Samui drug addict dies while in custody

webfact

Samui drug addict dies while in custody
Phuket Gazette

kss.jpeg
Mr Kosin was found dead in his jail cell without any signs of a struggle. Photo: Suchat Hankij

SAMUI: -- Officials are investigating the death of a man who was being held in custody at the Bo Phut Police Station in Koh Samui yesterday.

“Kosin Tongjutha, 44, originally from Nothanburi Province, was found dead in his jail cell with no signs of a struggle,” said Lt Col Denduang Tongsisuk of the Bo Phut Police.

“A urine test has confirmed the presence of drugs in his system. He seemed to have been dead for about five hours before his body was discovered.”

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Samui-drug-addict-dies-in-custody/63999?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-06-03

Alone in a Thai cell?

A cell at a police station, not unusual.

Unusual at the Bophut Police station.

There is a guard sitting there 24/7, they fill up the cells closest until there is no more room to sleep on, then the next cell.

And yes, they have cctv cameras, bet they were non functional....

I go there there to translate..

This is news these days? During the Thaksin regime there were many thousands who died in police custody.

Think what people are questioning is that his cell was not checked for 5 hours...

But then if it was night do you go around waking everybody up every hour to see if the are alive? well yes I bet very few will be asleep, I bet he was not found in a peaceful slumber position but more probably died a agonising death where cries of pain or for help went unchecked.

In reality I think that a risk assessment should be done on all those held in custody and actions taken accordingly, yes cells should be checked every hour, for persons at risk of self harming or those suffering from affects of booze and drugs should be checked more frequently,

This is news these days? During the Thaksin regime there were many thousands who died in police custody.

Think what people are questioning is that his cell was not checked for 5 hours...

But then if it was night do you go around waking everybody up every hour to see if the are alive? well yes I bet very few will be asleep, I bet he was not found in a peaceful slumber position but more probably died a agonising death where cries of pain or for help went unchecked.

In reality I think that a risk assessment should be done on all those held in custody and actions taken accordingly, yes cells should be checked every hour, for persons at risk of self harming or those suffering from affects of booze and drugs should be checked more frequently,

Maybe he went to a "Safe house" like the Burmese two from koh tao. bah.gif

Alone in a Thai cell?

There is a guard sitting there 24/7, they fill up the cells closest until there is no more room to sleep on, then the next cell.

So, on a quiet night, not so many crimes, so the cells are not so busy.

Regardless of your alleged translation skills, have you ever been in his situation ?

I would suggest NO.

Alone in a Thai cell?

So, on a quiet night, not so many crimes, so the cells are not so busy.

Regardless of your alleged translation skills, have you ever been in his situation ?

I would suggest NO.

I would suggest that the ability to type on an internet forum would preclude the poster from being in the dead mans situation.

Archived