More Laundry Issues

Did not want to hijack the other laundry thread...

We have a front loader washing m/c. We currently use a washing powder in a green cardboard pack. The name is in Thai and looks something like "llgniina" (Attack?). For softener we use PUFF.

The washing program has a spin dry cycle and the washing is then hung to dry indoors or on a 70% enclosed balcony.

Somehow the towels are never soft nor smell nice - irrespective of how much PUFF is used.

Any suggestions on alternative powder/softener or tips to get the washing soft and smelling nice?

Did not want to hijack the other laundry thread...

We have a front loader washing m/c. We currently use a washing powder in a green cardboard pack. The name is in Thai and looks something like "llgniina" (Attack?). For softener we use PUFF.

The washing program has a spin dry cycle and the washing is then hung to dry indoors or on a 70% enclosed balcony.

Somehow the towels are never soft nor smell nice - irrespective of how much PUFF is used.

Any suggestions on alternative powder/softener or tips to get the washing soft and smelling nice?

I had a similar problem, my washing machine dumps the Puff softener stuff on the first rinse, My machine was set on two rinses so the second rinse I was rinsing the softener out, Worth a look. I corrected this after I read the operating manual like I should have done in the beginning, I'm a dumbAxx. :D:o

Hi cyber cynic

What is the water temp during washing?

Hot water offers the best results and many detergents won’t start reacting until the water reaches about 18 degrees (celsius – think that’s 65 fahrenheit). This is a common reason for detergents not working. :o

Hi cyber cynic

Hot water offers the best results and many detergents won’t start reacting until the water reaches about 18 degrees (celsius – think that’s 65 fahrenheit). This is a common reason for detergents not working. :D

Too technical, Nat.

You are talking to guys wanting to understand the washing process, remember,.... :o:D

Hi cyber cynic

Hot water offers the best results and many detergents won’t start reacting until the water reaches about 18 degrees (celsius – think that’s 65 fahrenheit). This is a common reason for detergents not working.  :o

The m/c has a temperature selector. I am pretty sure the washing usually gets done at 40 degrees.

I think that you will find that under line drying,your towels will be rougher,dryer drying does tend to soften them,and if you are using fabric softner either in the rinse or in the dryer,the towels will not absorb to much water before they quit working.

That is because the softner leaves a waxy finish on the knapp of the towel.and without softner,your towels will smell a lot fresher after you dry em and bring em in..but you will not get the same smell as you did when you was a kid and the air was cleaner and you will find no clean air in Thailand,anywhere. :o

Ok so let me get this straight this thread is about wnting to know how to use a washing machine right? Go to the nearest bar pay the bar fine and the girl will do the washing for you...... :o Why would any guy waste his precious time in the LOS doing the washing?

WOLFIE, There is no doubt in my mind about the clean air at PHUKET or anywhere else around Thailand,specially in the south,maybe up on the top of DIO ITHANON above the smog,,

If you think that it is so clean,come in by ship or sailboat, and you can see Thailand smog for 2 days out and can navagate in just by heading into the worst of of the yellow air.

Look at the setting sun in the evenings and notice the color changes from noon on til sunset,or at the rising or setting moon, that will tell ya something. :o

Ok so let me get this straight this thread is about wnting to know how to use a washing machine right? Go to the nearest bar pay the bar fine and the girl will do the washing for you...... :o Why would any guy waste his precious time in the LOS doing the washing?

hmmmmmmmm....:D

Slightly off track there with your assumptions london guy - I am not a single guy, so don't think my partner would appreciate me bringing home a bargirl, especially since we already have a full time maid who does the washing.

We know how to use the machine and have followed all the relevant instructions (for m/c and detergent) and we still both find the towels very hard and not having the same nice smell as we were able to get in Europe.

Since we use the local detergent/softener, I was looking for recommendations on what others use with good results.

Cant belive I am posting here.......but Blue said it all....haha sack the maid !!

Seriously though.......my towels are real soft after the wash. Use the softner with the last rinse......i do it manually during the last rinse otherwise they do end up feeling like grit 180 sandpaper !! :o

Or.....maybe your towels are old and need to be changed ! Or as Tutsi said........Go nud_e today !! :D