do you donate

opalred

For those who are saying the Salvos are good a couple of things to think about, as they say up to you what you do, but is better to be informed.

1/ They are religious fanatics, I never trust any fanatics, especially religious ones.

2/ In Western Australia it used to be the norm to go for a couple of drinks after work on Friday. The salvos would come around rattling their tins for donations and many would give, including myself. Then it came out that all the money raised by the Salvos went to Sydney and only about 10% of what was raised in WA was coming back to WA. Thus pretty much ended the Salvos coming around rattling their tins on a Friday in WA.

With the giving question what I have learned over the years is if you are going to donate to the Institutions then do it officially and aim to get a receipt for tax purposes (in Aust anyway), also do your research on the % being skimmed along the way and make sure you are comfortable with what your hard earned is going to be used for. If giving to charity works in Thailand then the closer to the end user you donate the less is likely to be skimmed eg the wife organised to take lunch one day for a class at Father Rays, so right at the end user.

Cheers

The Salvos in WA used to give you a copy of their paper if you donated. If you knew where to look, they had tips for the weekend horse races. I knew people who always followed their selections.

I donate to only one society. It is well known around the world but very little publicity which is what makes it so good. If you really want to donate to a very worthwhile society then this is the one for you. There are no overheads to drain your donation and all of it is used in a way you would 100% agree with.

The name of this illustrious society you say? No problem. It is called the Self Preservation Society and is can be contacted in every home around the world. Invest in it you wont be disappointed

Last year we had a whip round for a local orphanage in Khon Kaen

A friend of mine, who organised it, visited there a few days prior to our visit, and discussed what was needed.

It turned out that many things were in need of replacing, like broken toilets, aunt twacky furniture etc.

Went to Home Pro, paid for the replacement items, and it was all delivered whilst we were there, and a slap up meal was also arranged.

It was greatly appreciated, and the look of happiness on the kids faces was priceless.

We have now decided to make it an annual occasion.

As most of the helpers there are volunteers, we also gave them, individually, some cash as a token of our appreciation.

I have been to Africa, Cambodia, and read the reports from cancer research etc.... 99%

are scams where most of the money goes to fundraising cost and the massive salaries of

the organization, paying of corrupt officials and extravagant living and travel expenses.

None is worse than the UN. You are far better off to give money to the alcoholic/drug addict

beggar on the street or the blind musician wandering the beer bars. At least you know

exactly where the money is going. Tip the bar girl who is sending money back to her

family who is looking after her child. Far more effective than giving money to famine

relief in Africa where 98% of the money goes to organization overhead, paying corrupt

officials in Kenya etc..2% reaches the hungry people. The aid organizations just say "well,

2% is better than nothing. African countries love a good famine, hundreds of millions to

skim. The have no interest in agricultural reform, and population control etc.. If they fixed

the problems there would be no crisis and no aid to skim. Theses are not my racist ides but

the ideas of African academics. coffee1.gif

most of my life donated to many groups

later years found the money went into pockets of evil people

14yrs ago we had a group of people with many skills to build a orphanage in north border

we though we could bypass the con people

no. there were more people here had to give money in there pockets

before could start the project

over the years have not seen a honest group

now they put ads on internet one now all the time from nz kids donate b/S

Only group I will put my hand in my pocket for is The Salvation Army.

By the way I'm not religious.

I look on money for the Salvation Army as an investment for my future

Just google, "Salvation Army scandals"

99% OF TIME ALL MONEY ALWAYS ENDS IN THE SCAMERS POCKETS

wife and i only donate to blood bank here

i asked wife if i could donate to sperm bank

but cut out the middle man and go direct to woman in need

wife answer NO

spoilt sport

it makes me so angry

with this ad everytime go to yahoo7

kidscan org nz to donate money

i have lived many times in nz

like australia the kids would be looked after better

than any where in the world

so what a scam

I used to donate my time and truck to The Salvation Army,

they did a lot of good for the community in the past, this is

not the past and they are now just a business.

I do not donate money, i will give food, my time and free

advice, more than that NO.

If you want to give to a worthwhile charity consider of these

in Cambodia....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/norm-schriever/6-charities-in-cambodia-s_b_5494855.html

Some years ago i was privileged to meet a lady in the hotel i was staying in in Sihanoukville

Cambodia, she and her group were giving a party in the hotels courtyard to a group of

children, i was happy to see all those children having so much fun and eating so much food,

i met the lady as i was walking out the hotel and struck up a conversation with her, you should

read her story and donate to a worthwhile, worthy cause, her name is Geraldine Cox,,,,,,

http://sunrisecambodia.org.au/about/