Suan Kularb students: "Sir" had sex with a 17 year old, and we can prove it

rooster59

If they have evidence then prove it.

They just produced some evidence, that was what the article was about, now they have given him another chance to admit his guilt or they will release more, what are you not understanding? Do you not think that some of the students may want to keep their names/ faces out of this if they can avoid it?

Bluespunk's defending of this bloke is worrisome to me.

How much evidence do you need?

He is basically saying that the students have made it up. Photographic evidence was the reason he was originally exposed.

Refusing to believe kids who have been attacked by kiddy fiddlers in the past is why so many these rapists got away with it for so many years.

I am of the belief Bluespunk is a troll or worse. Over 10,000 posts and the of the ones I have read, they are always argumentative or somewhat "controversial"

Witness statements and photographic evidence of students being sodomised. That is enough evidence in my book.

This teacher is off.

Don't try to tell others what I am saying.

I am not defending anyone. I have not defended this man. I have expressed the opinion that this is a matter that needs to be dealt with by the authorities, not social media.

I am astonished that I need to explain this so explicitly to anyone.

roomuck: "I am of the belief Bluespunk is a troll or worse. Over 10,000 posts and the of the ones I have read, they are always argumentative or somewhat "controversial"

Suggest you check again, Bluespunks posts are nothing at all like this.

By the way, what do you mean by 'worse'?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just produced some evidence, that was what the article was about, now they have given him another chance to admit his guilt or they will release more, what are you not understanding? Do you not think that some of the students may want to keep their names/ faces out of this if they can avoid it?

He is basically saying that the students have made it up. Photographic evidence was the reason he was originally exposed.

Refusing to believe kids who have been attacked by kiddy fiddlers in the past is why so many these rapists got away with it for so many years.

I am of the belief Bluespunk is a troll or worse. Over 10,000 posts and the of the ones I have read, they are always argumentative or somewhat "controversial"

Witness statements and photographic evidence of students being sodomised. That is enough evidence in my book.

This teacher is off.

I am not defending anyone. I have not defended this man. I have expressed the opinion that this is a matter that needs to be dealt with by the authorities, not social media.

roomuck: "I am of the belief Bluespunk is a troll or worse. Over 10,000 posts and the of the ones I have read, they are always argumentative or somewhat "controversial"

As much as I would like to respond, I am forbidden to under forum rules 7and 9.

This teacher is off.

As much as I would like to respond, I am forbidden to under forum rules 7and 9.

What rubbish.

The lightweight comment that " ... Sarot faces being sacked" amidst students' slamming certain school staff of "protecting this teacher" is revelatory.

Of course, such offenders must be sacked. Cut the corruption !!!

Also exposed are apparent double standards. Any foreign teacher would've been immediately sacked and probably even before having had an accusation verified. There are numerous accounts of that happening for even over petty issues surrounding only inadvertently 'stepping on toes' of school administration, a pandering teacher agency, or parents with an agenda. sad.png

The issue, for the students, is not the shirt lifting but the curtain of lies... they are just asking the guy/school to tell the truth. To the students, the lies and falsehoods are more appalling than the [consensual] sex acts...

The purity and innocence of youth.... the sex acts are less "offensive" than their photo/video contacts on Tumblr and Twitter....

There is no such thing as a consensual sex act with a person below the age of consent, it is called Statutory Rape. When the older party is an authority figure, as in this case, the crime is considered more heinous.

Thailand is morally bankrupt; on one hand it is considered perfectly acceptable for a 17 year old girl to marry a retired policeman more than four times her age, yet it is considered a heinous crime if a 17 year old arranges to meet for consensual sex (that is considered, by law, to be statutory rape). What a sad set of double standards. Sad situation. Sad country. :-(

p.s. I'm not condoning either. Far from it.

"Sarot was arrested on Friday and charged with uploading indecent material. He has been detained and could face up to five years in jail."

However, this being Thailand, he will probably be transferred to an inactive position so that his family doesn't lose face. Don't be surprised if most of the anger is taken out on the students for embarrassing both a 'respected' teacher and the honorable school.

You might be right, however consider this. The young people associated with pushing this forward do not seem to share the same ridiculous ideology of the parents and faculty.

To me that's a good thing because the sooner this country gets rid of this ridiculous, outdated "face" phenomenon the better.

If the next generation are dropping it then that's a good thing, if the current generation won't change this outdated and, in my opinion harmful cultural trait then we can hope it will die out over time. I think it is the route of the countries problems, it hampers justice, progression, stamping out crime and corruption and prevents people in power from taking ownership of their mistakes.

