Any rap bars/clubs in cm?

P4K

When I was in bkk/phuket they had these, I've been in cm a few months now but the only place Ive found was corner bistro which plays like oldschool hiphop on fridays, but are there any like trap/modern type places around here? it seems like anywhere you go is just top 50/edm music

I don't know of any rap bars in Chiang Mai....and hope it stays that way. I like most music from Opera to jazz to heavy rock and in between, but for the life of me I can't get my get around rap.

Good luck in finding what you're after...even if you have to return to bkk/Phuket to do so.

I don't know of any rap bars in Chiang Mai....and hope it stays that way. I like most music from Opera to jazz to heavy rock and in between, but for the life of me I can't get my get around rap.

Good luck in finding what you're after...even if you have to return to bkk/Phuket to do so.

Really? Rap's great. Nothing better than trying to sound cool whilst dissin' biatches over the top of a drum loop nicked from someone else's work. Edited by JaseTheBass

You might change your mind after watching this one, nigga:

Edited by lostinisaan

Probably nothing worth mentioning in CM. I went to one outdoor concert event. Thai DJs sucked.

How many times can you say "Get yer hand up get yer MF hands up".

Went on for ages.

There is quite a bit of creativity in Rap, spittin' some truth (often threatening to the establishment). A different kind of musicianship based on production skills,

there are always people wirh chops in the background or sampled. What most kids follow these days anyway is just sexy people dancing, especially in Asia.

None of them can play an instrument.

But what do I know? I'm just a guy who walks in a club and wants to hear a groove..

Rap is here......CM specific though kinda soft groove type stuff for me.

http://youtu.be/S71X55GnHO8

I like all type of music...and I do mean all....but Rap for me never got better than NWA with Express Yourself (I am old) or Eminem with "Shake That" (and that's only because I close my eyes and remember the first time I ever heard this and a group of the most stunning young ladies dancing to it but not having a clue what the lyrics were about). I love poetry and these are the only two pieces that came near it and actually made me listen to some rap.

Edited by mamborobert

Judge Bork's piece on "Rap Music and the Case For Censorship" comes to mind.

Did Bork write a specific piece about Rap music? Please provide a link if so. He had a powerful if unconvincing intellect, got a few things right. As a Jurist he was an extreme reactionary ideologue who "legislated from the bench" He argued that the second ammendment only guaranteed the right to join a government militia. He could not get appointed anywhere by any Republican today. We'll never know anyway and suffered Fat Tony in exchange

In Judge Borks' prudish America artists and musicians could have been censored by the government with impunity, and would be totally ineffective to protect traditional morality. Just take a look any of the countries that impose censorship (don't have to look far).

Corrupt and rotten, root to branch.

After 3rd grade Rap (capitalized for reference only) has no relevance to any kind of building of society/humanity....It is reptilian at best & belongs dead with the demise of the dinosaurs.....

To equate it with light or fire its give it much more credit than it deserves.....

It belongs to the black quagmire pandering to inept vacuumed/empty & thoughtless minds.....

For the sake of violence based on Damocles....

To think that the Thai's would embrace this garbage/affront would be to set the entire country pre human....

This violent, pre human menustrations does not belong in modern & civilized society....

Except maybe for isis....

Edited by pgrahmm

The OP was asking about rap bars, not wanting to have an in-depth debate regarding the likes and morality of it. (Boring old farts). I bet some of you are still complaining that the Beatles hair styles are too long.

Betcha rap has been suppressed like most other western music in Chiang Mai, so I would say there are none in Chiang Mai.

I like all type of music...and I do mean all....but Rap for me never got better than NWA with Express Yourself (I am old) or Eminem with "Shake That" (and that's only because I close my eyes and remember the first time I ever heard this and a group of the most stunning young ladies dancing to it but not having a clue what the lyrics were about). I love poetry and these are the only two pieces that came near it and actually made me listen to some rap.

omg that videos the most cringe thing ive ever seen lmfao

and yea thanks for the replys haha guess im outta luck then

omg that videos the most cringe thing ive ever seen lmfao

and yea thanks for the replys haha guess im outta luck then

AHHHH beyond cringe... Reminded me of Rebecca Black's classic youtube song "It's Friday" like all the hair flipping and farang uni girls. milenials !

Judge Bork's piece on "Rap Music and the Case For Censorship" comes to mind.

Did Bork write a specific piece about Rap music? Please provide a link if so. He had a powerful if unconvincing intellect, got a few things right. As a Jurist he was an extreme reactionary ideologue who "legislated from the bench" He argued that the second ammendment only guaranteed the right to join a government militia. He could not get appointed anywhere by any Republican today. We'll never know anyway and suffered Fat Tony in exchange

In Judge Borks' prudish America artists and musicians could have been censored by the government with impunity, and would be totally ineffective to protect traditional morality. Just take a look any of the countries that impose censorship (don't have to look far).

Corrupt and rotten, root to branch.

It was a chapter in his best-seller: Slouching Towards Gomorrah. I strongly recommend it.