Is anybody interested to upgrade his/her existing BA in Chiang Mai area?

The Khurusapha doesn't issue uncountable waiver, or provisional teacher's licenses anymore.

If you're living in Chiang Mai area and you'd like to "upgrade" your existing BA, there's a possibility to enroll in a Dip Ed that for-fills the

requirements of Kurhusapha ( TCT) Bangkok to get you a full TL.

The institution that does these courses would run a course in CM if at least 15 applicants are interested and sign up for such a course.

The course is only two terms and quite affordable. One term is 27,500 baht and it's possible to pay in monthly installments of 5 K.

Should anybody be interested please send me a message and I'll get you in touch with the woman who's doing the enrollment.

There're no hidden fees and many ( Farang) teachers have already received their teacher's license.

Please be aware that I'm not doing any advertisement for the university, I'm also in the middle of such a course and just finished my first term.

Right now there're courses in Bangkok and Nakhon Ratchasima, but when you're living in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, or Mae Hing Son, etc.. it

seems to be a great opportunity to continue teaching in Thailand. wai2.gif

More information here.

thailandteaching.asia/threads/ifugao-in-northern-thailand-if-more-than-15-students.62708/

One would think that the school would have a website that explains the process, thoroughly, Especially in a place where a wrong date or typo can result in 30 hours on a bus for nothing. I would be interested in a solid program like this in CM. I'm not interested in Filipino shenanigans...hiding the facts, etc.. I think if you were a US Citizen with a degree from a US Uni, then did this as a post-baccalaureate B.Ed, you would not be employable in a US public school system.

What's the latest on that program in BKK? "Bongsuk" we can call it. Last I checked; the program had broken away from the main college, students were left in serious limbo...lots of unanswered calls and emails, and then one of the biggest con-artists in the business reared his ugly head.

More information here.

thailandteaching.asia/threads/ifugao-in-northern-thailand-if-more-than-15-students.62708/

One would think that the school would have a website that explains the process, thoroughly, Especially in a place where a wrong date or typo can result in 30 hours on a bus for nothing. I would be interested in a solid program like this in CM. I'm not interested in Filipino shenanigans...hiding the facts, etc.. I think if you were a US Citizen with a degree from a US Uni, then did this as a post-baccalaureate B.Ed, you would not be employable in a US public school system.

What's the latest on that program in BKK? "Bongsuk" we can call it. Last I checked; the program had broken away from the main college, students were left in serious limbo...lots of unanswered calls and emails, and then one of the biggest con-artists in the business reared his ugly head.

You're obviously talking about a different institution. BTW, did you read anything that you'd be entitled to teach in the States? ( Maybe you are)

Isn't it called Thai Visa Forum?

What I've read is on the State Certification websites.....in one case...if you are a foreigner, and went to a foreign school, you are certifiable. If you are an American, and did the required teaching courses out of the US; you are not. They would give you PK-12 Substitute Certificate with any four year degree and a fingerprint clearance. The difference is about 140K per month vs. 50K per month. Might be worth looking into.

Archived