If the accusations are true I hope this guy loses his job and gets banged up for a while. He has no place working in a school and being around young people all day.

Hats off to the kids, I hope the adults do the right thing and support them.

For gawd's sake, if Thailand must try to imitate British public schools, don't copy their worst traits.

Have you any experience of British public schools ?

The possibility of a teacher having sex with a pupil - absolute zero.

What utter nonsense.

A quick google reveals; Michael Densham, Keith Cavendish Coulson, Bruce Roth, Father Aidan Duggan, Father Chrysostom Alexander, all prolific pedos who committed their crimes within British public schools and top private schools.

I am ashamed to say it does happen in Britian, but it is a rarity. The reason why you know about them is because the public are appalled by the behaviour and it is not tolerated., that is not what is happening here. It seems that the "kids" are pushing for justice whereby the adults are trying to brush it under the carpet!

The British education system is still one the finest in the World housing some of the Worlds best Universities with millions of students travelling from all over the World to attend despite the scandalous behaviour of a few.

Everyone has the right to anonymity, even the accused if no charges have yet been proved.

Charges are by definition unproven, the word is synonymous with accusation.

In your little idea, no court case could be public, no witnesses would know to come forward unless they were luckily found at the time and no other victims would ever come forward before or during the trial, your idea would seriously hamper getting a conviction of a guilty person.

I guess you have never heard the quote, "a long line of cases shows that it is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done", which is considered to be a fundamental of the judicial process. Without public cases, there will be corruption, interference from the police and the courts, and there will be no justice.

Funny how people only seem to want anonymity for pedos.

Bluespunk is absolutely correct and you are wrong on just about every single level.

Firslty, nobody condones teachers who behave in this way, just incase you misunderstand my next point.

Can you imagine if someone in this position was wrongfully accused of these crime? And in your little world this person should have their names dragged through the press and social media before and charges have been made or he has been prosecuted?

Social media and the press are NOT the law. This is a place for discussion and debate, it is the not the place to decide a person fate after being committed of a crime. The system and process of law must prevail and without consideration of the public flogging the accused gets on sites like this.

The issue, for the students, is not the shirt lifting but the curtain of lies... they are just asking the guy/school to tell the truth. To the students, the lies and falsehoods are more appalling than the [consensual] sex acts...

The purity and innocence of youth.... the sex acts are less "offensive" than their photo/video contacts on Tumblr and Twitter....

There is no such thing as a consensual sex act with a person below the age of consent, it is called Statutory Rape. When the older party is an authority figure, as in this case, the crime is considered more heinous.

Thailand is morally bankrupt; on one hand it is considered perfectly acceptable for a 17 year old girl to marry a retired policeman more than four times her age, yet it is considered a heinous crime if a 17 year old arranges to meet for consensual sex (that is considered, by law, to be statutory rape). What a sad set of double standards. Sad situation. Sad country. :-(

So how many other countries are morally bankrupt, because the same laws would apply in many? You might also consider that the 17yo girl has her parent's permission to marry, and that there is no suggestion that her husband-to-be is in a position to exert undue influence over her decision. Do either of those conditions apply to the current situation?

yeah, but apart from those ones, what other proof have you got? wai2.gif

Edited by johnno2

Everyone has the right to anonymity, even the accused if no charges have yet been proved.

In your little idea, no court case could be public, no witnesses would know to come forward unless they were luckily found at the time and no other victims would ever come forward before or during the trial, your idea would seriously hamper getting a conviction of a guilty person.

I guess you have never heard the quote, "a long line of cases shows that it is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done", which is considered to be a fundamental of the judicial process. Without public cases, there will be corruption, interference from the police and the courts, and there will be no justice.

Bluespunk is absolutely correct and you are wrong on just about every single level.

Firslty, nobody condones teachers who behave in this way, just incase you misunderstand my next point.

Can you imagine if someone in this position was wrongfully accused of these crime? And in your little world this person should have their names dragged through the press and social media before and charges have been made or he has been prosecuted?

Social media and the press are NOT the law. This is a place for discussion and debate, it is the not the place to decide a person fate after being committed of a crime. The system and process of law must prevail and without consideration of the public flogging the accused gets on sites like this.

Perhaps also add: multiple photos with the RTP is also not proof of guilt in any case, but it happens again and again, and it's actually illegal under the innocent until proven guilt aspect of Thai law (as in most countries in the world).

Also, the Thai media know it's totally illegal but continue to do it, so much for media reform.

