Thai DLT ensures all public transports abide by laws

webfact

DLT ensures all public transports abide by laws

BANGKOK, 13 June 2016 (NNT) - The Department of Land Transport (DLT) has ensured that all public transport vehicles strictly follow safety and service regulations to protect the rights of passengers.

DLT Director-General Sanit Promwong visited public transport service stations over the weekend to raise awareness about the importance of obeying traffic laws. He inspected van, motorcycle and taxi cab services after receiving numerous complaints from passengers. More than 1,000 public transport drivers were reported to have violated traffic laws in the last month.

Most of the reported violations came from taxi drivers for refusing passengers, driving an unregistered vehicle, and committing tax evasion.

As for public van services, the majority of complaints were about speeding, traveling to non-route destinations, failing to undergo regular maintenance, and failing to ensuring auto parts in are good condition.

Many motorcycle taxi drivers were found using personal vehicles instead of trying to obtain a yellow license plate before providing taxi services. Violators were forced to pay a fine and attend a lecture on customer service. Repeat offenders could risk losing their driver's license.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-13 footer_n.gif

' Has ensured " ? So all's well then on the strength of the Director general visiting public transport service stations over the weekend. ?

Presumably he didn't visit every station in the country but no doubt his awareness campaign will be passed on and followed to the letter nationwide.

" The Department of Land Transport (DLT) has ensured that all public transport vehicles strictly follow safety and service regulations to protect the rights of passengers."

So, they have assured the public that they have ensured that all vehicles employed in public transport will be up to the highest standards of safety and service, including being adequately insured.

I await the next report of failed brakes.

Yeah, right. This is just a feel good statement ment only for local consumption. It would take actual effort and work by the police to enforce ANY law in this country.

Yeah, right. This is just a feel good statement ment only for local consumption. It would take actual effort and work by the police to enforce ANY law in this country.

I don't actually think the Thais will believe it as well.

' Has ensured " ? So all's well then on the strength of the Director general visiting public transport service stations over the weekend. ?

Presumably he didn't visit every station in the country but no doubt his awareness campaign will be passed on and followed to the letter nationwide.

Don't be too quick to presume - they work quickly these officials.

Remember last year when the leaked Thai police memo citing information from the Russian Federal Security Service warned that ten Syrian members of the Islamic State had slipped into Thailand the previous month to attack Russian interests? And—less than 24 hours later—Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda assured the public that no Islamic State militants had been found in Thailand?

Maybe they had the same crack team checking all public transports... thumbsup.gif

Does this mean that the next time I get into a van I will find the seat belts on the seat and available to use?

Normally they are tied in a knot so tight that it's impossible to untie it.

Nup. I don't think so.

"ensure"?..

from the same word "sure" meaning leaving no room for any doubt?

So we have all been saved now. From now on, 0 fatalities on Thai roads due to poor maintenance!

I trust them

God bless the DLT

Edited by Mitker

What about the buses????

When are the going to get them off the road?????

Last but not least, when are they going to do something about the Drivers.

i ride Lat Phrao to Imperial World 2-4 times a week and the drivers are horrible, especially at night as they know no one will stop and check them!!!!!

And of course the wonderful lazy good for only tea money are never around at night!!!!!!

in 2 years never seen a bus stopped and the driver checked.

the only time the police stop some one is when they set up a motorcycle check on Lat Phrao going towards Imperial world when they need money and only in the day time!!!!!!!!

As for public van services, the majority of complaints were about speeding, traveling to non-route destinations, failing to undergo regular maintenance, and failing to ensuring auto parts in are good condition.

I'm surprised dangerous driving isn't on the list as that has been my impression whenever using these vans, something I don't do any more.

But honestly, the hype over a single man, who may or may not have any relevant heath and safety knowledge or experience, visiting a few depots, is beyond me.

They should employ Blakey, he'd sort 'em out.

Thing is, bus driver in Thailand is one of the hardest job.

You are paid by journey so traffic being what it is you always end up late on schedule.

You get paid a misery to work 12 hours a day in stinking pollution blazing heat.

You soon develop obesity, chronic disease from constant exposure to pollution or back problems from bad posture from the seat.

No one wants to do it except undereducated people and clearly you cannot ask much from them.

Thing is, bus driver in Thailand is one of the hardest job.

You are paid by journey so traffic being what it is you always end up late on schedule.

You get paid a misery to work 12 hours a day in stinking pollution blazing heat.

You soon develop obesity, chronic disease from constant exposure to pollution or back problems from bad posture from the seat.

No one wants to do it except undereducated people and clearly you cannot ask much from them.

Ever seen a TV program called Ice Road Truckers?

They work longer hours in far more dangerous to your health conditions and get paid by the load.

Big difference, the companies employing them, only employ the ones who are capable to start with, and dismiss any that become incapable later.

That lack of care is sadly lacking here and I have difficulty in having any sympathy for Thai truck drivers apart from the fact that they are the victims of a greed orientated society.