Football fans in fresh clashes with police in Marseille

rooster59

Football fans in fresh clashes with police in Marseille

post-247607-0-27876000-1465629198_thumb.

Violence has flared in the French city of Marseille for a second day.

Football fans, the majority of them England supporters, clashed with riot police around the city’s old port.

Several vollies of tear gas were fired to disperse the fans, many of whom appeared to be drinking heavily.

The latest disturbances saw several arrests. Russian and French supporters also reportedly joined in the brawl.

The fresh clashes in the Southern French city follow Thursday night’s unrest which saw one English supporter and a local man detained.

The violence comes ahead of England’s group B match with Russia in Marseille on Saturday evening.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-11

Wot is it with the British lately? Crimes committed by them here in Thailand an now we got drunken louts in France making a fool of themselves. Lock them up during Euro Finals. Ban them for life attending games back home.

I'm also a football supporter but am ashamed to be English. ???

Edited by Sooo Upto Me

Its called the Welfare State, bet they are alll on it.

I don't think you'll find that the majority of England hooligans will be claiming benefits.

Exactly, BAC in the 90s I knew of so called supporters who held good City of London careers mainly in the financial sector who would go to these games just to cause trouble. Most of it woz organised by one guy.

Edited by Sooo Upto Me

Wot is it with the British lately? Crimes committed by them here in Thailand an now we got drunken louts in France making a fool of themselves. Lock them up during Euro Finals. Ban them for life attending games back home.

Perhaps it is

The school system

Christianity

Useless parents

A total lack of responsibility for actions

English food

Narcissism and too much social media

A ingrained sense that they are superior to other countries

Drugs and alcohol

A police force that hands out 500 pound slap on the wrist fines for violent crimes instead of jail

A low IQ

Low life absent fathers

No common sense

Mothers who spoil their sons and never say no

Selfishness

Will this be the final nail in the London tourist coffin?

Only two arrests so far?

The world is watching.

Perhaps it is

The school system

Christianity

Useless parents

English food

Drugs and alcohol

A police force that hands out 500 pound slap on the wrist fines for violent crimes instead of jail

A low IQ

Low life absent fathers

No common sense

Selfishness

Only two arrests so far?

The world is watching.

English food ? !!!! That,s a bit below the belt, innit ? No finer food exists than a jellied eel and tripe sandwich !

Perhaps it is

The school system

Christianity

Useless parents

English food

Drugs and alcohol

A low IQ

Low life absent fathers

No common sense

Selfishness

Only two arrests so far?

The world is watching.

English food ? !!!! That,s a bit below the belt, innit ? No finer food exists than a jellied eel and tripe sandwich !

That sandwich sounds bloody terrible. The sort of thing I would only eat if I lost a bet.

But if you like it, then good for you.

Wot is it with the British lately?

British?

I've not seen any reports of trouble being caused by Welsh or Northern Irish supporters; only English!

Unfortunately, that always seems to be the case.

These scum have for many years followed England around and caused trouble; and as said above most, if not all, of them are working and not on benefits.

Some blame it on excessive alcohol.

Rugby fans drink a lot, too; no trouble.

Cricket fans spend all day drinking at the game; no trouble.

But while these scum may get tanked up first, probably for the Dutch courage, they go to matches in England and tournaments abroad not for the football, but for to cause trouble; they are not football supporters nor fans. They are beneath contempt.

BTW, I'm English and usually proud to be so; but these scum make me ashamed.

British?

I've not seen any reports of trouble being caused by Welsh or Northern Irish supporters; only English!

These scum have for many years followed England around and caused trouble; and as said above most, if not all, of them are working and not on benefits.

But while these scum may get tanked up first, probably for the Dutch courage, they go to matches in England and tournaments abroad not for the football, but for to cause trouble; they are not football supporters nor fans. They are beneath contempt.

Lets not forget the scots, local police officers were heard to say, it's as if they're not there.

Perhaps it is

The school system

Christianity

Useless parents

English food

Drugs and alcohol

A low IQ

Low life absent fathers

No common sense

Selfishness

Only two arrests so far?

The world is watching.

English food ? !!!! That,s a bit below the belt, innit ? No finer food exists than a jellied eel and tripe sandwich !sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Perhaps it is

The school system

Christianity

Useless parents

English food

Drugs and alcohol

A low IQ

Low life absent fathers

No common sense

Selfishness

Only two arrests so far?

The world is watching.

.....and spotted dick with Bovril.

Russian and French were also involved.

Brings back fond memories.

I used to attend the occasional rumble and don't even follow football.

British?

Don't worry it's really Scottish supporters still on their way back from Mexico. ☺

British?

Don't worry it's really Scottish supporters still on their way back from Mexico. ☺

I think Scotland's old breed of international hooligan is getting a bit long in the tooth; our current lot have never needed to bother getting a passport...

British?

I think Scotland's old breed of international hooligan is getting a bit long in the tooth; our current lot have never needed to bother getting a passport...

Was Mexico 74 or 86 the last time they got on a plane, I can't remember, maybe because it's too embarrasing to do so.?

British?

It seems the Northern Irish are involved as well now. Apparently provoked, but there was trouble with them in Nice.

yes has also been trouble in Nice with Local hooligans and NI fans, not defending any hooligans from what ever country they are from as they are not true football fans but have not heard anyone say a thing about how the Russian hooligans were just allowed to totally mass attack the english section at end of last nights game (oh and was not hooligans getting attack but families with children also) but I supose that does not fit in with the English cause all the trouble BS

Seems the French have been that worried about terrorist threat they have not made much provision for the football hooligan element, thing about Brits is they do tend to fight back when someone starts having a go while others run...

Instead of good crowd managment and safe policing the french seem to resort to trhe water cannon and tear gas at first opportunity