Bangkok Is Boring!

chrisjune

i arrived a couple days ago and haven't found anything fun to do here in bangkok...i went to Tesco Lotus and looked around and ate some food at the food court...i saw some people dancing and playing live music behind the Tesco Lotus at nighttime...got a haircut at a local spot for 40 baht...rode the skytrain...rode the motorcycle taxi...

haven't found anything else to do... :o

so what else is there to do over here for a 23 year old male? i live near sukhumvit 51...someone please help me!!!!!!!!!

:o

ok... i never been in chicago. :D

but in some world-capital-city's :D

and BANGKOK :D is the ONE place

ok... never been in a tesco/lotos in bangkok . :D

go to the next tuktuk give him 1,2or500 baht and say what you want to do

or say UP to him :D:D fun for shure :D

bangkok,M,23year - boring ??

:D what u do normaly ??

:D

i arrived a couple days ago and haven't found anything fun to do here in bangkok...i went to Tesco Lotus and looked around and ate some food at the food court...i saw some people dancing and playing live music behind the Tesco Lotus at nighttime...got a haircut at a local spot for 40 baht...rode the skytrain...rode the motorcycle taxi...

so what else is there to do over here for a 23 year old male? i live near sukhumvit 51...someone please help me!!!!!!!!!

The best you've managed so far is a supermarket!

Ha ha!! :D

Get back on the skytrain and get off at Nana...

:D

He's having a f*@king laugh!

Go to the Grand Palace, get a boat to the floating market for a look around, have a meal in Khaosan Road, get a taxi to Sukhumvit Soi 11 have a few drinks in Q Bar then on to a club in RCA. I'm sure after you have done that you will change your mind, you will also pick up some friends along the way. Sunday get up and go to Jatujak Market for a look around and help rebuild the demolished stalls!! :D

Visit the big temple

Take a boat ride along the river (opposite the temple)

Walk along the Sukhumvit in the evening, you could stop by Soi Nana or Soi Cowboy if you're into hookers

Get a taxi and tell him to drop you in Hollywood Ratchada Soi 4, alternatively you could tell him to drop you in RCA (Royal City Avenue), plenty of good discos and clubs out there

Plenty of things to do, just need to open your eyes

Personally, I think you're a troll, hope I'm wrong about it

Edited by alexth

Go to the Grand Palace........., get a boat to the floating market for a look around, have a meal in Khaosan Road, get a taxi to Sukhumvit Soi 11 have a few drinks in Q Bar then on to a club in RCA. I'm sure after you have done that you will change your mind, you will also pick up some friends along the way. Sunday get up and go to Jatujak Market for a look around and help rebuild the demolished stalls!! :D

............... only to be told that on the very day you decide to go, it is an official holiday or closed for some very special religious ceremony.

Since you are looking for some fun, ask the tuk-tuk driver waiting outside the palace to give you a freebie ride to one of those highly-profitable jewelry showrooms and buy a couple for yourself to make a neat 200-500% profit on sale in your home-country. :o

haven't found anything else to do... :D

why don't ya be a good samaritan and help one of the laddies sweeping the street?or go donate blood,or chase yor tail,,, or get hammered and wake up with a 6 ft lovely ala 5 oclock shadow..................yipes,,,,,, peace baby :D:D:o

haha i'm not a troll

i really can't find anything to do...i'm living with my mom for now so i just go where she goes, but id like to go off on my own soon and have some freakin fun!

ive been to bangkok in 2001 and did a lot of the stuff you guys mentioned...such as going on a boat ride on the river, visiting the temples, letting the tuk tuks take me around everywhere, etc...i havent been to any of the plazas or sqaures yet, maybe i should try those out in order to meet people my age...what do people my age do here in bangkok? go to bars and clubs? back in chicago, i usually just chilled out with my friends and played poker, pool, video games, basketball, etc. i also like to go camping and hiking...

oh yea, the 40 baht haircut was pretty nice...first i thought she was butchering my hair with the clippers, but she ended up doing a nice job...and she also shaved my face and cut my nose hair and gave me a shoulder massage...i think 40 baht was too cheap...

thanks for the all the replies so far!

by the way, is it worth checking out the zoo near the river?

Edited by krazyboi

I would NOT recommend telling a tuk-tuk driver about your problem. Before you know it you are involved in something illegal (I apologize to all honest tuk-tuk drivers).

Go hunting! Get a good camera and take a river taxi. Get off at your whim, steer towards the most desparate looking neighbourhood, sit in a coffee shop and watch.

Sit on a bench in a pagoda.

Take the train from Hua Lampong to Rangsit and look out of the window.

Follow a peddlar around.

But the biggest: go to Panthip!

Have fun!

i'd head over to Khao San Road, lots of people there your age. there is also RCA if you are into nightclubs and the like. you could probably find yourself a city guide from somewhere like thailandfriends website.

Edited by davidbkk

haha i'm not a troll

i really can't find anything to do...i'm living with my mom for now so i just go where she goes, but id like to go off on my own soon and have some freakin fun!

ive been to bangkok in 2001 and did a lot of the stuff you guys mentioned...such as going on a boat ride on the river, visiting the temples, letting the tuk tuks take me around everywhere, etc...i havent been to any of the plazas or sqaures yet, maybe i should try those out in order to meet people my age...what do people my age do here in bangkok? go to bars and clubs? back in chicago, i usually just chilled out with my friends and played poker, pool, video games, basketball, etc. i also like to go camping and hiking...

oh yea, the 40 baht haircut was pretty nice...first i thought she was butchering my hair with the clippers, but she ended up doing a nice job...and she also shaved my face and cut my nose hair and gave me a shoulder massage...i think 40 baht was too cheap...

thanks for the all the replies so far!

by the way, is it worth checking out the zoo near the river?

If you are staying for a long time learn to talk thai it will open a lot if doors for you. I personly find S.E.A so deferent to England that even after five years here i still find things that make go wow. As for poker its illegal to gamble video games get over to jappan and pick up a new psp3 its not to far basketeball esay join a health camping and hiking get up north thailand. You are 24 now no need to stay in bangkok holding you mums hand S.E.A has many great sites to see ever heard of Angkor Wat thats only a day away the death railway one and a half hour out side of bangkok. I would say get out there and explore you will meet friends on the way

Bored in Bangkok? Infinitely more exciting than Shit-cago. You should try staying in an Isaan village for a week or two. Bangkok is amazing, and I'm not talking about hookers. The restaurants and nice nightclubs, shopping, semi-touristy stuff. There are so many things to do in Bangkok, I think you're just uninformed.

Edited by papaya9