Looking for a nice DIFFERENT fan...

MaiDongJup

I've spent the last couple of days looking for a nice different fan for my office, I've had enough of the disposable plastic pastel-coloured(willy-pink, vomit-green, coffee-brown, fire-red, luminous-blue) fans on offer at most of the regular shops, I'll be visiting JJ market this weekend to try to find something decent/vintage/alternative, any ideas?

I've only ever had Mistubishi fans as my wife swears by them, we've got 7 of them in the house at the moment, I wouldn't normally buy anything else but as one of them either yellows or starts to run noisily, I'm quite happy to replace them with something a little different.

I understand that the vintage fans might be a little temperamental, even a little bit noisy, so what other options do I have??

Edited by MaiDongJup

Might get one of these and paint the base & cage white, or leave it gold/brass, probably not too quiet, but I believe they aren't made of plastic at all, and could last forever as long as there's a motor inside, going to look in JJ this weekend :)

post-260829-0-57386700-1466074203_thumb.

AC is a far better option in an office than a fan. Get on to your boss!! Fans can play merry heck with paperwork.

At times we (on the 17th floor) if it were too cool naturally for AC would just slide open a few windows but that too could sometimes blow papers all over the show.....fans were a pain in the behind.....

If you have to make do with a fan, invest in some paperweights....

Most of the bigger department stores have a decent selection of fans in their electrical units.

AC is a far better option in an office than a fan. Get on to your boss!! Fans can play merry heck with paperwork.

At times we (on the 17th floor) if it were too cool naturally for AC would just slide open a few windows but that too could sometimes blow papers all over the show.....fans were a pain in the behind.....

If you have to make do with a fan, invest in some paperweights....

Most of the bigger department stores have a decent selection of fans in their electrical units.

I'm in my home office, not a commercial office, I'm the boss!

I've looked in Central Pinklao, The mall Tha Phra, The Mall Bang Kae, Homepro Salaya, Homepro Bang Bua Thong, Homepro Rattanathibet, Pata Pinklao, Makro Charansanitwong, they've all got the same dreary selection of fans :(

Do you mean an Oscillation Air Circulator

Are you asking me? If you are asking me then I'm not sure, I'm just talking about a desk fan or similar, I've never heard them called an Oscillating Air Circulator before, sounds rather funny :)

I've seen those Hatari fans(sorry, Oscillating Air Circulators) in the shops and I don't like them at all, the base looks like it was designed by a Duplo designer tongue.png

I've pretty much got my heart set on one of the vintage-style fans in the pic above, unless someone comes along with a good argument against...

A fan is a fan isn`t it? The blades spin and blow air around. Have several in my house, pussy pink, phlegm green and most in plain boring white. But they do the job so their appearance doesn`t bother me.

Appearance is very important for me, I like natural colours, my house is full of natural materials & natural hues, the throw-away toy-town fans we have at the moment will slowly be phased out.

We saw these today, not a lot of power, not particularly quiet, but incredibly expensive!

A lot of people think these don't have a lot of power but the air stream they output extends farther into rooms than normal fans so the room will cool quicker and more evenly also most Dysons have heaters inbuilt but why would anyone need that? Edited by Bantex

We saw these today, not a lot of power, not particularly quiet, but incredibly expensive!

A lot of people think these don't have a lot of power but the air stream they output extends farther into rooms than normal fans so the room will cool quicker and more evenly also most Dysons have heaters inbuilt but why would anyone need that?

They were all turned on in the various shops we visited today so we felt them, they were ok, I can appreciate your point though, the jet of air they expel will certainly go further. Idon'tneed th air to go further though, the fan I'm looking for will sit just a metre away from me and its purposes will be to stop me from dripping with sweat, keep the mozzies off my ankles, and keep airflow going to the PC tower just under the desk.

Are you asking me? If you are asking me then I'm not sure, I'm just talking about a desk fan or similar, I've never heard them called an Oscillating Air Circulator before, sounds rather funny :)

No my friend I was not asking, I was making a joke about this funny description for a fan. You got it

Edited by Aussie69

A lot of people think these don't have a lot of power but the air stream they output extends farther into rooms than normal fans so the room will cool quicker and more evenly also most Dysons have heaters inbuilt but why would anyone need that?

Yes, the air-flow is different to that of a normal fan but seems quite strong to me.

I suppose a heated version might be useful in the North of Thailand in winter? When I looked at them I didnt actually notice that they came with heaters.

I didnt notice that they were particularly noisy either, though I only saw them in a noisy shop.

Got this in the end, it cost B3,900 from chatuchak/JJ, I was thinking about spraying the body and cage white and leaving the blades brass but now I've got it home and nicely in its place I think it's absolutely beautiful as it is smile.png

post-260829-0-21609400-1466247108_thumb.

Edited by MaiDongJup

• 1 year later...

Hatari HDP- 16R3. It is the quietest fan on the market, that I have seen. One speed one, it can barely be heard. Most of the fans here are just way too loud. Have several of these.You ca adjust the height. Three speed, with or without a remote. That model number is the version with the remote, but you can get either. About 1,800 baht in most Home Pro or Global House stores. There are few similar versions.  

image-86474-1-product.jpg

HAT-HDP16M3.GY.jpg