School milk meant for Thai students show up at a Cambodian department store

rooster59

I'm sure that this story is just the tip of the iceberg, I'll wager that there is rampant theft/fraud in Thailand by Govt. employees. Even if the swindlers are caught, all they ever get is a slap on the wrist and pay some pathetic paltry fine, zero deterrent when you consider the sums of money they are siphoning...TIT, same shit, different day...coffee1.gif

Fully agree. How likely is it they got caught on the first time out? Not very likely I suspect.

W

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Under my regime I will restore peace and order to the people. Happiness every day. I will remove corruption from our ranks. (Not an exact quote but you get my drift from the daily diatribes and diarrhea spewed out

Ummm I remember these words. Nothing yet I can see.

And here is yest more DAILY proof his OWN Appointed and remaining officials think HE TOO is an idiot. Not just us.

So it is here we see the proof it is business as usual and nothing will ever change only now it is far worse.

How can that be?

a lot of thai children don't seem to like their school milk. my stepsons bring bags full of this milk home with them at times, rather than throw it away it is been given to children who have milk drinking relatives at home. i sometimes don't buy milk for my morning cereal for weeks.

perhaps a school found a way of generating a bit of income this way instead.

As I understood it some years back, the milk is offered to all the children but many don't like the taste and refuse it. My girls did like it, and every few weeks brought home a 24 pack tray, which they consumed at home.

As a child, school milk was compulsory in infant's school. I used to buy a straw with a flavour insert each day.

Under my regime I will restore peace and order to the people. Happiness every day. I will remove corruption from our ranks. (Not an exact quote but you get my drift from the daily diatribes and diarrhea spewed out

And here is yest more DAILY proof his OWN Appointed and remaining officials think HE TOO is an idiot. Not just us.

So it is here we see the proof it is business as usual and nothing will ever change only now it is far worse.

How can that be?

you seem to think that the current PM should be held responsible every minor crime committed in the nation. Do you also think that the prior PM should be held accountable for crimes committed by her (allegedly) appointed Ministers?

How can that be?

you seem to think that the current PM should be held responsible every minor crime committed in the nation. Do you also think that the prior PM should be held accountable for crimes committed by her (allegedly) appointed Ministers?

"you seem to think that the current PM should be held responsible every minor crime committed in the nation."

At what point would he be responsible for the state of law and order in the country? I thought he said that was his first priority.

Not doing terribly well then, is he? Crime at all levels is increasing at about the same rate the economy is crashing.

W

How can that be?

We used to call Margaret Thatcher the milk snatcher for ending free milk to primary schools in UK.

Yingluck the milk snatcher doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

I know you are a bit of a stalker on the qt and like to make her responsible for all Thailand's woes, but blaming her 2 years after the coup for school milk turning up in Cambodia is a bit of a stretch, even for you yellow folks.

Edited by tuanku

How can that be?

We used to call Margaret Thatcher the milk snatcher for ending free milk to primary schools in UK.

I know you are a bit of a stalker on the qt and like to make her responsible for all Thailand's woes, but blaming her 2 years after the coup for school milk turning up in Cambodia is a bit of a stretch, even for you yellow folks.

Do you have problems with reading and comprehension? Where was there ANY suggestion that Yingluk or her ministers are responsible for the sale of school milk?

How can that be?

Previous governments have made this country what it is. HOWEVER it has become vastly different to what it was when I arrived 4.5 years ago. It is far worse and getting even worse day by day. NOT BAD - WORSE. And it is this one man pulling all the strings.

If you think it is acceptable I pity you. Yes he is responsible for the things getting as they are now as it is is HIM who directs and appoints and removes. READ THE NEWS.

How can that be?

Previous governments have made this country what it is. HOWEVER it has become vastly different to what it was when I arrived 4.5 years ago. It is far worse and getting even worse day by day. NOT BAD - WORSE. And it is this one man pulling all the strings.

If you think it is acceptable I pity you. Yes he is responsible for the things getting as they are now as it is is HIM who directs and appoints and removes. READ THE NEWS.

Four, and a half, years - wow! Perhaps your perception that things are getting worse is influenced by the number of crimes now uncovered, reported and being investigated that were previously untouchable. Personally, I love seeing the criminals that flourished under the Shinawatra banner being flushed from cover.

But you didn't answer the question. If you expect the current PM to micro-manage and be responsible for every petty crime, shouldn't the previous PM be held responsible for crimes committed by the ministers she appointed (allegedly)?

How can that be?

Do you have problems with reading and comprehension? Where was there ANY suggestion that Yingluk or her ministers are responsible for the sale of school milk?

