Android tab battery life compared to a Ipad

I have had a Ipad 3 and 4 and on both the batteries have been excellent, will get 4/5 days standby and can easily normal browser for 2- 3 days or kids Youtubing solid for about 6-7 hours.

Kids smashed the screen so Im just wondering what the screens are like on Androids these days, at the beginning they would last a few hours at best, and standby on Android is always not so good.

Still not so good I guess. While there are lots of different tablets and specs to choose from, ipads batteries normally last longer than any other tablet I have tested myself. I have a Samsung tab 3, a Samsung note 10.1 and they both don't last very much. I have also had 2 lenovo tablets and this were a bit better, still there is loads of bloatware in all this machines that keep the OS busy, hence the battery drain.

+1

Even on prime brand tablet I reckon than you won't get the same battery life as with an iPad (and I'm known to be an Apple-basher).

On the other hand, unless you're really wealthy, giving tablets that cost as much as high-end iPads to kids who will break them over and over sounds a bit pointless to me. For the price of these two iPads you can buy half a dozen middle-range Android tablets and big power banks.

+1

Even on prime brand tablet I reckon than you won't get the same battery life as with an iPad (and I'm known to be an Apple-basher).

On the other hand, unless you're really wealthy, giving tablets that cost as much as high-end iPads to kids who will break them over and over sounds a bit pointless to me. For the price of these two iPads you can buy half a dozen middle-range Android tablets and big power banks.

Make sense......and...add gorilla glass..:)

+1

The tablets will be for me so I want a fairly decent one, unfortunately as much as you promise yourself you wont let the kids touch it, their persistence sometimes win and thats when it all goes wrong.

Every iPad so far has needed at least one new screen maybe 2 even with the case on.