Jetski driver with a heart of gold does his bit for Thailand

rooster59

Jetski driver with a heart of gold does his bit for Thailand

post-247607-0-72748000-1465602352_thumb.

Image: Daily News

KOH SAMUI: A Samui jetski operator did his bit for the good of humanity....and the Thai tourism industry on Friday.

Riding around the Mae Nam area on his motorcycle he happened to see a wallet in the road. It contained dollars and baht to the tune of 16,000 baht along with a driving licence and credit card and clearly belonged to a tourist.

Nikhom Phimthep, 35, took it straight to Mae Nam police who managed to locate the very happy owner - a Kazakhstan tourist called Alisodar Sino, 31.

It was all broad grins as owner and valuables were reunited - yet another happy tourist in the Land of Smiles.

As Nikhom said: "It is not nice to lose stuff. If I ever did I hope someone would hand it in too."

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-11

Since when did handing in a wallet , a simple act that any decent citizen should perform, give you a 'heart of gold'. Pictures in the newspaper, like he is regular hero. Whatever happened to modesty and humility?

Strange how these stories seem to appear shortly after some tourism disaster such as a speed boat crash. Don't worry tourists everything is safe here look you can even leave your loaded wallet lying around and our loveable jet ski operators will return it!!

Amazing! Just two replies to this positive story, both derogatory.

Yet we see ten to 100 times as many replies to most of the bad stories that appear on Thai Visa.

It really says a lot about the membership. coffee1.gif

Have you seriously failed to notice the pattern of spin that occurs monthly or after the latest multi-victim accident(s)?

Phuket and Krabi can expect theirs in the next few days...

Expect perhaps in Japan, your chance of getting back a lost wallet is very very small in most countries. This unfortunate trend started roughly after WWII. So to answer your question: modesty and humility generally disappeared in the 1950.

Since when did handing in a wallet , a simple act that any decent citizen should perform, give you a 'heart of gold'. Pictures in the newspaper, like he is regular hero. Whatever happened to modesty and humility?

If I had found it I hope that I would hand it in money intact and not extract a "reward". Money is always tempting. This thai bloke did a very good thing and you scoof at him.

.Amazing! Just two replies to this positive story, both derogatory.

Yet we see ten to 100 times as many replies to most of the bad stories that appear on Thai Visa.

- yet another happy tourist in the Land of Smiles , yes its a good jesture but it does not out out weigh the many terrible ones that happen the land of smiles DOES IT !!

.Amazing! Just two replies to this positive story, both derogatory.

- yet another happy tourist in the Land of Smiles , yes its a good jesture but it does not out out weigh the many terrible ones that happen the land of smiles DOES IT !! and what's this yet bit ? is this why there so many tourists here at present the place is devoid of tourists but TAT will say different

Exactly why this is my last post. I have already un-subscribed. I found these bitter people were starting to make me the same. Bye to the good folks and wallow in your bad feelings to the miserable swines on here

Uniteing owner with their property should be normal and unnewsworthy. What objectors find unacceptable is the stage managed photo(s) and text catapulting the owners personal details and circumstances into the public domain with very little thought as to any detrimental consequences such action might cause.

If anyone were to try that without appropriate consent anywhere else they could quite easily be sued.

HTH

Disclaimer: I have no idea if consent was obtained on this occasion.

Strange how these stories seem to appear shortly after some tourism disaster such as a speed boat crash. Don't worry tourists everything is safe here look you can even leave your loaded wallet lying around and our loveable jet ski operators will return it!!

Maybe a thief was a part of this "heart of gold" story...whistling.gif

Uniteing owner with their property should be normal and unnewsworthy. What objectors find unacceptable is the stage managed photo(s) and text catapulting the owners personal details and circumstances into the public domain with very little thought as to any detrimental consequences such action might cause.

If anyone were to try that without appropriate consent anywhere else they could quite easily be sued.

HTH

Disclaimer: I have no idea if consent was obtained on this occasion but somehow I doubt it. If residents ever lose theirs let's hope they're only in Tescos! :) .

Finished editing

Exactly why this is my last post. I have already un-subscribed. I found these bitter people were starting to make me the same. Bye to the good folks and wallow in your bad feelings to the miserable swines on here

Goodbye Calloway. I have similar amount of posts and will be following you shortly. The peanut gallery Thai bashing here even when a story is positive is relentless.

The way many of the headlines are worded just encourages it. You would think they would try to post stories that are educational to new expats, but if you read thaivisa before coming you would never come here.

The Thai bashers I know personally in Pattya all have similar traits.

1. No male Thai friends.

2. No one ever comes to visit them from their home countries ( no real friends back home either)

3. Wives/gf from the entertainment industry ( again not real)

4 poor or non existant Thai language which results in them relying on their rented gf for everything.

5. Poor personal hygiene, smell like turtle sh.t.

6. Complain about everything and hate positive people.

They hate the world and the world doesn't really care for them. If I am in the mood I take pleasure winding them up, other times I feel like you.

Ps I always liked your photo, but was wary of liking it too much in case it was a ladyboy.

Enjoy Thailand, heaven on earth. If you can't be happy here with these wonderful people, you won't be happy anywhere.

Having offered local insight for the benefit of the odd outsider chipping in to this thread I am not too surprised at the number of Teddy's exiting prams and as usual wish I hadn't bothered.

I hope life in the real world matches the saintly existence painted online.

Sadly the Samui News section seems to attract more than its fair share of losers posting here, who have nothing positive to say about anything, or they just make up stories of stuff they no absolutely nothing about. facepalm.gifsad.png

I had a taxi driver approach me in Chaweng once and hand me back my phone which I had dropped in the back of his cab.

Needless to say I was delighted! clap2.gif

Happy to read this story.

Fogot lately my wallet at the car repair shop after paying. Already in the car, I saw the cashier girl running after me, waving with my wallet in her hands. Nice move, nice girl. Will use this shop again.

The man that handed in the wallet didn't publicise it, neither did he describe himself as having a heart of gold nor refer to himself as regular hero.

Are they sure the owner of the wallet is Kazak as it certainly does not sound it? I was in Kazakhstan for several years and never heard anyone with the kind of name this guy has.

Congratulations to the Thai who returned it, he has restored some faith in humanity

Excellent. You even found a way to bash to good stories. Well done.

• 4 weeks later...

Ironically followed by a third post of a negative nature.

All he is missing is his Superman suit and he is ready to save the world.

The term Land of Smiles is such an oxymoron

I tend not to believe these so called glory stories that involve jet ski operators or taxi drivers

Archived