Father who let his kindergarten child stand up on motorbike fined 400 baht

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding? This is normal here, I see this every day. Was there a helmet on either rider?

What has it to do with the same schools reputation?

Me too. I spotted what was probably a record yesterday while driving home. The lad riding the motorsy was no more than 8 years old. No helmet, no license, no skills, no clue, no worries.

It's hard not to laugh at the police sometimes, I do try not to, but it's getting a lot harder since Kim came and put Thailand to rights.

God bless Kim and all who sail in him.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

The contrite father, named only as "Num" (young man) even though he is 35, was called in to explain himself by director Songsri Nakthapthim of the Chumchon Maitri Uthit school in Kanchanapisek Road where his daughter "Apple" attends kindergarten one classes.

"his daughter named "Apple", even though she is a girl...

Apple is a girls name, what is the point of your post?

Is this actually a news story. This behaviour is going on a million times a day in Thailand. I suppose the story is that someone got fined.

The answer.... Yes... It's Definitely a news story.

Why?

Because they simply don't know... Make it a story... Milk it like a camel (better chocolate)... .. Make "them" know

Perhaps then... Very slowly... You may see a change

But I doubt it!

It helps gives Thai kids confidence and fearlessness. Western kids are frightened panty waists wrapped in cotton wool. The kid was enjoying it. Good on the father I say.

Mmmm.... Right.... Wait.... A buried memory

Fear and flight are survival instincts.... Therefore, fear needs encouraging... Especially fear of high speed road accidents ( or any speed road accidents, for that matter)

Why?

There I was, Seeing my disfigured daughter, wondering what she may have looked like, without the bitumen scar ( fictional comment)

remove fear... Remove caution.... Remove survival instinct.... which in Thailand, when talking of traffic issue, is a death sentence, waiting to happen... Not such a bright idea to my way of thinking

The crime here is the small fine.... And teaching ones offspring that this is acceptable behavior.

The contrite father, named only as "Num" (young man) even though he is 35, was called in to explain himself by director Songsri Nakthapthim of the Chumchon Maitri Uthit school in Kanchanapisek Road where his daughter "Apple" attends kindergarten one classes.

I met a female named Apple at a Pattaya GoGo bar..

Are you sure, I heard there were lots of ladyboys there thesedays

yeh 400 bht, that will learn him

More than a days pay for many Thais..

Unlike farangs, that many make about 400 baht or about $12 or more an hour..

A-holes like you don't know shit..

Are you sure, I heard there were lots of ladyboys there thesedays

You only hear, what you want to hear..

If you're looking for a ladyboy, I'm sure you can find one in Thailand..

Since when have the Police expressed concerns to motorcycle passengers not wearing safety helmets.

I always cringe when I see new born babies on motorbikes, sometimes held in one arm by the the driver whilst steering and braking with the other hand.

Infact make it law no children under 12 allowed pillion on motorcycles. I know it wouldn't happen!

Last week, I was sitting in a service station at the side of the 12 Highway just outside Khon Kaen, a motorbike ridden by a small boy I would say

was about ten years old, arrived with another boy I would say was about five years old.

He went into the 7-11 then straight back and onto the bike, went on to the Highway, up the wrong side of the road, no. not the hard shoulder, but

the outside lane riding into oncoming traffic, I could not see further ahead, but the boy was obviously going to cross the centre reservation at some point

heading back in the direction of Khon Kaen.

Their parents must have sent him a message riding on the motorbike. I was going to say I could not believe it, but hey, This is Thailand. No, they were not wearing helmets.

Really?

Just last week?

Must have been a traumatic for you to see?

Did you just arrive in Thailand last week?

You better fly home immediately!

Can't have you stressing like that again..

A daily sight, what's the big deal?

Really...

Plus,

Sitting or standing...

Does it make that much of a difference getting crushed by a truck?

Who knows? Might be safer, standings on a motorbike for a child..

Any fact checkers on this data?

Kids standing or sitting on a motorbike?

With or without a helmet?

Last week, I was sitting in a service station at the side of the 12 Highway just outside Khon Kaen, a motorbike ridden by a small boy I would say

was about ten years old, arrived with another boy I would say was about five years old.