So how many other countries are morally bankrupt, because the same laws would apply in many? You might also consider that the 17yo girl has her parent's permission to marry, and that there is no suggestion that her husband-to-be is in a position to exert undue influence over her decision. Do either of those conditions apply to the current situation?

1. This is a Thai forum. 2. Maybe, but not in the UK. 3. The parent's permission makes that situation even more sickening. 4. You don't think a retired policeman is considered an authority figure who can exert influence?

For gawd's sake, if Thailand must try to imitate British public schools, don't copy their worst traits.

Have you any experience of British public schools ?

The possibility of a teacher having sex with a pupil - absolute zero.

Wow Pete,

Agree with your sentiment, but your post should go down as the most optimistic one of the century!

1. This is a Thai forum. 2. Maybe, but not in the UK. 3. The parent's permission makes that situation even more sickening. 4. You don't think a retired policeman is considered an authority figure who can exert influence?

1/ morally bankrupt is a relative term - it invites comparison.

2/ This is a Thai forum, but only when it suits you?

3/ If you are sick, take a pill. it makes it legal.

4/ none suggested or proven, and certainly not to the extent a teacher has over a pupil.

I know a school where the head of the language dept does the same, but since he has strong background no one can point it out. Now some classes have strange guys only .... normal in Thailand ....

The cultural concept of face, and the fear of losing face, effectively disables a person for life.

I agree wholeheartedly. It diminishes a man or woman to miniature status. It is evidence of thin skin, and self doubt.

It is single handedly the greatest form of cowardice a person can engage in. It is the polar opposite of everything Buddhism is about. It is the refusal to look within for the source of the problem, or to introspect on any level, which is the bedrock of any spiritual practice, and also the only way a man or woman can truly get to know thyself. How are you going to change, develop, mature, and improve as an individual, if you refuse to look within, and are more scared than a little kitten, to look bad to others? Pathetic, weak, anemic, churlish, and childish.

Who cares what others think? If one has a good sense of self, and feels good about who they are, it matters little what others think. One day, it is my guess that the people of Asia will figure this out. But, it could take awhile. In the meantime, they remain stuck in the mud of self doubt, and remain obsessed with "appearances".

Not to sound offensive, or to make light of this situation, but I always thought the legal age of consent in Thailand, where it concerns Thai on Thai was 15 years old? I realize

it is 18, when it comes to selling one's body, but an argument could be made that this was about the same as taking a woman out to dinner in the US.

Sorry to be insensitive, but most girls of the age of 17 are very active sexually. So, if she wants to trade her body for a good grade, what is the harm here?

I realize the PC crew will jump all over me for even suggesting this. But, to me it appears to be some sort of witch hunt.

Not to sound offensive, or to make light of this situation, but I always thought the legal age of consent in Thailand, where it concerns Thai on Thai was 15 years old? I realize

it is 18, when it comes to selling one's body, but an argument could be made that this was about the same as taking a woman out to dinner in the US.

Sorry to be insensitive, but most girls of the age of 17 are very active sexually. So, if she wants to trade her body for a good grade, what is the harm here?

I realize the PC crew will jump all over me for even suggesting this. But, to me it appears to be some sort of witch hunt.

Selling your body for grades?

You don't see why that is wrong?

Wow.

Wow.

Not really. No. What is the difference between selling your body for grades, and selling your body for cash? What is the difference between selling your body for grades, and having casual sex with your classmates?

Granted, many have called me morally bankrupt in the past, when it comes to sex, so this could be a good example of that!

I realize how offensive it might be, if this was your daughter, or cousin. But, she is of legal age of consent in Thailand. And it is her body. And the whole age thing is not a really big deal here. So, please explain the fine nuances of this situation to me, and why it is "wrong".

Edited by spidermike007

Wow.

Not really. No. What is the difference between selling your body for grades, and selling your body for cash? What is the difference between selling your body for grades, and having casual sex with your classmates?

Granted, many have called me morally bankrupt in the past, when it comes to sex, so this could be a good example of that!

Well apart from exploitation by those in power to demand sex in return for grades/promotion/whatever there are a number of things wrong with your ''thinking''

1: Grades are an indication of understanding of a subject and should be earned by showing understanding of the subject.

2: Teachers should not abuse their positions of authority and trade sex for allowing students to pass a subject they do not understand.

3: There is a vast ocean of difference between consensual sex between teens and a teacher trading grades for sex.

4: Selling your body for sex is most the last resort or can be the result of sexual abuse at an earlier age [perhaps by those trading grades for sex]. Very few see it as the best option available, don't kid yourself they do.

