Gen Prawit says he will not use Section 44 to deal with UDD members

webfact

Gen Prawit says he will not use Section 44 to deal with UDD members

1406005-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said Tuesday that he would not resort to Section 44 of the interim charter to deal with members of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) for their persistent attempt to set up centres across the country to prevent cheating in the referendum.

The deputy prime minister who is in charge of security affairs said that normal legal process would be used to deal with the defiant UDD members.

He said he had made it clear to the UDD that he would not allow them to set up the anti-referendum cheating centres because there is no need whatsoever for such centres as there are already agencies in place to ensure fairness and transparency in the referendum.

“Who will cheat? How can you cheat?” he asked reporters.

The deputy prime minister said he was confident that the situation was under control and that the public has faith in the government and the NCPO.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prawit-says-will-not-use-section-44-deal-udd-members/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-15

Who will cheat? How can you cheat? he asked reporters.

look at me, as I said before, trust me I'm Thai. It will conducted in house and all outside observers have been banned so how can anyone cheat?

Edited by Thechook

UDD up their usual tricks purporting to represent the majority when in fact it is a small violent minority they represent.

If the charter is voted in the UDD will pout they were unsuccessful in stopping referendum cheating thus disrespecting the majority. If the people vote no then the UDD will pout they were successful and have the majorities best interests at heart.

The above shown again and again since the UDD came into being is just another smoke screen to purport a respect for a majority that simply don't support them.

UDD up their usual tricks purporting to represent the majority when in fact it is a small violent minority they represent.

If the charter is voted in the UDD will pout they were unsuccessful in stopping referendum cheating thus disrespecting the majority. If the people vote no then the UDD will pout they were successful and have the majorities best interests at heart.

The above shown again and again since the UDD came into being is just another smoke screen to purport a respect for a majority that simply don't support them.

So nice to have you back on TVF. I have missed your voice of reason, your knowledge, in-sight and factual posts. Far better than all the one sided biased post based on pre-conceived opinions.

They don't represent anyone, they're simply a group brassed off with the elected party being replaced by the military or someone appointed by the courts.

As far as the referendum result is concerned, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't, according to you.

Do us all a favour and take another holiday.

Isn't Art 44 supposed to be the sole preserve of the PM ?

These two don't seem to be on the same page recently, is there a power struggle brewing if not actually started ?

1. That's what I thought as well.

2. Already some way advanced unless I miss my guess. Prem is tugging on Dumpy's strings perhaps?

Speaking of whom, isn't it about time he did the right thing for Thailand and cantered off to his just reward?

Winnie

Well, if the =UDD=reds=Thaksin supporters and you reckon the reds are a small minority, rhere must have been a lot of vote-buying at the last election. And none of it was noticed. Weird huh?

Winnie

"....a majority that simply don't support them."

Too bad the junta won't allow an election so we can find out once and for all, right?

As the world's only current Military-ruled country, and after taken control of the country without the approval of the people, one has to assume that the Junta will not let the opposition gain any particular foothold.

They've spent the two years hammering down the opposition, ruling with an iron fist (albeit shrouded in a yellow silk glove), so they will not allow anything to impact their current control.

Further, they need to keep a lid on free speech, free expression and public gathering until they can instill a new charter, hold elections and allow a military/elite-dominated/controlled government to take over.

If the people are allowed to express themselves, however unruly that might be, then all their hard work will be for naught.

'“Who will cheat? How can you cheat?” he asked reporters ... The deputy prime minister said he was confident that the situation was under control and that the public has faith in the government and the NCPO.' Was he being serious? With a visage like that, who can tell?

So nice to have you back on TVF. I have missed your voice of reason, your knowledge, in-sight and factual posts. Far better than all the one sided biased post based on pre-conceived opinions.

Ha Ha, I do love a bit of sarcasm LOL

The rebuttal that attacks the poster through sarcasm as opposed to addressing the posters comments is most appreciated as it shows that one would much prefer personal attacks through sarcasm than actually trying to think of (or hasn't the mental capacity) to articulate an intelligent rebuttal. Though with this form of rebuttal being the modus operandi of the UDD it is of course not surprising to be faced with this when threatened by the truth.

Take care my friend and have a great day.

Edited by djjamie

"....a majority that simply don't support them."

Too bad the junta won't allow an election so we can find out once and for all, right?

Love coups heay? Refer to my signature my friend.

Have a great day.

Edited by djjamie