Wii Or Ps3?

Turok

Xbox 360 doesn't sell coz the bloody things don't work and no matter how much Mocrosoft denies this the truth is they launched a defective machine.

BenQ - I KNOW you have umpteen xboxes and no problems yet, so don't bother leaving a comment. OK?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just added my Wii's MAC address to my routers allow list

I don't have WEP/WPA enabled on my system - can you see your access point from your wii ( SSID )

I don't have WEP/WPA either. And it shows the router name too. It's on channel 11 as well.

check in your router that you have DHCP enabled ( auto assign IP address ) and you have allowed enough free range to allow all your devices to have an IP.

then maybe open your Wii web browser which should start the DHCP process and look in the staus section of your router and see that it has assigned an IP address to your Wii.

I downloaded the opera browser when it was free last month.

• 3 months later...
anyone out there that can tell me how much wii/ps3 and 360s are in bangkok and will these console play thai games(copies)?

Xbox360 - 13,900

Wii - 11,900

PS3 - 19,900

As for copies, dunno.. youd need to ask the shop :o

PS3 20gb 14,000 ---- Copies No,

PS3 80gb 18,000 ---- Copies No,

X-Box 360 Premium, 13,900 ---- Copies Yes ---- Likely to break down, yes

All from www.nadzproject.com deliver anywhere in Bangkok for 200 baht nadz are out of Wiis at the moment

Wii Jap version + Wii Key - 9,400 ---- Copies Yes

Wii US version + Wii Sports + Wii Key - 13,490 --- Copies Yes

Wii Jap Version + Wii Key + 2 Controllers + 10 Games + Adapter - 12,990

From www.j-signature.com

PS3 games from 1,400 to 2,100 Baht

X-Box 360 Copy Games --- 150 Baht

Wii Copy Games -------- 60 Baht

From anywhere, these prices from MBK

Nintendo have now found a means to detect the Wii Modchips and have implemented this on Super Mario Galaxy and will likely use this from now on

Everybody with a Wii and modchip will have to upgrade the modchip's firmware to play Mario and games released afterwards

PS3 20gb 14,000 ---- Copies No,

PS3 80gb 18,000 ---- Copies No,

X-Box 360 Premium, 13,900 ---- Copies Yes ---- Likely to break down, yes

All from www.nadzproject.com deliver anywhere in Bangkok for 200 baht nadz are out of Wiis at the moment

Wii Jap version + Wii Key - 9,400 ---- Copies Yes

Wii US version + Wii Sports + Wii Key - 13,490 --- Copies Yes

Wii Jap Version + Wii Key + 2 Controllers + 10 Games + Adapter - 12,990

From www.j-signature.com

PS3 games from 1,400 to 2,100 Baht

X-Box 360 Copy Games --- 150 Baht

Wii Copy Games -------- 60 Baht

From anywhere, these prices from MBK

:o:D:D:D wow,everything i needed to know in 1 mesaage.would you say the 360s are more trouble than they are worth?

which version ps3 and wii is best to use in thailand? :D

If you ask if the 360 is more trouble than it's worth you're opening up a whole can of worms, difffering people have different views, mine broke - so I am obviously not impressed, but other people's are fine not, so it's up to you really.

As for which ps3 to get for thailand use, it doesn't really matter as the games are region free, but the dvd blue rays are region specific, so if your watching movies it's worth looking into.

My 360 also broke, hopefully thanks to Ian B it is getting fixed but it's been 5 months since it last worked.

The first lot of 360's did have a major issue with them, in that when it overheated the motherboard flexed and pushed some chips out of align thus giving you the 3 red lights of death. When the major flaw is over heating you got to remember we live in Thailand where the heat is ridiculous sometimes. Hopefully the new 360's the Elite and the brand new ones off the line have got a bigger Heat sink and should be ok, but you never know.

You might get a couple of people coming on after me saying that cos their 360 didn't fail or their frends didn't fail that this is just a myth ..... but if it's a myth why are Microsoft putting in bigger heat sinks, also why would they extend the warrantee from 1 year to 3 years at a loss of millions.

If you're gonna get a 360 wait a few months and get an Elite or make sure it was made in the last 2 months.

As for which PS3 as Cowman saidit doesn't matter.

