visa how to do

• A Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) will give you 60 days on entry, that can be extended by 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht, giving you 90 days.

If you arrive on Novemebr 13th the 90th day would be January 31st.

On or before January 31st you could do a border hop (not all borders). On re-entry you will be granted a 30 day visa exempt entry which will cover the remainder of your stay.

tks mate so can i apply here in france for the first visa as for the border cross ill be near sakon nakon could do a run to laos ive been told have to do 24 hrs i e overnight ..or poss i will be in kanchanaburi heard can get across and back in a few hours what do you know on this mate

tks mate so can i apply here in france for the first visa as for the border cross ill be near sakon nakon could do a run to laos ive been told have to do 24 hrs i e overnight ..or poss i will be in kanchanaburi heard can get across and back in a few hours what do you know on this mate

• Kanchanaburi is one of the crossings that don't allow out/in visa exempt entry and is miles from Sakon Nakhon.
  • You can do a crossing at Nong Khai or Mukdahan to Laos. Once you have entered Laos you can turn around and re-enter Thailand. No overnight stay necessary.
Edited by elviajero

• A Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) will give you 60 days on entry, that can be extended by 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht, giving you 90 days.
  • If you arrive on Novemebr 13th the 90th day would be January 31st.
  • On or before January 31st you could do a border hop (not all borders). On re-entry you will be granted a 30 day visa exempt entry which will cover the remainder of your stay.

If he arrives on November 13th the 90th day would be February 10th. That means that he would have the alternative of getting a second 7 day "extension" if he doesn't want to leave Thailand.

Sophon

• Like 2

Harveyboy, on 14 Jun 2016 - 04:53, said:

What is your immigration status in France?

• If you arrive on Novemebr 13th the 90th day would be January 31st.
  • On or before January 31st you could do a border hop (not all borders). On re-entry you will be granted a 30 day visa exempt entry which will cover the remainder of your stay.

Sorry @ Harveyboy the dates I gave are wrong. I wrote the 13th but counted from the 3rd. If you arrive on the 13th the 90th day is February 10th.

Options:

• Book your return for on or before Feb 10th. Your current plan (Feb 12th) is for 92 days. If you reduce to 90 days a SETV + 30 day extension will cover your trip.
  • Do a border hop on or before Feb 10th to get a 30 day visa exempt entry.
  • Towards the end of the 90 days (60 + 30) go to immigration and apply for a 2nd extension of stay. It will be denied, but they should give you 7 days to leave the country for (1,900 baht).
  • At the end of your initial 60 days (Jan 11th) you could leave, stay out of the country for 3 nights, return on Jan 14th and receive a 30 day visa exempt entry that will take you to Feb 12th.
Edited by elviajero

tks guys i said kanchanaburi just because i go there a few times during my stay but you say cannot do visa run there didnt know ..my girlfriend works for the government in sakon nakhon but has to go to the office in Mukdhan been there a few times with her and thought about the crossing there but was told had to do 24 hr stayover tks for letting me know she also works a lot at the office in Nakhon Phanom is this easy to do also as far as the dates cannot change already booked i get in on 14 nov but must fly out to paris for the day on 12 feb YEP for the day my status in France is Brit ive been here 30 years plus but kept my uk passport

France can be sticky on visa applications, but they would surely issue you a single entry tourist visa.

As stated, you can easily cross to Laos and return immediately with a 30-day visa exempt entry. At Mukdahan, you also have the option of crossing to Savannakhet and getting another 60-day tourist visa. This does require a one night stay but still actually works out slightly cheaper (if in Mukdahan anyway) than doing an extension.

ok so applying in france you think they would not grant 60 day visa ? what does a single entry consist of also where is savannakehet excuse my ignorance im pretty new at this as you can see

There is a bridge linking Mukdahan in Thailand with Savannakhet in Laos.