Muhammad Ali, who riveted the world as 'The Greatest,' dies

rooster59

Ali was an arrogant loud-mouth. As a kid he was the very opposite of a hero and a role model for me. His egotistical self-aggrandisement wasn't amusing but was quite crass. I wanted him to lose every fight. I had much more admiration for Henry Cooper, who was quiet and modest.

Fine, so come back when Cooper dies!

Is this thread only for those saying nice things? Perhaps the mods should set up two threads in future whenever anyone dies - one for the fans who can whitewash their heros to their heart's delight, and one for those who want to have a proper discussion of the subject's merits.

DITTO.

Come back some time later - leave a little time for other people to show respect.

Are you that sensitive? When someone is in the news that's exactly the time for discussion. For instance, no one is interested in discussing Prince any more.

I see that there is now another thread for the Ali fans, clearly labelled as such. Take it there.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this thread only for those saying nice things? Perhaps the mods should set up two threads in future whenever anyone dies - one for the fans who can whitewash their heros to their heart's delight, and one for those who want to have a proper discussion of the subject's merits.

Ali was an arrogant loud-mouth. As a kid he was the very opposite of a hero and a role model for me. His egotistical self-aggrandisement wasn't amusing but was quite crass. I wanted him to lose every fight. I had much more admiration for Henry Cooper, who was quiet and modest.

DITTO.

Come back some time later - leave a little time for other people to show respect.

Are you that sensitive? When someone is in the news that's exactly the time for discussion. For instance, no one is interested in discussing Prince any more. I see that there is now another thread for the Ali fans, clearly labelled as such. Take it there.

Pity you are so unlike your hero - quiet and modest.