5: I am astonished you cannot see why this is idea is appalling acceptance of abuse.

Pervert !!

I think we are all entitled to see the videos for ourselves and make up our own minds. Can anyone provide a link?

Where did I say only paedophiles? You do seem to enjoy claiming I have said things I have not. Twice on this thread already.

Justice should be done, I never said it shouldn't.

Justice should be seen to be done. Again I never said it shouldn't, the very opposite in fact. I have been saying that this should be dealt with by the legal authorities not the media or social media.

What you get with trial by accusation is vigilante justice, that is no justice at all.

My ''little idea''? You mean law and order, judicial process, trials based on evidence? Not my idea at all, it's been happening for century or more across the world.

I fail to see why you think it would prevent witnesses coming forward. Please explain that particular piece of 'thinking'.

From what I gather no legal charges have been made against this teacher and if this is the case his name should not be broadcast. If he goes to trial and is found guilty then that changes. If he is charged and flees, then of course he should be named. If he is loose and is considered a danger to the public by the authorities then he should be named.

However none of that has happened has it? He has been accused and is being prosecuted by social media/the press but no legal charges have yet been made.

If he is guilty he should rot in gaol, but it is the job of the courts to do this not the press/social media.

No, it is merely your assumption that me finding what, "people do", means you, I find it funny that people always have a problem with pedos being named and shamed once they have been charged but before they have been convicted, I have never heard anyone complain about that for any other crime, have you?

You said that a charge should be proven before a name is released, once it is proven then they have a conviction not a charge, or do you not know what charge means?

And you are wrong, as it clearly states in the OP, he has been charged, he was not named until he was charged as was the school left anonymous, your issue is either the result of an inability to read properly or you do indeed believe that pedos should remain anonymous until proven guilty, which is it?

If the latter, which I presumed it was due to your wish for a charge to be "proven", i.e. a guilty verdict, then that would not be justice being seen to be done, that would be the exact opposite and as I previously stated, that would hamper the legal process. Witnesses would not come forward, my "thinking" and the very same thinking shared by lawyers the world over, is that if the public do not know the name of the accused then they do not know who it is and so cannot either come to their defense or supply additional evidence, obviously. It also adds the risk that this anonymous person gets off Scot free by means of corruption or is disappeared, without anyone noticing.

I guess what you are thinking of is the case of some celebrities who have been named before being charged due to corrupt police selling the press info and due to criminal press tapping phones and the like, this is not one of those cases.

And by the way, 'gaol' is the 19th century spelling, it is now spelled 'jail'.

It is actually 16 as the law states that a child who is not yet over the age of 15 cannot consent. And prostitution is 19 as the law states that a child is anyone who is not yet over the age of 18.

The law also states that if the offender is the teacher of the victim then the sentence will be increased by one third.

In the UK, the age of consent is 16, except for a teacher, doctor or social worker, in which case the age of consent for their pupils and patients is 18.

I will not go into the "harm" aspect as that has already been covered.

Where did I say only paedophiles? You do seem to enjoy claiming I have said things I have not. Twice on this thread already.

Justice should be done, I never said it shouldn't.

Justice should be seen to be done. Again I never said it shouldn't, the very opposite in fact. I have been saying that this should be dealt with by the legal authorities not the media or social media.

What you get with trial by accusation is vigilante justice, that is no justice at all.

My ''little idea''? You mean law and order, judicial process, trials based on evidence? Not my idea at all, it's been happening for century or more across the world.

I fail to see why you think it would prevent witnesses coming forward. Please explain that particular piece of 'thinking'.

From what I gather no legal charges have been made against this teacher and if this is the case his name should not be broadcast. If he goes to trial and is found guilty then that changes. If he is charged and flees, then of course he should be named. If he is loose and is considered a danger to the public by the authorities then he should be named.

However none of that has happened has it? He has been accused and is being prosecuted by social media/the press but no legal charges have yet been made.

If he is guilty he should rot in gaol, but it is the job of the courts to do this not the press/social media.

No, it is merely your assumption that me finding what, "people do", means you, I find it funny that people always have a problem with pedos being named and shamed once they have been charged but before they have been convicted, I have never heard anyone complain about that for any other crime, have you?

You said that a charge should be proven before a name is released, once it is proven then they have a conviction not a charge, or do you not know what charge means?

And you are wrong, as it clearly states in the OP, he has been charged, he was not named until he was charged as was the school left anonymous, your issue is either the result of an inability to read properly or you do indeed believe that pedos should remain anonymous until proven guilty, which is it?

