Two more Ukrainians arrested for ATM fraud

webfact

Two more Ukrainians arrested for ATM fraud

s2s.jpg
Image: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok police arrested two men using fake ATM cards in the Rom Klao area.

The men are believed to be part of a larger gang operating as part of a skimmer gang in the city reported tnamcot.

Arrested were Alexander Lupek, 27, and Vitaly Schwechewski, 19, along with 39 fake ATM cards and a phone. Police were acting on a tip from an ATM association that is affiliated to 20 major banks. The association said that fake cards had been used 22 times in the Rom Klao area at an ATM at a convenience store.

Police mounted surveillance and managed to arrest the two men. They gave evidence that they were invited to come to Thailand by other Ukrainians to "work". They were hired to collect money from the ATM then pass it onto the gang.
They said they arrived with two other men.

Skimmer gangs get the details of genuine ATM cards then copy the information onto fake cards to extract money from machines. Police said that in this case most of the victims are residing in Lampang province.

The men were charged with using fake cards to steal money. Other arrests are expected as the enquiry widens.

Source: tnamcot

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-09

I remember a similar case years ago where a UK father and son had done some shady stuff with a ATM and they where sentenced to 50 years in prison. Some years later i was reading an article in thaiprisonlife website that said the kid had been released and returned to UK. The kid himself had commented in the comments section of the article and i remember him being a really nasty brat.

Where there is an vulnerability there will always be stupid people to exploit it.

Edited by Sean87s

Talking about ATM scams.Does any one remember the mob that made an exact copy of a building society's ATM.They rented and office and put the ATM in the wall outside.People paid in loads of money.Those who wanted to withdraw were given a screen notice that the ATM was out of order and could only accept deposits.They even had a girl working in the office doing absolutely FA but gashing a computer al day. They kept it up for about a week then they all disappeared..,

Brilliant.But i cant remember if they got caught.

Does anyone remember it,it was in the UK about 20 years ago.