As for the Wii, I bought the Japanese version just os I saved a few thousand baht, tight bastard .... nearly all US games can be played on the Jap Wii in English, just the menus on the console load up screen is in Japanese.

If you got loads of cash just buy the US version.

My 360 also broke, hopefully thanks to Ian B it is getting fixed but it's been 5 months since it last worked.

The first lot of 360's did have a major issue with them, in that when it overheated the motherboard flexed and pushed some chips out of align thus giving you the 3 red lights of death. When the major flaw is over heating you got to remember we live in Thailand where the heat is ridiculous sometimes. Hopefully the new 360's the Elite and the brand new ones off the line have got a bigger Heat sink and should be ok, but you never know.

You might get a couple of people coming on after me saying that cos their 360 didn't fail or their frends didn't fail that this is just a myth ..... but if it's a myth why are Microsoft putting in bigger heat sinks, also why would they extend the warrantee from 1 year to 3 years at a loss of millions.

If you're gonna get a 360 wait a few months and get an Elite or make sure it was made in the last 2 months.

As for which PS3 as Cowman saidit doesn't matter.

As for the Wii, I bought the Japanese version just os I saved a few thousand baht, tight bastard .... nearly all US games can be played on the Jap Wii in English, just the menus on the console load up screen is in Japanese.

If you got loads of cash just buy the US version.

def do not have loads of cash,ok i will forget the 360 for now,ps3 im clear about but the wii,modchips needing upgrade to use new games :o:D:D:D .i am not a expert on a computer,far from it,but this does not sound easy.whats the price of a wii without the chip and how much are original games? :D thanks everyone :bah:

Colin:

You will be much better off looking for an original USA Wii. Games in teh orignal versions are no more than 2000. Having someone tampering with the machine leads to problems and if your machine is tampered with when you go to download the updates it will recognize the tamperoing and probably turn your Wii into a big white bookend. You have the right idea==== get an original.

Look at the XBox 360 people who are without a console.

Turok

Colin:

You will be much better off looking for an original USA Wii. Games in teh orignal versions are no more than 2000. Having someone tampering with the machine leads to problems and if your machine is tampered with when you go to download the updates it will recognize the tamperoing and probably turn your Wii into a big white bookend. You have the right idea==== get an original.

Look at the XBox 360 people who are without a console.

Turok

are any of the consoles sold in thailand original or do they come from a factory in china?i dont know anymore :o .does any company in mbk etc give a warranty?

The updated Wiikey Firmware is now out and I've already updated my Wii without any problems at all - Just download the .iso file, burn to DVD/CD and run the update program as if it were a gamecube game

Super Mario Galaxy is excellent BTW - A game everyone can play with one of the best in-game cameras ever. Not once do you feel lost or disorientated. Will definitly be purchasing the orginal when it comes out here in a week or two

The updated Wiikey Firmware is now out and I've already updated my Wii without any problems at all - Just download the .iso file, burn to DVD/CD and run the update program as if it were a gamecube game

Super Mario Galaxy is excellent BTW - A game everyone can play with one of the best in-game cameras ever. Not once do you feel lost or disorientated. Will definitly be purchasing the orginal when it comes out here in a week or two

so you think it is worth getting a chipped wii but only with the new wii key.

When you buy the chipped Wii ask them to show you Super Mario Galaxy running on it. If it works then the Wii has the new firmware

I bet most of the shops have this new bios now as it took me less than 30 mins to download, burn to DVD and then flash the console

When you buy the chipped Wii ask them to show you Super Mario Galaxy running on it. If it works then the Wii has the new firmware

I bet most of the shops have this new bios now as it took me less than 30 mins to download, burn to DVD and then flash the console

ok thanks mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So I purchased my chipped us wii from plantip, and I am very happy with it, Mario Galaxy- (mario has not been this good since mario64)

Anyway, the next thing I would like to achieve is to be able to burn my own discs as I live in kanchanaburi and have to go all the way to bangkok just to buy games, so I download them from torrents and have them on my computer. easy. The next part is where i'm stuck burning them onto Disc an getting it to play. Iv'e tried but no success, wii does not recognise the disc. What I'm actually trying to burn are N64 Roms.

Any Tips ?