Thai massage oil massage

Kenny202

Been to a couple of local places here. None speak English much apart from 200 baht Thai massage, 400 baht oil massage. Whats the difference? Last time I got an oil massage I came home and nearly slipped over on the front step with oily feet and the missus wanted to know why the water was beading off my chest in the shower.

LOL, did you have a happy ending?

The difference is the nornal massage is ok, the oil massage is nothing but a sales gimmick.

PS, I dont want "pretties" or anyone under 50 giving me a massage, way to many charlatans around, be advised they can ferk you up real time, been there done that.

Where is 200 baht massage, in Bangkok you can still get 100 baht per hour.

Anyone that thinks there's little difference between a Thai massage and an oil massage must have never been in a legit massage place.

I only ever seem to find legit massage places, even on Suk Rd Bangkok. The ones who did offer any extra service wanted ridiculous prices and we're really bottom shelf. I'd rather they spend 30 mins massaging one small area than an hour breaking their back (and mine!). Win win I reckon

My issue with so called oil massage in Thailand is that what I really want is REAL SWEDISH massage, and the general oil massage is largely jazzed up greasy Thai massage. I used to like Thai massage but now I detest it. Not talking about extras ... that's another subject area.

Edited by Jingthing

I've never had an oil massage that was remotely like a Thai massage. You must be going to some shoddy places.

you keep making the same remark SB but don't qualify your comments. Are u saying an oil massage is better / different than a thai massage or vice versa. My post was asking essentially that

Most of them are just smearing oil on your body, not massaging it (some with the aim of getting Percy to wake up). But one lady I have found on the darkside does do a very good oil massage - best yet, no funny business. She knows the right way to get at the muscles in the legs and arms and back - I always feel bloody good after a visit to her. Anyone interested, PM me - I'm happy to pass on some business to her as I'd hate to see her move on to another place.

In my experience, yes there's more "relaxation" rubbing but they always incorporate Thai massage techniques as well.

I want 100 percent Swedish by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

No luck.

That's a specific thing ... not just rubbing around with grease.

Edited by Jingthing

I've never had an oil massage that was remotely like a Thai massage. You must be going to some shoddy places.

you keep making the same remark SB but don't qualify your comments. Are u saying an oil massage is better / different than a thai massage or vice versa. My post was asking essentially that

It's like comparing apples and oranges. A Thai massage is a completely different experience to an oil massage.

Go to a decent spa and try one of each if you want to know the difference.

It's like comparing apples and oranges. A Thai massage is a completely different experience to an oil massage.

you do this every post. Come on with a lot of rhetoric like you know all the answers, sarcastic one liners but never really say anything? Why do you bother commenting if you don't know or don't want to say? If I wanted to know about apples and oranges I'd go and see the lady sells fruit Edited by Kenny202

you do this every post. Come on with a lot of rhetoric like you know all the answers, sarcastic one liners but never really say anything? Why do you bother commenting if you don't know or don't want to say? If I wanted to know about apples and oranges I'd go and see the lady sells fruit

You asked which was better. Neither is better than the other - They're completely different. If you want to know what they're like, go try one.

Vast difference between the two...one is like a kinesiology/physical therapy treatment & when done right you'll feel a little soreness but energized when finished....

When done wrong you'll feel like you've just been in a car crash for about 3 days.....

A good 2 hour Thai massage once in awhile is a healthy & good thing....

What I like is a good 1 hour Thai massage followed by a good 2 hour oil massage.....Good for what ails you....

It is said that Thai massage is like yoga being performed on you. In fact it is called Thai Yoga massage in LA. My wife owns a shop there.

An oil massage is oil being rubbed on you. Whether the massage is good or not depends on the therapist.