Thai woman falls for "Randy" the handsome US Army general in million baht "Romance scam"

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just this morning I was contacted regarding a sum of 20 million as a beneficiary left in a Nigerian bank and would I send all my bank details, which I have done , however I am still waiting for the money a Mr Warren Buffett of NY was going to send me and a guy named Page from the Pentagon had a deal I couldn't refuse, one of the things I did notice wasn't the amount of money I was to receive, it was the terrible spelling, so In gratitude I downloaded a dictionary from Amazon with my bank details to all six thousand over the last decade........................................cheesy.gif

warrens home is in omaha.

Can anyone really have any sympathy for her ?

Yes, almost same thing happened to my SIL, might have been the same scumbags. I warned her she would not get any money and not to send any no mattre what the story. The fb page they used was a joke though, a US army captain with no friends. Hope they get 20 years of hell.

Tell your SIL for a 'million baht', I can be anybody she wants me to be!

NO. What ?A General under 60 years old in The US Army ? May be 55 but no younger.What about his accent when he talked ? Only one million baht ? A US General makes that in one month.He should have pocket change of $2,000.00 US

Edited by sanukjim

Those women who are scammed like this suggests to me that they themselves have been scammers and the boomerang is just coming back around to hit them in the pocket. It's hard to get your mind around the fact that there are still people, men and women, falling for this. But they all deserve each other.

Not yet 30 years old Nigerian/Zambian generals are as attractive/hunky to Thai ladies as is a 69 yeras old fat, violent and big-mouthed billionaire to the US electorate. They trust them re. him.

What's the difference concerning the IQ ???gigglem.gif

"69 years old fat, violent and big-mouthed" seem to very popular with thai ladies even if they are not billionaires.

Ah, the old pointing finger again! Still, I think I've sussed it - only the "boss" is allowed to point - the rest of you - hands behind your backs, please! OR - the other 4 officials are "armless", and consequently only one has the ability to point!

s11.jpg

Edited by sambum

Call up any Thai woman you know and tell her you are going to send her a bag of money and an IPhone and this news story will be repeated every time. You and I know it's a scam but what people are forgetting is how "Luck" is a cultural thing in the Thai psyche. You think that merit making is to worship Buddha? Merit is for asking what they want and to be lucky to get it. It is of selfishness and greed.

Most people I would hope, not most people on Thai Visa, but most normal people who aren't bitter and scornful.

If a friend from your home country sent that kind of money, to a Thai lady that he had never met, with promises of love or riches, and when he arrived, she was nowhere to be seen, you would call him a complete dlckhead.

However, you have sympathy for her ? Mmm.

I find it amazing that so many TV members think that these Nigerians posted their own picture on the Facebook page used in the scam. It is obvious (to me at least) that they made up the US Army General profile and, most likely, use a western image rather than a picture of an African American Army General.

I am fairly sure that the woman in question thought she was dealing with a white American General.

Yes, almost same thing happened to my SIL, might have been the same scumbags. I warned her she would not get any money and not to send any no mattre what the story. The fb page they used was a joke though, a US army captain with no friends. Hope they get 20 years of hell.

As you warned your SIL, how can you then offer your sympathy ?

Because people are fallible and even when they make stupid mistakes they are still deserved of one of the simplest of emotions of being human.

The story was reported on the Thai news this morning. The scammers used the picture of an actual 2 star American General dressed in his formal uniform. He looked quite handsome and was surrounded by his 'staff'. this is the picture the 'victim' saw not the perpetrators caught by the Thai police. The police also confiscated fake Thai customs forms showing that duty was due. i am sure they presented these somehow to the Thai victim to reel her in to the scam. These people are clever but today they learned a lesson. The streets of Bangkok seem to be full of scammers these days. Recently, had a Liberian stop me with a velvet bag selling 'diamonds'- 'very cheap' smuggled out of-the diamond region of Liberia. I just laughed and moved on. Persistent- kept following- until I told him to piss off.

People who "don't know any better" fall for this, and other, con-tricks.

Unfortunately Thailand is not short of people who fall into that category.

They are educated and encouraged to be so.

As I said in another post:

"Not surprising that Thailand is a magnet for psychopaths".

You can spot them easily. They're the ones who think that the ignorant are fodder, that they "deserve it", that it's all because of their "greed", that it's all the victims "fault".

They rationalise it an instant. Not troubled by empathy. Unblinking and unflinching, like the reptiles that they are.

Edited by Enoon

everyday, certainly dozens of foreigners are fleeced of their life savings by some greedy hooker, and nothing is done, nobody care.

But if you cheat a thai, the police will be hunting you.

and I would ask,who's fault is that? If the Falang is stupid enough to get all his baht taken then that is his fault!

everyday, certainly dozens of foreigners are fleeced of their life savings by some greedy hooker, and nothing is done, nobody care.

But if you cheat a thai, the police will be hunting you.

and I would ask,who's fault is that? If the Falang is stupid enough to get all his baht taken then that is his fault!

See?

When I've taken my evening constitutional through the centre of Pattaya of an evening, strolling past the bars with my walking cane I just think "look at all those great guys! It must hardly feel like being a prostitute for those lucky girls going 20 minutes in the sack with any of those handsome buggers".

Why the Thai police aren't particularly inclined to help them if they've been scammed, but would a Thai woman who's been scammed by a foreigner is just....just...LOGICAL?

Edited by KenKennedy

As you warned your SIL, how can you then offer your sympathy ?
Because people are fallible and even when they make stupid mistakes they are still deserved of one of the simplest of emotions of being human.

I've not seen much of that 'simplest of emotions' conveyed to any of the numerous gullible falangs, forced to return to their home country, penniless, because they threw their life savings, at a love that never existed.

Yes.

She is mentally deficient. I don't beliebve we should be laughing when people take advantage of people with low IQs.

What's nest, smiling when pervs have inter course with downs syndrome people?

She is not mentally deficient. She is running her own business and I assume she does quite well.

She is just vulnerable when it comes to love just like many "farang" that lost a fortune here. At least she got some justice.