Wii Or Ps3?

Turok

Kenn:

Switch to Loxinfo. No problems. That could be an alternative.

Hey i got to the part in Zelda where Link turns into the wolf. Took me 4 hours! The adventure is just beginning!

Turok

Unfortunately I'm still on a True contract till next year, plus my phone line is True so probably cannot switch to Loxinfo at all, bummer.

I heard that after the first update you have to select a country, did you select Thailand or US?

I succesfully got rid of the True firmware on the router yesterday and was able to turn of its firewall and other security, unfortunately still 32002 and 32004 error message when trying to connect. I looks like there is not even an attempt to connect. I installed the Nintendo USB wifi connector which connects flawlesly with the Wii, just updating does not work.

I'm about to throw out my old router and just get a wireless one, trouble is it could be my router, pc, usb connector or the Wii itself, madness :o:D:D

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been offered a PS3 at Art and Gun (Mbk 6th floor) - 60gb version with one game and extra controller for 39,000

Anyone know if I can beat this somewhere - or whether I can force them much lower. I can wait a few weeks if I will save myself 5000 or so.

thanks guys

While I'm really looking forward to the Wii, B19k is just too much above retail for me to be comfortable with. Retail in the US is $250, which is a bit under B10k. I'll wait a few weeks and see if it drops to around 12-13k, or just buy it myself in the US. As much as I love Zelda I'm not paying an extra 10k just to play it immediately at launch. :o

I think the price is going to stay high until it's released in Europe and Japan on Dec 8th. I'm sure they're selling some Wiis to people from these places who either don't know or don't understand that some games may be region locked.

Been offered a PS3 at Art and Gun (Mbk 6th floor) - 60gb version with one game and extra controller for 39,000

Anyone know if I can beat this somewhere - or whether I can force them much lower. I can wait a few weeks if I will save myself 5000 or so.

thanks guys

Thats exactly what I paid. MBK level 6.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago tho, so I would have thought that the price may have dropped a little bit since then?...

Edited by ashacat

Its interesting how some posters are whining about the price of the Wii and PS3.

U know, its these same people who won't hesitate to drink away 2 or 3 thousand baht without batting an eye or spend 8 or 9 k a month on other frivolities that offer absolutley no return or longevity. It really makes no sense. So what if the Wii is double the price, jeez you would drink that amount away in 2 weeks. Think about it. Next time you go out, set aside the same amount in an envelope and then in a week or so you can get that Wii or PS3 that is at 20000k. And buying in USA! The airline ticket alone will cost you $1000. Fed Ex charges will run $150 to $200 and the delivery charge a few thousand baht more. Doesnt make sense. Go out and get a system and stop worrying about the cash. The nites you spend playing instead of boozing or whatever will soon cover the markup on the game console.

Just my take on the people who are cringing at the costs.

I found a page on ign.com that discusses the Wii and some of the configuration for those who are having difficulties.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/wii_networking.txt

Finally got to the first temple in Zelda. 7 hours already invested in teh game. Time flies.

Turok

Its interesting how some posters are whining about the price of the Wii and PS3.

U know, its these same people who won't hesitate to drink away 2 or 3 thousand baht without batting an eye or spend 8 or 9 k a month on other frivolities that offer absolutley no return or longevity. It really makes no sense. So what if the Wii is double the price, jeez you would drink that amount away in 2 weeks. Think about it. Next time you go out, set aside the same amount in an envelope and then in a week or so you can get that Wii or PS3 that is at 20000k. And buying in USA! The airline ticket alone will cost you $1000. Fed Ex charges will run $150 to $200 and the delivery charge a few thousand baht more. Doesnt make sense. Go out and get a system and stop worrying about the cash. The nites you spend playing instead of boozing or whatever will soon cover the markup on the game console.

Just my take on the people who are cringing at the costs.

Turok

And for those that dont go out drinking, spend 8k on frivolities or dont plan to go to America and get one - can we continue to seek advice concerning the cost of the consoles? :o

Yea... My advice is to get one now otherwise you got too many games to play and never get to finsish them. If you wait a year or so u have a back log of games. Zelda alone could take you weeks or months to finish.

Heck i am all set with 4 Wii motes and 3 games and it cost me 30000k. Its done and over.

Enjoying the gmes instead of sitting around and wondering if I should get a console or not.

Turok

I saw a PS3 in action for the first time today. I have no idea what the game was, but it didn’t impress me at all. Until the guy told me, I thought he was playing an average PS2 game. I am sure that there are some great games for it but that wasn’t one of them. The machine itself was huge, although not massively bigger than the 360.

