Public Health Ministry warns soccer fans of possible heart attack

webfact

Public Health Ministry warns soccer fans of possible heart attack

ha.jpg

BANGKOK, 13 June 2016 (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health has expressed concerns over possibilities that soccer fans watching games on television might risk having a heart attack.

Deputy Public Health Ministry Permanent Secretary Suwanchai Watthanayingcharoenchai said that it is likely for many people to experience some mental stress and even frustrations during Euro 2016 soccer games. That might possibly leave them at risk of having a heart attack, which happens when the heart fails to get the oxygen it needs.

There is a clear link between mental stress and heart attacks which would consequently increase the number of hospitalized patients during major soccer tournaments, he said.

He urged soccer fans to take enough rest and call for help immediately if they suffer a heart attack and not to wait until the end of the game. In case of emergency, please call Hotline 1669 available toll-free around the clock.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-13 footer_n.gif

WOW. Seriously, do these MPs claim any educational background in the "area of their expertise" e.g. job title?

I think I'll write a book of quotes by Thai govt. officials...

I would have to agree! The fact that this misinformation is coming from supposedly professional medical doctors is scary to say the least. It begs to wonder how long the universities have been turning a blind eye to cheating on entrance exams for this field as well. Why don't they actually do research before sending information to the news services? Edited by thesetat2013

They get over exited as they are gambling on the match. I have seen farm workers earning 9,000 Baht a month betting 10,000 baht on 1 football match and when the stakes are that high then I guess it can lead to stress and heart failure...

Oh my Buddha wot a complete Buffoon, Why would any Thai hav a heart attack watching the Euros? They are not even in the competition. Unless they are betting illegally on it.

Where do they get these so called government officials from?

Issaan fish markets ???

Surely the Health Ministry has more important things to be worrying about than soccer games. Zika for instance.

It's all about appearances, self importance and impressing the PM. He has to be seen to be doing something. Anything, even making stupid statements. Surely he means heart attacks after losing money from illegal gambling on the games.