"Cancelled with immigration" paper?

Hi all,

Leaving my current job at the end of the month. Notice given, no problems.

My new employer is asking when I will be cancelled at immigration, and that I need a letter from my current employer.

Current employer said that on my last day (30th) they will notify immigration, I will have 7 days to leave the country.

Do I just leave then just come back, or do I need any paperwork from my current employer.

Thanks!

You will not get 7 days to leave unless your applied for your extension at the one stop center (BOI company).

You can go to immigration a few days before the termination date on a letter from your employer and they will post date the cancellation to that date.

Far better to actually transfer the work permit and visa, (the WP has space for this) but I've never heard of anyone doing this successfully.

If you can though, it is to your advantage since restarting this will also restart the clock on eligibility for permanent residency.

Far better to actually transfer the work permit and visa, (the WP has space for this) but I've never heard of anyone doing this successfully.

If you can though, it is to your advantage since restarting this will also restart the clock on eligibility for permanent residency.

A work permit cannot be transferred from one employer to another. It is possible to have an another job shown in a work permit if the employer shown on it grants permission to do it.

Extension also cannot be transferred. The existing extension must first be cancelled and a new one applied for using documents from the new employer and a work permit application approval letter.

• Like 1