What's the benefit of a Curved TV screen

skippybangkok

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw a 62" curved 4k smart TV from LG at Powerbuy for 40,000 baht. Makes me scratch my head at how much better a 250,000 baht unit must be. Maybe you can crawl inside it and join the action?

Yes I would like a detailed explanation about this too , what makes the technology so expensive in some models ?

If its just not enough of them produced then let's wait , the prices will drop to the bottom within 24 months.

There are neither 62 or 68 inch tvs in Thailand. The numbers are 55, 60, 65 and 78.

And again you didnt pay attention. The price difference between a 60 (65) and a 78 is enormous.

Btw I seriously doubt that 65 inch is that cheap unless its a demo model (those prices ending on a '4').

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sniffdog

There are neither 62 or 68 inch tvs in Thailand. The numbers are 55, 60, 65 and 78.

And again you didnt pay attention. The price difference between a 60 (65) and a 78 is enormous.

Btw I seriously doubt that 65 inch is that cheap unless its a demo model (those prices ending on a '4').

According to LCDTV Thailand, the cheapest 65" UHD LG tv is 69.900 Baht, and their prices are very accurate

http://www.lcdtvthailand.com/spec.php

Actually when I was looking for a new TV three months ago, I had my eye on a demo 65 uhd lg (smart but no 3d) fot 47,994 baht.

Btw there are cheaper sources than lcdtv thailand. Google.

Edited by sniffdog

According to LCDTV Thailand, the cheapest 65" UHD LG tv is 69.900 Baht, and their prices are very accurate

Well it was 20,000 baht off and it was on sale at 44,000. It was curved, I was watching a show on it.

I apologize for not being precise. I only decided to mention it many hours after I had seen it.

My point was about what you can get for a fraction of the price of the model in the OP. And a 65" curved 4K TV is a lot of TV for a fifth of the price of the 78", which is also near half price if the sign is to be believed.

Even BigC (via their website) sells them for less than what you see on LCDThailand.

For example, the LG 65UF850T is 62,000 baht.

As for OLED TVs, PowerBuy frequently offers a promotion on the older model 55" with curved panel for about 60,000. Still more expensive than in the US (sale priced between 1,300 and 1,600 USD, or 45,500-56,000 baht).

Personally, I'm holding out for a 55" 4K OLED. Prices will be dropping sharply over the next 24 months.

I've had a reflect look at curved screen TVs, to me the benefit was not clear so I checked what the manufacture are claiming they give "immersive viewing".

Other interesting stuff is you need to be in Sweetspot to gain the best view, meaning you have to be equal distance from each part of the screen, that's an issue for me as our current 55" is viewed from several areas, on the couch and breakfast bar.

It's suggested you need 50"++ for best viewing conditions, this is interesting as independent tests on 4K suggest the benefit also comes with larger screens.

It's not clear if the curved screen will replace the flat as standard I think the market will decide.

My conclusion is that you have to think about your viewing needs and only buy a 50"++ if you are convinced, have to say I'm not.

I've had a reflect look at curved screen TVs, to me the benefit was not clear so I checked what the manufacture are claiming they give "immersive viewing".

Other interesting stuff is you need to be in Sweetspot to gain the best view, meaning you have to be equal distance from each part of the screen, that's an issue for me as our current 55" is viewed from several areas, on the couch and breakfast bar.

It's suggested you need 50"++ for best viewing conditions, this is interesting as independent tests on 4K suggest the benefit also comes with larger screens.

It's not clear if the curved screen will replace the flat as standard I think the market will decide.

My conclusion is that you have to think about your viewing needs and only buy a 50"++ if you are convinced, have to say I'm not.

My wife was not convinced and a bit upset at me spending that much money on a 4k UHD 55 inch TV. After a week I asked her how much better than our 48 inch Samsung 1080p.

She said 100% better and she almost never admits she was wrong.

Like I said before I have a curved screen hd 34 inch monitor which I watch from the middle at close range but for the living room I picked a flat screen because it views better from all angles - that and they didn't offer a curved screen in the model I wanted. I bought it as much for the processing engine which performs thousands of adjustments every second to dynamically enhance resolution, color and brightness which the cheaper models didn't have. It's not just the 4k content - any content looks better.