Nong kai things to do

Kenny202

Nong Khai is a pleasant, quiet provincial town with a few farang restaurants and many Thai restaurants in the town and along the Mekong every night. I took this video of the Saturday night market along the Mekong. There are glimpses of the river and the Friendship Bridge to Laos.

Lets hope it stays quiet.

is the Saturday night market still on? Anyone know what time it opens?

Which one is the friendship bridge?

Is that the main border post crossing bridge?

Nong Khai is a pleasant, quiet provincial town with a few farang restaurants and many Thai restaurants in the town and along the Mekong every night. I took this video of the Saturday night market along the Mekong. There are glimpses of the river and the Friendship Bridge to Laos.

Lets hope it stays quiet.

Bit confused? Is the Saturday night market in the same area as the Indochine market? Just busier on Saturday night?

Anyone know what time the Saturday market kicks off?

Is this also called the Sadet Pier market or is that a different one again

GARYZX6R, when where you last there? I went in January after an 8yr absence & have to say it's dead as a doornail since back then. LESS bars/girls but more value accommodation. After 4 days I was bored shitless.

Four days in Nongkers really , you deserve a Gong .wai2.gif

Just had a couple of days in Nong Khai. Can highly reccomend "park and pool resort". Lovely pool, gardens and awesome free American breakfast. That riverside market seems to be getting sadder every trip. Try the Viet cafe about mid way along the markets. Looks like a coffee shop but actually quite big inside and have a big menu of real Vina food...(not like the other big place). Went with the Mrs so didn't see much of the bars etc but jesus....a 30 min walk through the markets or in a restaurant I'm sure would yield results. Very friendly ladies, so many different varieties and many speak some English. All seemed keen as Mustard so much so the missus was in a constant mood haha. Particularly wen 2 ran out and grabbed my arm and asked me to be their boyfriend and go eat with them. They didn't realise the missus was lurking 10 steps behind and how close they came to death...

Apart from that yeah....wouldn't like to be stuck there for days. Had quite a few ordinary feeds there and in some of the reccomended farang restaurants. Surely you local blokes have better options than that? Apart from that yeah strange place in some ways. Some of the local sellers a bit aggressive. More used to farang and tourists I spose. I get the feeling wouldn't be too hard to find trouble there if u went looking for it or put yourself in the wrong place

Edited by Kenny202

Apart from that yeah....wouldn't like to be stuck there for days. Had quite a few ordinary feeds there and in some of the reccomended farang restaurants. Surely you local blokes have better options than that? Apart from that yeah strange place in some ways. Some of the local sellers a bit aggressive. More used to farang and tourists I spose. I get the feeling wouldn't be too hard to find trouble there if u went looking for it or put yourself in the wrong place (quote ]

Nongkers , is a far safer place than Udon , aka Agro Ville ,

best avoided after 11 pm, b4 the farlang piss head brigade , kick in ,

Sad but true .

Apart from that yeah....wouldn't like to be stuck there for days. Had quite a few ordinary feeds there and in some of the reccomended farang restaurants. Surely you local blokes have better options than that? Apart from that yeah strange place in some ways. Some of the local sellers a bit aggressive. More used to farang and tourists I spose. I get the feeling wouldn't be too hard to find trouble there if u went looking for it or put yourself in the wrong place (quote ]

Nongkers , is a far safer place than Udon , aka Agro Ville ,

best avoided after 11 pm, b4 the farlang piss head brigade , kick in ,

Sad but true .

The cheaper rents will always attract low class farang. Same the world over

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

The main attraction in Nong kai for me, is the noodle ped/duck stall @ Indo Chine market , 40 bht .

Thank for confirming its not worth the drive!
I enjoy Nong Khai, i enjoy the restaurants, the view, indochina market, I stay Udon, I go up to Nong Khai twice a month, just sayin, Where are you driving from, sorry if I missed it Edited by Ireland32

The main attraction in Nong kai for me, is the noodle ped/duck stall @ Indo Chine market , 40 bht .

I wouldn't say main attraction, but I agree the duck noodle stall is very tasty. I like Nong Khai and go there at least once a month.

Thank for confirming its not worth the drive!

A visit , to Nong Kai ,

can be cost effective after 4 pm , you have a double portion ,

of super delicous Noodle ped . duck , price , same same ,

Broaden your horizons ,

Your , wife , will be pleasantly , surprised ,444.

Edited by elliss

Probably too late for your trip now, but there is still a beach about 10 - 20 klicks towards Tha Bo I believe. You know when you get there because all the tourists are trying to park their SUVs in what should be the middle of nowhere. The big lilos, water wings, and general other beach paraphernalia they are carrying gives it away a little, so not much of a secret.

The Tasadet market goes quiet about 4pm but there are loads of other places to go, restaurants etc., on Saturday there is the outdoor market that goes on until about 9pm. There are some great thai places with live bands that go on until about 1am, I know of at least 3 Issan country pubs which are really fun if you like that sort of thing. If not, the farang bars are pretty empty right now, so you can pretty much play whatever music you want, and maybe with whoever you want ( I am talking about pool obviously).

If you explore, you will find the places.