Anyway I am considering a 360. I was quoted 16000 chipped and ready to go. There seems to be a fine collection of very good games available already i.e. Oblivion, Gears of War, Dead Rising. What is the general opinion on the 360? Am I making the right move in getting one now, or should I wait and get a PS3? Also, what do I do with my old Xbox if I get the new one?

Turok

thats funny. always thought gamer geeks only drank milk. and eat candy. :o

thanks guys

Hi yes i have a ps3 60gb 2 controllers ridge racer 7 and a hdmi cable i imported from hong kong i want to sell for 40,000 im in bangkok it is all new and sealled let me know if you are interested.

The one in mbk is japanese spec right? mine is hong kong i have a hong kong xbox 360 too i use here

Anyway I am considering a 360. I was quoted 16000 chipped and ready to go. There seems to be a fine collection of very good games available already i.e. Oblivion, Gears of War, Dead Rising. What is the general opinion on the 360? Am I making the right move in getting one now, or should I wait and get a PS3? Also, what do I do with my old Xbox if I get the new one?

At the moment there are far better games on the 360 than PS3 and that's not likely to change for quite sometime. Saying that, i always preferred the PS2 selection of games over the Xbox so i've no doubt that Sony will balance the scales sooner rather than later. Which is console is better though? Well there's probably whole websites dedictated to this topic already. I'm sure you'd be happy with either of them and if you can't decide then get them both.

Hello folks. I am going to Thailand on the winter break vacation, and also looking for Xbox360 console and games. Do you guys selling the US version overthere? If yes, could you list me the price?

i want one in 2 days where and how much?

thanks guys

Hi yes i have a ps3 60gb 2 controllers ridge racer 7 and a hdmi cable i imported from hong kong i want to sell for 40,000 im in bangkok it is all new and sealled let me know if you are interested.

The one in mbk is japanese spec right? mine is hong kong i have a hong kong xbox 360 too i use here

That was for the Asian version too mate - not the Japanese one :o

I went to MBK yesterday, intending to buy a 20Gb PS3. Best price I found was 25k but.......

The same shop offered me an XBox 360 for 15k. Decided this was by far a better deal, bought a few "backup" games, an extra controller and an intercooler thing on top and all came to less than 20k

Have to say having seen the PS3 being demoed was what changed my mind, didn't look that superior to the 360 and less software available at the moment. I'll probably still get a PS3 but maybe in a couple of years time :D

Couldn't find the Wii anywhere :o

Am I right in thinking that I'm better off getting an Asian (Hong Kong) PS3 rather than a Japanese or US one?

Voltage;

The voltage in Hong Kong and Thailand are both 220V, and 230V in UK (where I'm from), whereas Japan is 100V and US is 120V which is a benefit, but presumably I'd only need a transformer to use a US or Jap one.

Video Standard;

The US and Japan both use NTSC, whilst Thailand, Hong Kong, and UK use Pal. In practice Hong Kong uses both, and the HK PS3 currently only supports NTSC, but on Sony's HK site they say this:

Can PLAYSTATION®3 sold in Hong Kong play PAL content?

PLAYSTATION®3 sold in Hong Kong can play only NTSC (60i)

content at this moment. This means 50i AVCHD content

(recorded by video camera) and PAL DVD (SD) cannot be played.

These contents are now planned to become playable through

system update, which is planned to be released on 2007 spring.

All my Thai and UK DVDs are Pal.

Is this likely to be limited to the Asian PS3, or an upgrade for the other NTSC versions too? I don't see that they'd have much motivation to allow the US or Jap PS3 to play PAL content, as it's another crude form of region lock.

Language;

Obviously the US version will be in English, but what about the Asian and Jap versions? Hong Kong being a former British colony and Sony's HK PS3 site being available in English makes me think the Asian PS3 should have English language support, am I correct in thinking that? I'm a bit worried that if I get a Jap PS3 it won't have English language support, or do all versions have multiple language support? This would make sense, but console makers always seem to try to make it as awkward as possible to use their consoles outside of the regions they come from.

Is there much of a proce difference between the different versions in Thailand? I'm planning on going to MBK this afternoon to get one as that seems the best place from reading this thread, so any thoughts before then would be helpful.

Cheers,

Konangrit

I bought a 60GB HK one for 32K from the stall closest to the escalators, an extra 4K for RR7 and Resistance.

My concern about the language was unwarranted, even the Japanese games played in English after I selected it in the OS, which is great for people playing grey imports as PS3 games aren't region locked.

