How many consecutive Single Entry Visas can i get?

I arrived in Thailand in June 2015. So far i made:

1.Double Entry visa in my home country(the one which i entered Thailand)

2.Single Entry in Cambodia(Phnom Penh)

3.Single Entry in Penang

4.And last Single Entry which is made 1 week ago in Cambodia(Phnom Penh)

When i went to make my last Single Entry visa a week ago(i went with arranged visa tour) the guy who is responsable for

making visa(guy who works with visa company through which i went) told me i can make 1 more visa after this one.

Is that true?So i guess that would be my 5th in total?

It seems the agent was talking about you getting one more in PP.

There is no overall limit on the number of tourist visas you can get. The only limit is what some embassies and consulates set on the number you can get from them,

You could probably go to Laos and get 3 more there.

• Like 2

It seems the agent was talking about you getting one more in PP.

There is no overall limit on the number of tourist visas you can get. The only limit is what some embassies and consulates set on the number you can get from them,

You could probably go to Laos and get 3 more there.

Do you know any visa company that makes visas in Laos instead in Cambodia(seems that most of visa companies are making visa in Cambodia now)?Please PM me if you know any .

Thank you

In theory you could get 6 more in Laos, 3 in Vientiane and 3 in Savanakhet (sp?)

Would be better to alternate between the 2 on each different trip

These Embassy's only count your history with them, not the history in your Passport

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am a UK citizen living in Ireland and will be applying in November to the Thai consulate Dublin for a single entry visa for a two month trip. How many times in one year can I apply for single entry tourist visa?.  I have a Thai girlfriend who lives in Chaiyaphum and will be going back and forth. Thinking of 2 months Thailand then back for 3 or the other way around maybe with an extension too, is there an immigration office in that area.  

41 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

Hi, I am a UK citizen living in Ireland and will be applying in November to the Thai consulate Dublin for a single entry visa for a two month trip. How many times in one year can I apply for single entry tourist visa?.  I have a Thai girlfriend who lives in Chaiyaphum and will be going back and forth. Thinking of 2 months Thailand then back for 3 or the other way around maybe with an extension too, is there an immigration office in that area.  

There is no overall limit. Some Embassies/Consulates, especially those in countries neighbouring Thailand, have limits (approx 3), but you shouldn't have that problem applying in Ireland/UK.

I believe Chaiyaphum is covered by Khon Kaen, but there was a report earlier in the year saying that immigrations were opening an office in Chaiyaphum. Not sure if thats happened/happening.

Edited by elviajero

Love fun...How many visa exempt entries have you previously entered on. The exempt will give you 30 and can extend by 30.

The setv gives 60 and again you can extend by 30. There is no limit on setv except that many consulates give max 3. You can mix and match.

My advice would be to try and be more fixed in length of stays and obtain best price tickets around that based on entering with setv or visa exempt. I did not suggest METV from home country as you mentioned being back home for few months.There are threads about being refused boarding by airlines without flight out. Yes that's a chance but you can instantly get online and buy the cheapest ticket to anywhere. I mean at the boarding gate. You will need credit card etc. As per your question about imm office in area....yes KK and perhaps one closer. As for needing to obtain next setv Vientiane is perhaps good option for you and straight forward office

Edited by jacksam

58 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

With 2-3 months back in home country between 2-3 month trips to Thailand, I believe you will be fine doing it indefinitely using tourist visas.

I come 3 times a year and usually do single entry visa and extend here if I need. The embassy in NY told me to do a METV Visa instead. He said that with 2 many single entry visas if not done in home country could affect me negatively when I enter the Kingdom. He said they have started to monitor visa run and single visas done in neighbor countries. It's a little bit more expensive with the METV compare to 3 single entry. The only thing that was strange was that he said that I could enter as much I want until the enter before date. I thought it was good for 6 month from date you enter and you can do a last enter days before that date to get a few extra months.

i got mine August 3/16 and enter before date is August2/17

Many thanks for your replies, they help me a lot. I had previously only had 2 visa exempt one in Dec last year and one this June.  I am weighing up the best options I have already booked a ticket for return to Ireland . Maybe next time I will book one for the extra 30 days extension and hope there would be no problem. I would just need a letter from my girlfriend saying I am residing with her there is that correct, plus passport photos , copies of visa and immigration stamp, yes?. Then choose an office nearby to where I am staying.