Flights, BKK to UK

tanner89

I traveled turkish airlines cattle class for years with work, UK to Istanbul, Istanbul to Iraq. I would sooner walk!

Some more details would help.

And Bangkok is not Iraq (not one of the popular destinations).

I know some German folks who flew Turkish with no complaints (cattle class).

Edited by KhunBENQ

Ok, found a major minus.

In cattle class they have some ridiculously small pitches (starting at 29 inch) in an A321 (!) Istanbul to Heathrow.

(29 to 31 actually, so you need "luck")

Not for the big boys. 29 inch is an impertinence even for "only" 4h.

An average European male would have problems to get into the seat.

Must feel like a Benidorm cattle transport.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I traveled turkish airlines cattle class for years with work, UK to Istanbul, Istanbul to Iraq. I would sooner walk!

Some more details would help.

And Bangkok is not Iraq (not one of the popular destinations).

I know some German folks who flew Turkish with no complaints (cattle class).

Crap seats, crap in flight entertainment, crap food

Maybe not...should that make any difference, to me it doesn't bode well for other destinations

So again...I would sooner walk

You are right.

The crap seats are really a no go.

The OP better say when he wants to fly and look for other even cheaper options.

Emirates has cutting prices (e.g. this month for less than 24k Baht).

Both legs in A380 with min. 32 inch seat pitch.

Why Turkish? Looking for oneway?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Emirates are my favourite and generally cheaper coming from the UK that Turkish. I have also used Etihad and Qatar and again generally find them cheaper than Turkish

We don't disagree on that.

After looking up some example prices (two weeks from end of June) there are about half a dozen airlines that are cheaper and better.

I expected that Turkish would be bloody cheap like <20k return or so.

But no.

coming from the UK

OP looks for the opposite direction.

Edited by KhunBENQ

We don't disagree on that.

After looking up some example prices (two weeks from end of June) there are about half a dozen airlines that are cheaper and better.

I expected that Turkish would be bloody cheap like <20k return or so.

But no.

coming from the UK

OP looks for the opposite direction.

cheesy.gif yep, whoops

I used to fly EVA, but can no longer afford the 50K return cost.

Looked for LHR and Gatwick, which ever cheapest, spent hours trolling all sites.

Just booked LHR return with Jordanian Air, couldn't find a cheap book in advance ticket, prices were not what was stated online at the start of the search..

Dates 25 June rtn 05 July - this is now high season.

I checked MAS but very cheap flights had very long stopovers, normally outbound from BKK.

Jordanian Air still has stopover of 6 hours, flight cost 25,960 Baht.

My first time with them. Used to fly Saudi regularly from Jeddah, sometimes good sometimes bad.

Good hunting.

Looked for LHR and Gatwick, which ever cheapest, spent hours trolling all sites.

Just booked LHR return with Jordanian Air, couldn't find a cheap book in advance ticket, prices were not what was stated online at the start of the search..

I checked MAS but very cheap flights had very long stopovers, normally outbound from BKK.

My first time with them. Used to fly Saudi regularly from Jeddah, sometimes good sometimes bad.

Good hunting.

I used to fly EVA for my annual trip back too, but now they aren't competitive. I managed to get BA (direct) for 30,000 return in August.

Check out MAS. They have promotion at the moment. Business 58,000Baht; Economy 21,000 Baht return. One month validity. Used them often (Business) Good seats, good food, good service.

I was tempted by their good deals for Business Class to London - but the need to fly two hours in the wrong direction before the flight to London is a major inconvenience.

I've flown with Turkish 8 times long haul in the last three years. I would say they are 4 star. No complaints with them.

At the moment Oman Air are offering the best deals to the UK but you have to book via their website.

Good hunting.

I used to fly EVA for my annual trip back too, but now they aren't competitive. I managed to get BA (direct) for 30,000 return in August.

Eventually gave up online and booked with Six Star Travel in Central at Khon Kaen ( I live 45 Km from there ).

All direct flights I Iooked at were near or above the 30K mark. Would have prefered Gatwick as only 30 min to Brighton by bus and, getting to National Express at LHR is a long walk.