Brit mum appeals for help finding son, absconded from Bahrain

webfact

In the words of Major Payne "You gotta pop that tittie out of his mouth".

Sure glad I didn't have a mommy (mammy) (Mother) like that 67-years ago. Being a Taurus from day one I was indeoendent. Told my parents they didn't ask me if I wanted to come into this world so their responsibility was to get me through Tech College and from there on I take care of myself. And I did. Joint the KNILM for which no parental approval was required 5-year contract Aircraft Maintenance Engineer education and departed to the other side of the world. Next stop even further away end of the world 4-yrs college, next back tracked to down under 2-year university work experience Jungle of Papua/New Guinea, the list is too long but in a nutshell never been home since, permanently that is, first time 12-yrs later I stopped off to say Hi on way to work in Iran with IOEPC, never stood still working and studying around the world till finally stopped when aged made me. Now living in retirement in Thailand.

Mommy should remember the guy is 3 x 7 = 21 start of adulthood, he showed that by depositing the front door key under the doormat. How much more positive is that, or does she wants to be hit in the head with the door key???

Mommies can be a real pain in the a@@ if you let them.

We have had a few stories similar to this on TVF in the last months. The family getting worried and the 'kid' turning up later. Whilst I feel sorry for Mum, I do tend to agree with many of the posters. Too many shackles.

I remember a long way back.......I arrived back after 7 years absence. In response to their ' how long are you staying?' The answer was 3 days.

Edited by Gillyflower

'or maybe mommypenny ? :0) '

Haha, or the Mum with the model son.

A face only a mamma could love..

if you cant trust your mamma...

As for that other ageless saying, i make up my

own..

"..the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that crafted many of the worst maniacs.."

:0)

As all accommodation places in thailand have to make daily reports of who is staying to the police it should be possible to track his movements and/or find out where he is currently staying.

"all accommodation places in thailand (SHOULD) rolleyes.gif have to make daily reports of who is staying"

That comes as I believe with a tax to pay to the Government for that guests and nights they stay wink.png

So - special smaller, cheaper accommodation places, take it not as accurate. whistling.gif

I dont agree.This 21 year old has disappeared under abnormal circumstances.The act of leaving his keys under the mat indicates that he has no intention of coming home.The fact that he disappeared and cancelled his facebook is an indication that he does not want family,or friends to know where he is.This is a bit more than one flew over the cuckoo nest for a bit of girly fun and freedom.I would be worried because maybe he has mental problems that his mum is not aware of. I think we should wait and hear from the boy himself about his actions,before we start blaming the mother for mollycoddling him.

Boy?! Adulthood begins at 18 in the UK, I left home at 16. While he could have handled the situation rather more delicately, his life is his own. Another story blown out of all proportion.

• 2 weeks later...

"Being a Tauraus from day I" JC now I've heard it all on this forum. Wacked sorts here are a perfect environment for this kid.

Wasn't there an American guy in his forties or fifties last year who "vanished" yet turned up later, just was basically being a di(khead toward his family back home?

Good luck for this kid, he'll meet Ms. Right (now) or Mister (if bad luck) at Tiger disco have a good ol time and turn up later when he runs outta cash, run home to concerned Mommy and maybe will have grown up a bit.

Hope the kid has a good time, meanwhile all you astrology types, head off to Ko Phangan for another omelette. Taurus.....yeesh.

Edited by grumpyoldman