He went into the 7-11 then straight back and onto the bike, went on to the Highway, up the wrong side of the road, no. not the hard shoulder, but

the outside lane riding into oncoming traffic, I could not see further ahead, but the boy was obviously going to cross the centre reservation at some point

Their parents must have sent him a message riding on the motorbike. I was going to say I could not believe it, but hey, This is Thailand. No, they were not wearing helmets.

Really?

Just last week?

It is surprising how quickly you become habituated to it though...

I was a bit slow on the uptake, it took me about 2 years to become apathetic. Now I figure that if the parents don't care and the wives don't care and the families don't care how quickly they kill themselves off, then why would I give a sh|t?

Sooner or later, Thais will learn from other countries instead of thinking they lead the world. Then I suppose the prices will go up, but hey, I reckon we've all got about another 25 years before that happens so I'm not really bothered.

I confess to feeling a little upset when another 14-year-old kid in our village gets creamed because he's (or she's) riding like an idiot and not wearing a crash hat, but then I go up to the wat and remember that Mum and Dad, in their grief, are praying so they get better luck, and if possible some more money. Then all sympathy goes the way of my morning coffee, and I go home to where life is more reasonable. Life holds few learnable lessons for these people.

Hard to escape the reality that this culture has not been developed by the Thais who live in it, it's been foisted upon them by those they are told to worship, and they don't have to live in it. Do as I say, not as I do is the mantra.

Stupid, but hey, they'll learn. Eventually..

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Really?

Just last week?

Who are you? Have you just fallen off your barstool? You would need to be drunk to write a post like this.

Never mind, I'm sure some nice person will help you back up.

I live near (300m) from my local hospital and the parents driving there on a scooter with 4 kids - including little baby - no helmets for anyone in the driving rain - no umbrella - usually on the uturn to the hospital have seen seen 4 families wiped out - as far as I know no one killed - if they just enforced the laws existing

Really?

Just last week?

It is surprising how quickly you become habituated to it though...

I was a bit slow on the uptake, it took me about 2 years to become apathetic. Now I figure that if the parents don't care and the wives don't care and the families don't care how quickly they kill themselves off, then why would I give a sh|t?

Sooner or later, Thais will learn from other countries instead of thinking they lead the world. Then I suppose the prices will go up, but hey, I reckon we've all got about another 25 years before that happens so I'm not really bothered.

I confess to feeling a little upset when another 14-year-old kid in our village gets creamed because he's (or she's) riding like an idiot and not wearing a crash hat, but then I go up to the wat and remember that Mum and Dad, in their grief, are praying so they get better luck, and if possible some more money. Then all sympathy goes the way of my morning coffee, and I go home to where life is more reasonable. Life holds few learnable lessons for these people.

Hard to escape the reality that this culture has not been developed by the Thais who live in it, it's been foisted upon them by those they are told to worship, and they don't have to live in it. Do as I say, not as I do is the mantra.

Stupid, but hey, they'll learn. Eventually..

Winnie

I think when someone in their family gets crushed by a car or truck......they just see it as bad luck, even though they never looked before pulling onto a busy road. It's stupefying, and really unbelievable.

The one that sends me into apoplexy and gives me murderous thoughts, and which I've seen several times lately, is the dad (presumably) riding his motorbike with one hand, while in the other he has tucked his infant child. There's a vid clip of such an incident and the slimeball scum of a father runs into the back of a car - fortunately he was only going at walking speed, but he had to step smartly off his bike to avoid dropping his tot. Don't know where to find that one.

I see this daily, it's normal Thai behaviour. You must remmember even though we view this with disbelief this is not our country and they make the rules, I pick up my niece from school every day at five pm see this plus twelve eleven ten year olds pulling out on motor bikes hauling three of there mates police stopping the traffic to allow them access to the main drag,no insurance , no license, no helmets, my belief is the cops allow this because their kids do it too , it's just part of the lawless society we live in.

If the police fined everybody who did this in just one day they would make millions.

He was also warned about not having his daughter wear a crash helmet.

And why was he not fined for this as well. Pretty sure the police could have made a few thousand out of him if they'd bothered to get off their lazy <deleted> and do their job and write out the tickets.