LG TV can not find any Digital channels

Mike45

My shipment just arrived from Saudi Arabia. My LG TV that I bought two years ago in Saudi was inside. I'm trying to set it up. I know my digital antenna is working because I attached another TV and I could see my digital stations.

My problem: when this TV searched for channels all it found was three analog channels. It didn't see any of the digital ones. I've tried setting the country to Iran, Algeria, Tunisia and to "Digital" as a country rescanned each time. No digital channels.

The manual has very little information about this.

Can you offer any suggestions?

post-33663-1465697493892_thumb.jpg

post-33663-14656975160153_thumb.jpg

Surely this manual, by giving you a "-" for Thailand, instead of a description of digital systems that the TV will pick up as it does for every other country listed, is directly telling you it won't pick up Thailand digital TV? It must be left blank for a reason?

Unless you're not in Thailand of course (you don't actually say!)

Surely this manual, by giving you a "-" for Thailand, instead of a description of digital systems that the TV will pick up as it does for every other country listed, is directly telling you it won't pick up Thailand digital TV? It must be left blank for a reason?

I bought the TV in 2014 in Saudi. I believe it was manufactured in 2013. I assumed it didn't list digital TV in Thailand because I thought that it wasn't broadcasting digital at that time.

I'm in Thailand now with this TV.

The country options that I can choose on my TV are , Analogue, Digital, South Africa, Tunisia, Iran, Algeria. From the manual ALL the countries listed on that page, most of which I haven't mentioned, use DVB-T. I don't really know what that is but I assumed it was a standard used for digital transmission and it appears to be used by every country.

I bought the TV in 2014 in Saudi. I believe it was manufactured in 2013. I assumed it didn't list digital TV in Thailand because I thought that it wasn't broadcasting digital at that time.

I'm in Thailand now with this TV.

The country options that I can choose on my TV are , Analogue, Digital, South Africa, Tunisia, Iran, Algeria. From the manual ALL the countries listed on that page, most of which I haven't mentioned, use DVB-T. I don't really know what that is but I assumed it was a standard used for digital transmission and it appears to be used by every country.

OK fair enough, my mistake. Could very well mean that digital TV wasn't broadcast in Thailand when the TV was made.

I'll get me coat...

It could be that the tuner in your other TV is more sensitive than the one just arrived.

Have you tried doing a factory reset and then re search for digital channels ?

Yes I've tried that. The other TV was also purchased last year here in Thailand so it's newer and made for this market.

Thailand is using DVB-T2

If your tv set only has a DVB-T tuner it wont be capable of receiving T2 signals...though a TV so new I would expect it to have a T2 tuner which is backwards compatible with T (1)

Thailand is using DVB-T2

If your tv set only has a DVB-T tuner it wont be capable of receiving T2 signals...though a TV so new I would expect it to have a T2 tuner which is backwards compatible with T (1)

My TVs is not backward compatible. If you scan for T2 stations it will find no T ones at all. Change the system to T and it will find them. Some TVs give the option to scan for both types at the same time but the scan takes much longer.

Most Tv's that I have tuned in have a section to tell it what area you are in and what band to be looking for. Have a look at the scan settings rather than just pressing auto scan thumbsup.gif

I did that. I chose each of the countries available and the setting digital.

Archived