True 4G pocket wifi

TommyUK1960

My land line internet was out from heavy rain and thunderstorms, So I decided to get True 4G Pocket Wifi.

Its absolutely amazing, Cost 1990 baht for the 4G Pocket wifi then 49 baht for sim card and 800+baht for 12Gig of high speed internet.

Got home, Logged on and first thing I did was a speed test, Showed an amazing 20+meg of down load speed

I live in the countryside and this is just so reliable.

Used it in the car around Pattaya and sometimes getting 50+meg of speed

Can run upto ten items.

The True rep said it works all over Thailand.

post-151210-0-84524100-1465204538_thumb.

Edited by TommyUK1960

I get considerably better value using AIS. I have an unlocked 4G MiFi. 854 baht for 12 GB is relatively poor value.

I see AIS do a 14GB package for 888 Baht. Not a huge difference then.

As for the speed test to Europe or the USA you are always going to get slowed down due to the gateway.

Not sure AIS have good coverage like TRUE

AIS don't work on wife's family farm in Seka

AIS do offer 14G for good price and if your in Bangkok or Pattaya is probably better

I was just shocked that back in the UK we don't have it this good for the price.

I get considerably better value using AIS. I have an unlocked 4G MiFi. 854 baht for 12 GB is relatively poor value.

Did I suggest that package??

Is there a better one. That's all I saw on the website with the maximum data. Prepaid

As for the speed test to Europe or the USA you are always going to get slowed down due to the gateway.

AIS do offer 14G for good price and if your in Bangkok or Pattaya is probably better

I was just shocked that back in the UK we don't have it this good for the price.

Actually, in your case we do.

854 baht is nearly £17.

Three does 15GB for £20 and you can also use that 15GB in eighteen other countries. Don't think that you have that option in Thailand. That's just a single example.

But AIS has a far more interesting range of Add-ons.

post-25153-0-70912700-1465217897_thumb.j

Is there a better one. That's all I saw on the website with the maximum data. Prepaid

Of course, that why I mentioned their add-ons. For a simple instance, you can choose their 24hr 3GB add-on costing 52.43 baht. So for 1573 baht, you can use up to 90 GB per month. There are many such options.

Of course, that why I mentioned their add-ons. For a simple instance, you can choose their 24hr 3GB add-on costing 52.43 baht. So for 1573 baht, you can use up to 90 GB per month. There are many such options.

Wow. I see. That could replace a wired connection.

854 baht is nearly £17.

Three does 15GB for £20 and you can also use that 15GB in eighteen other countries. Don't think that you have that option in Thailand. That's just a single example.

Just checked out THREE 3G & 4G coverage and so many parts of the UK have no coverage especially Wales and Scotland

Compared to there Asian companies that cover Thailand very well.

Both AIS and TRUE are very good.

The UK is a rip off. When I go there for a few weeks I get a package from Virgin Mobile that allows me to keep in touch. A measly 2GB for a one month pay as you go for £15.

The UK is a rip off. When I go there for a few weeks I get a package from Virgin Mobile that allows me to keep in touch. A measly 2GB for a one month pay as you go for £15.

Erm...no. It's because you chose the wrong package. You can easily do the same in Thailand in buying one of their Tourist packages.

You can buy a Three SIM with 1GB pre-installed for £4.

3GB pre-installed for £9.

EE SIM 6GB preinstalled for £15.

EE also give out 100GB per month(for two months) SIMs for free.

There are lots of offers around, for instance https://lifemobile.co.uk/ but of course you as a hapless to tourist to the UK are a bit clueless, so take the easy option. Just as many do when the reach Thailand and buy Tourist SIMs at the airport.

854 baht is nearly £17.

Just checked out THREE 3G & 4G coverage and so many parts of the UK have no coverage especially Wales and Scotland

Compared to there Asian companies that cover Thailand very well.

Both AIS and TRUE are very good.

Personally I use EE and have not experienced any issues with coverage. Wasn't it you who stated that AIS doesn't work at your wife's place and now you are suggesting that their coverage is better than UK coverage??

As to value, in the UK I get unlimited Internet on my phone for the equivalent of 165 baht per month. So, no ripoff there. We actually get excellent value for money in our country.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Erm...no. It's because you chose the wrong package. You can easily do the same in Thailand in buying one of their Tourist packages.

There are lots of offers around, for instance https://lifemobile.co.uk/ but of course you as a hapless to tourist to the UK are a bit clueless, so take the easy option. Just as many do when the reach Thailand and buy Tourist SIMs at the airport.

Oops I slipped up. It's 5GB for £15 which is okay. I have a rolling one month contract with Virgin which I can activate and deactivate as I please. That's important for me because I want to keep the same UK mobile number. No, I was comparing it with the 90GB you say you can get for 1500 Baht from AIS. Edited by trd

Where can you get a pocket wifi router.

Where are you based?

Phuket

So perhaps check out TRUE shops in your region, as 1990 baht is a ok price in Thailand for a 4G modem. It's actually relatively old and limited and that is likely why it is being discounted.

It is a ZTE MF90. You'll find varied guides on how to unlock it to all networks. You might even find someone in Thailand to do it for you for a couple of hundred baht.

Oops I slipped up. It's 5GB for £15 which is okay. I have a rolling one month contract with Virgin which I can activate and deactivate as I please. That's important for me because I want to keep the same UK mobile number. No, I was comparing it with the 90GB you say you can get for 1500 Baht from AIS.

If you get a hold on one of the free EE 100 GB SIMs, that would be a different story, They are all trying to outdo each other. it wasn't always thus with AIS. So enjoy it whilst it lasts.

If you get a hold on one of the free EE 100 GB SIMs, that would be a different story, They are all trying to outdo each other. it wasn't always thus with AIS. So enjoy it whilst it lasts.

I have looked on EE web site and can not find 100GB sim. What search do I need to find it as my sister is interested.

I have looked on EE web site and can not find 100GB sim. What search do I need to find it as my sister is interested.

None on offer at the moment. Of course your sister would be interested in 200 GB for free. :)

A previous example here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-ee-sim-for-10-get-100gb-data-for-2-months-2301962

Previous examples required no top up at all.

Where do you buy these 3 Sims from? Not listed on 3's website.

Where do you buy these 3 Sims from? Not listed on 3's website.

A bit more polite would be "From whence/where can you purchase/obtain these SIM?"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1GB-Pre-Loaded-Data-Pay-As-You-Go-Data-SIM-on-Three-Fits-any-iPad-Tablet-/152109019163

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-Standard-Micro-Nano-PAYG-Broadband-iPad-iPhone-Sim-3GB-Data-for-90-Days-/331139948476

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-PAYG-4G-Trio-Data-SIM-Pack-Preloaded-with-12GB-of-Data-Three-Sizes-/371598351562

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRELOADED-3GB-PAYG-4G-DATA-SIM-CARD-TRIO-MICRO-NANO-MOBILE-BROADBAND-IPAD-THREE-/282041437392

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/EE-4G-Standard-Micro-Nano-Sim-6GB-Data-Card-90-Days-Validity-for-Phones-Tablets/361506652913

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1586468.htm

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu