1 month accommodation ?

cornishcarlos

Hi,

I am planning to attend Duke Language school for a month and will need some accommodation.

Can anyone suggest somewhere, either close to Asoke/Nana or on the BTS line not too far away.

Cheap hotel or self contained unit would be good. Price range to 10k ?

Many thanks

go to Agoda...get a hotel....by the time you pay 10 thb for electric with a shiity a/c and water, and cleaning, and a two months deposit, that may be gone...your 10 will be 15++. Try to find an all inclusive monthly rate...or pay a little more...decent hotels are 6-900 per night in that area...I like Nantra 39 with free breakfast....stay on the outskirts; pay less, then give it back in BTS fares and other transport..let alone time.

Grand President Soi 11 gives a monthly rate of not much over 1000 baht per day for renting their apartments (building 3 opposite the main hotel.) This is inclusive of services (ie. water, electricity. wi-fi) and includes a room make-up/change twice (I believe) per week.

The hotel laundry service is also available, along with pool and fitness centre.

The ground floor of b3 has a bar and restaurant which are also good (Old German Beerhouse,) if slightly on the expensive side, slightly.

Sorry bit upon your price range ... just re-read, but this option is good value, IMO.

Edited by Beechboy

Actually it's almost doable, Liberty place on soi 22 is a couple mins walk to Asok BTS for 12k baht, they do 1 month stays.

http://www.libplace.com/EN/ Ignore the rates on the website, a friend stayed there recently for 12k. Studio room, 13k deposit.

Aravinda living home is 12k a month, walkable to Ekkamai BTS. http://www.aravindabangkok.com/ 10k deposit.

Edited by jspill

I forget the name but there is an apartment complex about 50 meters from the Thong Lo BTS (Even Soi side of Suk.) that has banners advertising B10,000/mo. You can see it standing on the BTS platform.

I know they add extras on for fridge and TV, & high elect rate so using ac would be expensive but for a month not bad if you are careful. Lots of good street food close by so no real need for fridge.

The Omni Condo and the Nana Condo, both on Soi 4 rent by the month...15,000 and up.

Twenty guys will now post that they are undesirable because they are full of "Arabs" but friends who have stayed there have had no problems.

Libplace says 25K depost....otherwise 6 for electric is good for that kind of place....probably give you a better rate/deposit if you are clean cut/white, not a backpacker. I have concluded that the hotels have much nicer rooms for people they declare fit...others are stuck in crappy rooms. The reviews on TA support this. Night and day reviews...Backpackers are also known to carry bedbugs, etc..so that is why they may get quarantined.

"Libplace says 25K depost....otherwise 6 for electric is good for that kind of place....probably give you a better rate/deposit if you are clean cut/white, not a backpacker. I have concluded that the hotels have much nicer rooms for people they declare fit...others are stuck in crappy rooms. The reviews on TA support this. Night and day reviews...Backpackers are also known to carry bedbugs, etc..so that is why they may get quarantined."

That must be why I'm always upgraded to the Presidential Suite!

Case in point...this hotel on SOi 4...arab world...I took a risk, got a package deal with air asia, and it included three nights....room was great...the maid took me to my room...nothing needed to be done...beautiful bath-tub...then I read a review on TA a week later...this woman claims it was the worst hotel in the world....the arabs don't like white women, unless they are selling them, and something tells me this girl and her bf were trashpackers...there were several Africans in the lobby, but they were well behaved guys...unlike some of the African prossies on Sukhumvit..way too aggressive. There also seems to be this conspiracy by the femminazis to give horrific review to anything and everything in the red light zones, where old men can be seen with women half their age..but they love some of these grotesque places on KSR not fit for a dog.

Libplace says 25K depost....otherwise 6 for electric is good for that kind of place....probably give you a better rate/deposit if you are clean cut/white, not a backpacker. I have concluded that the hotels have much nicer rooms for people they declare fit...others are stuck in crappy rooms. The reviews on TA support this. Night and day reviews...Backpackers are also known to carry bedbugs, etc..so that is why they may get quarantined.

Bad English on their website, they mean to say 25k up front, of which 12k is the first months rent in advance, 13k deposit.

I did say to ignore the website and that my friend just stayed there recently.

I forget the name but there is an apartment complex about 50 meters from the Thong Lo BTS (Even Soi side of Suk.) that has banners advertising B10,000/mo. You can see it standing on the BTS platform.

SK Tower

Well living on the cheap gets you an interesting neighborhood...consider your safety and quality of life... that is what you want?

10 K... a challenge...especially in that area...

Cheers..find a medium price place for a week, then ask your classmates or your so called instructors...

Well living on the cheap gets you an interesting neighborhood...consider your safety and quality of life... that is what you want?

10 K... a challenge...especially in that area...

Cheers..find a medium price place for a week, then ask your classmates or your so called instructors...

This is how every thread like this goes :)

- people scoff and say you can't find places for that price

- others link several places for that price

- people scoff and say oh but would you really want to live there

Meanwhile the OP didn't say he needed a nice place or neighborhood, in fact he implies anything half decent is fine ('cheap hotel or self contained unit')

And it's only for 1 month temporarily

And the neighborhood doesn't matter he just wants to be close to his school

I did say to ignore the website and that my friend just stayed there recently.

you said "ignore the rates"......you didn't say to ignore info about deposit and the entire website.