Must confess to a bit of a deliberate wind-up there, but the yellow brigade with their obsession with the Thaksin tribe do get boring unless you poke them with a sharp stick from time to time. Nice to get a reaction. There is no established link between the milk in Cambodia and any Thai governmental organisation and it could all be entirely innocent, however the fact that it even got to the newspaper highlights the assumption that everyone makes that corruption is involved. Having promised to tackle corruption, that does put it into the PM's court.

I thought that most Thais lacked the genetic adaptation necessary to digest milk and other dairy products beyond the age of weaning; if that is correct, what the hell are they doing giving schoolkids milk?

There's the excuse; milk is harming our kids,so we gave it to Cambodia to protect them!

How can that be?

Four, and a half, years - wow! Perhaps your perception that things are getting worse is influenced by the number of crimes now uncovered, reported and being investigated that were previously untouchable. Personally, I love seeing the criminals that flourished under the Shinawatra banner being flushed from cover.

But you didn't answer the question. If you expect the current PM to micro-manage and be responsible for every petty crime, shouldn't the previous PM be held responsible for crimes committed by the ministers she appointed (allegedly)?

Quite right, you can't expect the PM to handle every single incident.

But he can appoint people to do it.

Problem with that is, reading about incidents like this makes it apparent that everyone from the top down is either incompetent or bent.

We've received less milk this year as well. I've noticed since it's what I've used for making pancakes before, now I've had to buy the milk myself. Most likely skimmed off before ever reaching the schools.

Thailand is going from bad to worse very quickly.

The all -pervasive dishonesty is breathtaking. Seriously, it's just breathtaking.

W

I would not just single out Thailand in the going from bad to worse very quickly category.

The all -pervasive dishonesty is breathtaking. Seriously, it's just breathtaking.

W

I would not just single out Thailand in the going from bad to worse very quickly category.

Neither would I. Nor did I.

The UK is going to hell quite quickly as well. Thanks do David sodding Cameron and Tony sodding Blair.

But you can buy decent fish and chips and a decent curry in UK and decent fish and chips in Australia, so it's not so bad.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

Quite right, you can't expect the PM to handle every single incident.

But he can appoint people to do it.

Problem with that is, reading about incidents like this makes it apparent that everyone from the top down is either incompetent or bent.

Or both. Being Thai 95% guarantees being both. If your competent and manege to keep your job (most do), your probably bent as well.

W

W

nah, this is very low end stuff, what was breathtaking was all those fire trucks left to go to ruin in a field outside bangkok

woulde rather drink piss than UHT milk, its revolting.

Well Ghandi wore by it, and in the 70's it was apparently quite popular. But as a fad, its time is past.

BTW most of the well known advocates, Jim Morrison and John Lennon, are dead, and Keith Richards looks like he is

Edited by halloween

Well... many, many folk in Thailand have got very rich overnight from tons of rice 'going off the radar'..looks like school milk may be way down the ladder, but worth a go..?

Place your bets now ladies & gentlemen as to who's behind this unique scam,- today's favourites in the running are... rogue monks, inactive-posted MiB, Trawler owners under restriction,

Tour-bus drivers still on the run, Or maybe you'd like to bet on the 'outsider'..within the cartons of milk shipped over the border was a cache of tiger-parts destined for a chinese rail-investor..??

Thai free school milk surface in Cambodian markets over two years

201_school-milk-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Government-supported free UHT school milk were sold in Cambodia for over two years, according to market survey by ThaiPBS in Cambodia.

The random survey was conducted at major supermarkets both in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh following the emergence in Cambodian markets of school milk which are meant free for primary students at state schools in Thailand are sold openly despite the milk with a sign which reads ‘not for sale’ on the pack.

ThaiPBS reporter visited a major supermarket in Siem Reap and found the school milk from Thailand were still displayed on shelves among other milk.

When asked a staff at the supermarket about the school milk, he said there were only 10 packs remaining on the shelf and were the last in stocks.

A pack of the school milk was sold at 50 US cents or 17-18 baht.

He said the school milk were ordered through a Cambodian local radio station which is owned by Cambodian who was married to Thai woman.

The school milk were then delivered to the supermarket by a Siem Reap-Phnom Penh bus.

A random survey at an adjacent shop did not produce Thai school milk on shelf but a shop employee recalled that recently he saw a Thai man and a Cambodian staff setting up a booth using loudspeaker to introduce the Thai school milk to the Cambodian shoppers in the market.

The three-day market survey by ThaiPBS news team in Cambodia revealed the fact that Thai student milk were on sale in several towns of Cambodia which included Siem Reap, Phanom Penh for more than two years.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/166161

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-06