Playstation VR availability in Thailand?

sitti

Hello,

PS VR will be released in the US in October. Anybody have any info or rumors on release date in Thailand? PS4 became available at Sony Stores only a few weeks after US release. I hope it will be the same for VR.

I asked sony store at Siam Paragon, and they said they don't have any info from Sony yet. I don't want to import it from US this time. I want a local warranty in case if it needs a repair service or replacement (I suspect something could go wrong at beginning especially for new kind of electronic product like VR).

Hello,

PS VR will be released in the US in October. Anybody have any info or rumors on release date in Thailand? PS4 became available at Sony Stores only a few weeks after US release. I hope it will be the same for VR.

I asked sony store at Siam Paragon, and they said they don't have any info from Sony yet. I don't want to import it from US this time. I want a local warranty in case if it needs a repair service or replacement (I suspect something could go wrong at beginning especially for new kind of electronic product like VR).

I was wondering that myself and how much it will be here. You could ask Naz they might know. But I bet Thailand is quite far down the list of countries it will be released in. They are the official importer of ps4 in Thailand I think. So I am sure the warranty will be Valid. I am guessing it will be about 2000THB then it is in the usa.

EDIT I just had a look

http://www.nadzproject.com/en/Products/detail/2626/PS4/Accessories

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nadz will have it for sure. not many places will have much information exactly yet as it was just finally announced the launch day and price at E3 in usa a few days ago. nadz is an official authorized playstation store. they are also many other ones in the city, not under the nadz name but still authorized dealer stores and they will all have it.

price is supposed to be $400usd. so it would be around 14,000 baht here i believe. they keep their prices on tab with the rest of the world for the most part. keep in mind you do need a ps4 camera and a move controller to use it. they are supposed to be selling a bundle with the vr, cam and move also.

If you are wanting a great vr experience I would also buy the new ps4.5 or neo as its called. It should be released at about the same time. Rumours have been flying around for a while that this is the reason Sony are bringing out an updated more powerful ps4 mid cycle. To play vr games you need stable frame rate as to stop motion sickness and run at a decent resolution to enhance the vr. I would be looking to sell my ps4 asap before there is more announcements about ps4 neo as I'm sure the price will come down a lot soon.

If you are wanting a great vr experience I would also buy the new ps4.5 or neo as its called. It should be released at about the same time. Rumours have been flying around for a while that this is the reason Sony are bringing out an updated more powerful ps4 mid cycle. To play vr games you need stable frame rate as to stop motion sickness and run at a decent resolution to enhance the vr. I would be looking to sell my ps4 asap before there is more announcements about ps4 neo as I'm sure the price will come down a lot soon.

The VR headset is 960x1080 per eye - so still only needs the PS4 to output standard 1920x1080 res. New rumoured update of the PS4 is to support 4K - the VR headset will work on all PS4's.

The VR headset is 960x1080 per eye - so still only needs the PS4 to output standard 1920x1080 res. New rumoured update of the PS4 is to support 4K - the VR headset will work on all PS4's.

I agree it will work. But Sony has not upgraded their system solely for the purpose of watching Netflix etc in 4K. It's a substantial upgrade mainly for the vr headset. The new Xbox one s can now stream in 4K and their has been no upgrade in its cpu or gpu. The new ps4 neo won't be powerful enough to play games in 4K , its main purpose is to give a decent vr experience and of course make the games run at decent ,stable frame rates etc.

I agree it will work. But Sony has not upgraded their system solely for the purpose of watching Netflix etc in 4K. It's a substantial upgrade mainly for the vr headset. The new Xbox one s can now stream in 4K and their has been no upgrade in its cpu or gpu. The new ps4 neo won't be powerful enough to play games in 4K , its main purpose is to give a decent vr experience and of course make the games run at decent ,stable frame rates etc.

When I say won't be able to play games in 4K ,sure it would be able to but not with a decent frame rate and graphics textures etc. All I'm saying is consider it before you buy. This generation of consoles is lasting probable half if not less of the time from last generation. Already Microsoft has announced the Scorpio for 2017, which will be a beast by the sounds and support real 4K gaming. I own a ps4 and Xbox one and I'm going to wait until the Scorpio arrives before I consider vr. In my opinion I think it's best to wait to see how vr takes off, they have tried and failed before. But I will say , I'm going to sell my Xbox one and buy the new Xbox one s model as its got a 4K bluray player, 4K streaming . Considering it's about the same price as a 4K standalone bluray player ,it's a no brainer. And looks really cool .

When I say won't be able to play games in 4K ,sure it would be able to but not with a decent frame rate and graphics textures etc. All I'm saying is consider it before you buy. This generation of consoles is lasting probable half if not less of the time from last generation. Already Microsoft has announced the Scorpio for 2017, which will be a beast by the sounds and support real 4K gaming. I own a ps4 and Xbox one and I'm going to wait until the Scorpio arrives before I consider vr. In my opinion I think it's best to wait to see how vr takes off, they have tried and failed before. But I will say , I'm going to sell my Xbox one and buy the new Xbox one s model as its got a 4K bluray player, 4K streaming . Considering it's about the same price as a 4K standalone bluray player ,it's a no brainer. And looks really cool .

You must be made of money

You must be made of money

I have spent £600 on 2 consoles in nearly four years. And probably about the same on games. I was already interested in buying a 4 k bluray player and I will probably get the new Xbox one s with built in bluray player plus all the other bells and whistles for about £150 pound part exchange with my original Xbox 1. I would hardly call that being made of money mate. Also bear in mind the ps4 is my sons.

• 7 months later...

I am going to wait a while because I think it's going to not take of. Resident Evil 7 was the Vr compatible game I was keeping a eye on. And i saw a review on gamespot saying you probably wouldn't want to play the whole game in VR. So now I am starting to wonder if it will not take of like the kinetic and 3D TV.

Archived