Am I right in thinking that I'm better off getting an Asian (Hong Kong) PS3 rather than a Japanese or US one?

Voltage;

The voltage in Hong Kong and Thailand are both 220V, and 230V in UK (where I'm from), whereas Japan is 100V and US is 120V which is a benefit, but presumably I'd only need a transformer to use a US or Jap one.

Video Standard;

The US and Japan both use NTSC, whilst Thailand, Hong Kong, and UK use Pal. In practice Hong Kong uses both, and the HK PS3 currently only supports NTSC, but on Sony's HK site they say this:

Can PLAYSTATION®3 sold in Hong Kong play PAL content?

PLAYSTATION®3 sold in Hong Kong can play only NTSC (60i)

content at this moment. This means 50i AVCHD content

(recorded by video camera) and PAL DVD (SD) cannot be played.

These contents are now planned to become playable through

system update, which is planned to be released on 2007 spring.

All my Thai and UK DVDs are Pal.

Is this likely to be limited to the Asian PS3, or an upgrade for the other NTSC versions too? I don't see that they'd have much motivation to allow the US or Jap PS3 to play PAL content, as it's another crude form of region lock.

Language;

Obviously the US version will be in English, but what about the Asian and Jap versions? Hong Kong being a former British colony and Sony's HK PS3 site being available in English makes me think the Asian PS3 should have English language support, am I correct in thinking that? I'm a bit worried that if I get a Jap PS3 it won't have English language support, or do all versions have multiple language support? This would make sense, but console makers always seem to try to make it as awkward as possible to use their consoles outside of the regions they come from.

Is there much of a proce difference between the different versions in Thailand? I'm planning on going to MBK this afternoon to get one as that seems the best place from reading this thread, so any thoughts before then would be helpful.

Cheers,

Konangrit

There is no difference between any of the machines, and you can change everything except the voltage with software. Period.

Hey dudes..

I´m goning down to thailand in april 07.. and thinking of bying me a ps3 down there..

do the ps3 i buy in thailand going to work in sweden? or is the asian-version diffrent to the european? or can i get a european-version of the ps3 in thailand?

/G

Please note that the U.S spec PS3 doesn’t play PAL DVDs. Japan being an NTSC country most likely has the same limitation. Having said that, make no mistake, many PS3 in Hong Kong are grey imports from Japan and not the official HK Sony machines. So be careful taking for granted that an HK PS3 plays PAL just because HK is a PAL country.

BR /// Rob

Fellas:

I don't know why all the talk about the PS3. The Wii is a much better value with a better line up of games and just overall more fun. The simple Wii Sports is a multi player blast! Just last nite 4 of us played for hours bowling, boxing, and golfing. It was a riot! The wii mote is responsive. And I'm tired of people saying Nintendo is for kids. Nintendo also has Call fo Duty, Splinter Cell etc... Its the other games like MArio, Zelda, and Metroid that set Nintendo apart. Get the Wii.

By the way, latest reports have the Nintendo Ds Lite far outselling the PSP. The DS is alot more fun.

Turok

Edited by Turok

I saw the Wii in action for the first time yesterday. I was not impressed. Zelda was playing and the graphics did not impress. Although I know graphics aren’t everything and the game play is probably great I would at least expect a move forward in the graphics for a next generation console. Why couldn’t Nintendo have made the same console but with superior power. They would have swept up with it.

Turok, do you work for Nintendo in some way? I have never seen such devotion to a brand before. You should try for a job in the Nintendo marketing department. :o

Fellas:

I don't know why all the talk about the PS3. The Wii is a much better value with a better line up of games and just overall more fun. The simple Wii Sports is a multi player blast! Just last nite 4 of us played for hours bowling, boxing, and golfing. It was a riot! The wii mote is responsive. And I'm tired of people saying Nintendo is for kids. Nintendo also has Call fo Duty, Splinter Cell etc... Its the other games like MArio, Zelda, and Metroid that set Nintendo apart. Get the Wii.

By the way, latest reports have the Nintendo Ds Lite far outselling the PSP. The DS is alot more fun.

Turok

Rich:

And for the money, PS3 did not impress. And graphics? Phooeeey, game play is the answer. Are you one of those geeky dudes who would rather sit around talking about the graphics of a game rather than gameplay? Thats like talking about the uniform of a sports team versus the quality of the teamwork and their style of play! PS3 is trying to win you over with graphics to cover the lack of good games and stories. If I were to get a second console it would be the XBOX this time around.

Turok