Help high pressure washer

Paul12345

What kind is it? Gas, electric, brass piston or diaphragm pump?

If it's your typical gasoline/brass pump unit be aware of one thing first. Those pumps are "zero clearance" and the only lubrication or cooling they get is from the water they are pumping. NEVER start one until it is hooked to the water source from which it will pump. You can burn up a pump in a heartbeat if you run it dry. In most cases that's a garden hose with the water turned on before you start it.

If it is a gasoline unit, it's almost impossible to pull the starter rope unless you also pull the sprayer trigger. That lets off enough pressure that you can turn the engine over and start it.

Cheers.

Edited by NeverSure

Hi thanx for response ,it's a Karcher 6/16 4 m ,I am having problems in rinsing detergents ( tried different detergents)off from the surface. My cleaning process is apply detergent on low pressure , wait for detergent to react, then I rinse with 40 degree nozzle.when I dry there is a rainbow film (detergent)on the surface.my high pressure washer is electric , cold water, 160 bar

Hi thanx for response ,it's a Karcher 6/16 4 m ,I am having problems in rinsing detergents ( tried different detergents)off from the surface. My cleaning process is apply detergent on low pressure , wait for detergent to react, then I rinse with 40 degree nozzle.when I dry there is a rainbow film (detergent)on the surface.my high pressure washer is electric , cold water, 160 bar

• 1 year later...

I've just bought a Karcher K2.360 120 bar, I'm dead impressed with it, it's take the paint off an entire wall, sprayed rat poo all over the soi and nearly taken the skin off my toes when I forgot I was using a high pressure washer and not a simple hose, but now I want to use it to clean the tiles in my yard, I've already tried and it takes most of the old dirt and mould off, but there's something that's still not coming off, I think it might be old dog wee, anyhow, I was wondering what detergent is recommended? I nearly squeezed some washing up liquid into the detergent reservoir, before thinking it best to ask here for any recent experiences ?

@Paul12345  It does sound like a detergent issue unless the water supply is particularly bad, where are you?

EDIT I just noticed that the early part of the thread is from 2016 ?

@MaiDong A squirt of washing-up liquid will shift most stuff that's not soaked in. Will the "dog wee" come off with some washing-up liquid and a scouring pad?

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

@MaiDong A squirt of washing-up liquid will shift most stuff that's not soaked in. Will the "dog wee" come off with some washing-up liquid and a scouring pad?

I haven't tried yet, I'm avoiding any manual work whatsoever, apart from pointing the nozzle of my new favourite toy ?

I might ask my Wife to give it a scrub.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MaiDong said:

Bump!

I'm still curious as to what I can use as detergent for my pressure washer...

I use Makro liquid soap in the pressure washer to clean trucks and dirt bike. Most washers inject downstream through a venturi that begins working when you lower spray nozzle pressure so no worry about pump damage. Do not use chemicals on the pump inlet side unless absolutely sure they are pump safe.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 10:48 AM, Fruit Trader said:

I use Makro liquid soap in the pressure washer to clean trucks and dirt bike. Most washers inject downstream through a venturi that begins working when you lower spray nozzle pressure so no worry about pump damage. Do not use chemicals on the pump inlet side unless absolutely sure they are pump safe.

Do you mean that the detergent tank is after the pump?

Even on this model? https://www.kaercher.com/my/home-garden/pressure-washers/k-2-360-16016860.html

Edited by MaiDong

7 hours ago, MaiDong said:

Do you mean that the detergent tank is after the pump?

Even on this model? https://www.kaercher.com/my/home-garden/pressure-washers/k-2-360-16016860.html

If your spray lance has a low pressure mixing position that initiates injection then its almost certain chemicals are drawn in after the pump using the built in suction tube or tank. The operating manual should give a clue.