one way ticket to bangkok

Hello everybody, i have just booked a one way ticket from Oslo ( Norway) to Bangkok with one stop in dubai with emirates airline date 23 june.

i have no visa, no return ticket, so the question is will i be denied entry the plane? and if so, any advice for something i can do?

i have travel with Norwegian airlines and thai airways direct to bangkok from Oslo on one way ticket and without visa, every time without any problem.

i have no idea how long i will be in Thailand, arround 1-2 month, and i dont have time to get a visa :( only 1 week left before i go to Thailand.

Edited by bapoboy

You can be denied boarding if you do not have a ticket out of the country within 30 days if you don't have a visa.

A good option is to purchase a low cost one way ticket to a nearby country. Air Asia to Kuala Lumpur is normally not much more than a 1000 baht if purchased in advance.

• Like 1

You can be denied boarding if you do not have a ticket out of the country within 30 days if you don't have a visa.

A good option is to purchase a low cost one way ticket to a nearby country. Air Asia to Kuala Lumpur is normally not much more than a 1000 baht if purchased in advance.

Thank you! i will do so :)

I agree with ubon. Your other alternative is to present at check in for boarding pass and if refused then book cheapest throw away ticket via internet on your cell. Check in for second time and show your confirmed booking within 30 days.

Obviously allow some extra time.

• Like 1

I have done what you're doing... no issue. But they are cracking down now. Can do as suggested above or try to explain if quizzes that you have not finalised your outbound details and will be leaving Thailand within 30 days.

Edited by Daryle
  • Like 1

OP just wing it. The posters above have good suggestions and ubon the correct solid advice.

If refused because no onward flight just book online on cell and check in again. Obviously do some homework cheapest flight out. Try Vientiane. New start up route for AA.

• Like 1

Usally i travel with Norwegian airlines 3-4 times a year between Oslo and bangkok , they don't ask anyone for visa, return ticket/onward or anything.

but this is first time i take emirates to bangkok via dubai so i don't know their rules :) but i will get an oward ticket to cambodia or vietnam and hope everything will be fine:D

Deary me, somepeople would be prepared to miss a flight to Thailand for the sake of a thousand baht.

When you try and check in for the 2nd time it will show that a few minutes previous you tried to check in without an onward flight. Do you think they will say nothing ?

Get the onward flight and dont risk it.

• Like 1

Deary me, somepeople would be prepared to miss a flight to Thailand for the sake of a thousand baht.

When you try and check in for the 2nd time it will show that a few minutes previous you tried to check in without an onward flight. Do you think they will say nothing ?

Get the onward flight and dont risk it.

yep i have got onward ticket to ho chi min city, Vietnam, 1390bath nok air :)