If the latter, which I presumed it was due to your wish for a charge to be "proven", i.e. a guilty verdict, then that would not be justice being seen to be done, that would be the exact opposite and as I previously stated, that would hamper the legal process. Witnesses would not come forward, my "thinking" and the very same thinking shared by lawyers the world over, is that if the public do not know the name of the accused then they do not know who it is and so cannot either come to their defense or supply additional evidence, obviously. It also adds the risk that this anonymous person gets off Scot free by means of corruption or is disappeared, without anyone noticing.

I guess what you are thinking of is the case of some celebrities who have been named before being charged due to corrupt police selling the press info and due to criminal press tapping phones and the like, this is not one of those cases.

And by the way, 'gaol' is the 19th century spelling, it is now spelled 'jail'.

No gaol is still spelt as i do, tough if you don't like it.

I believe those charged with such serious charges should be given the right to anonymity as should the victims of such charges. This should apply to any case which has the danger of associating a person charged with a crime but later proven innocent. Such charges alone are enough to create the impression upon those who refuse to believe no innocent person can be charged with such crimes. I have already outlined where I can see why the authorities may feel exceptions can be made. It's my view and I'm sticking to it.

If there is a suspicion that there are other victims, then yes, I can see why people might be named within limits, I guess it happens after a thorough investigation and the laying of charges, but if you are saying witnesses to a crime need to know the name of the accused rather than the circumstances of the crime you are being ridiculous.

I am not thinking of any case involving celebs or any case of any sort.

Although I fully agree that sex between a Teacher and Student should not be allowed, based mostly on that he is in a position of authority and trust, I have to look back at my own life.

When I was 17 years old I already had a one year old baby under my arm and living on my own with my first wife then. I was able to improve my education later through student loans.

My point being that a 17 year old in no child. I certainly wasn't at that age for sure. Nor are most of them virgins at 17 either, so I doubt the description of Child fits here too well either. Under 16 year old then for sure they need protection. But 17 years old? When you are old enough to drive and in many countries also join the armed forces???

Until the "Young Offenders Act" came into play in many countries you were treated as an adult at age 16. Being 16 years old in Canada then and if you decided to run away from home there is nothing the Police could do about that as you are old enough. Old enough to quit school to.

I don't know how many other countries are morally bankrupt, but I know Thailand is. Do you disagree? Or are you just going to respond with another "what about other countries" comparison to avoid the point that Thailand is a sh*t place in this respect.

This country is rotten to the core, anyone who has been here more then a holiday can see it.

However, without defending that point I like many things about Thailand. But in this case, it is a shameful case where the "kids" are pushing the adults to apply the law and let justice prevail, it should be adults protecting the children, Thailand should be ashamed of itself.

This man should be properly investigated, they should be looking at the evidence and taking appropriate action not sweeping it under the carpet to avoid "losing face".

Witch hunt?

It's not that I an overly "PC" person but neither am I morally bankrupt. How on earth you cannot see the harm in a young girl sleeping with the teacher to get better grades is beyond me. It is so wrong I almost don't know where to start.

She should get her grades based upon how well she does in her exams, and this is a result of how hard she studies, nothing more, nothing less. School is about education and teaching children to prepare themselves for life. It is not a place for teachers to take advantage of the situation and pander to their own sexual urges. Having sex with the teacher to receive artificially inflated grades is disgusting on every level (I do hope you are not a teacher with this kind of attitude and thinking)

Witch hunt?

It's not that I an overly "PC" person but neither am I morally bankrupt. How on earth you cannot see the harm in a young girl sleeping with the teacher to get better grades is beyond me. It is so wrong I almost don't know where to start.

She should get her grades based upon how well she does in her exams, and this is a result of how hard she studies, nothing more, nothing less. School is about education and teaching children to prepare themselves for life. It is not a place for teachers to take advantage of the situation and pander to their own sexual urges. Having sex with the teacher to receive artificially inflated grades is disgusting on every level (I do hope you are not a teacher with this kind of attitude and thinking)

Well, from what I am told, the educational system here is quite broken. Most students cheat on test. Failure of a student is not allowed, as he or she would "lose face". So, are the students really learning much? It might be different in another country, where the kids were getting a good education. But, that is not the case here.

I repeat my claim, that there is little wrong with what this girl did, to improve her grades. I do see how the teachers behavior could offend. He is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

And no, I am not a teacher, nor have I ever been a teacher. If I was a teacher, I do believe I might offer these services, if I was single, and the woman was of legal age.