Land owner name and blue book main person name

I got a interesting issue from a friend. Wondering anyone here can help provide an answer.

My friend decided to apply for a yellow book and he went down to his local Amphur office with his wife only. Wth all his relevant documents, he was rejected and ask to arrange another appointment date as he need to bring the "Pu Yai" refer to the village chief and few neighbors along to prove his residence location. And here, he was also told to get his wife's mum come along as the mum is the main person/house in charge stated inside the blue book. (I don't know what they call in Thai). The issue is here, he got the impression that in future regarding to any kind of issue related to provide the blue book, wife's mum need to be present. But the house land is already transferred from mum to his wife. So the land ownership transferring is actually quite useless? Does it mean in future if his wife intend to sell/mortgage or whatever, she can't do it without her mum authorization as the mum is the main person inside the blue book?

Once you obtain your own Yellow book (Tabian Baan), then you shouldn't have any issues arise where the blue book is required again.

The MIL has to sign, giving her permission for you to obtain a Yellow book as she is the blue book holder for that address.

As blackcab stated, a blue book has no relevance to ownership, that is in the deeds.

Wife can sell or mortgage the land any time she wants without anyone's permission (assuming she is over 20 years old),

Blue book has zero relevance to property ownership.

Once you obtain your own Yellow book (Tabian Baan), then you shouldn't have any issues arise where the blue book is required again.

The MIL has to sign, giving her permission for you to obtain a Yellow book as she is the blue book holder for that address.

As blackcab stated, a blue book has no relevance to ownership, that is in the deeds.

Thank you for the info.

At every Amphur someone dreams up his own rules for obtaining the yellow book, or any other matter.

I think so. The yellow book application should be a easy process. But the Amphur my friend visited is quite reluctant to process his yellow book.