Singapore youths caught shoplifting in Bangkok but laughing like it is nothing

webfact

Are we punishing the crime or the arrogance? If the shop wanted to they could have sought justice. True to type, the money carried the day. So why defend the Shop? These Singaboreans are smarter than the average TV harrumpher. They treated it like a joke cos thats how justice is here. They get the joke. I agree they should've been locked up.

Due to efficiency and lack of confidence in the RTP. many shopkeepers retailers choose to fine the shoplifters here in thailand more than handing then over to the police. Hence these sg theives got off with a mere 5000 baht fine from the shop owner which is so light compared to the jail sentence in singapore. I have caught shoplifters from my own shop b4 n RTP took forever to answer the phone n didnt even come after the call. After 1 hr n no police in sight, we decided to fine the shoplifters too...

""One of them even asked them fiercely in Thai, "What is so funny!?"

Did the Singaporeans understand Thai?

Probably not. Maybe that is why it was so funny. blink.png

Maybe they were warned about the story being written and couldn't help but laugh.

Singapore would almost certainly give them a Touch or three of the Rattan Cane. We should do the same here, might wipe the smiles off their Backsides.

Then release their Photographs and identities to the SINGAPORE News Media....the shame their families would face might also pull the kids into line.

Edited by Torrens54

Singapore would almost certainly give them a Touch or three of the Rattan Cane. We should do the same here, might wipe the smiles off their Backsides.

Then release their Photographs and identities to the SINGAPORE News Media....the shame their families would face might also pull the kids into line.

The story has made Singapore news now.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/girl-apologizes-making-light-theft-bangkok

The story has made Singapore news now.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/girl-apologizes-making-light-theft-bangkok

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the article seems to indicate the shop owners and security basically strong armed these two girls into buying "the entire stock" of the the type of blouses they stole?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the article seems to indicate the shop owners and security basically strong armed these two girls into buying "the entire stock" of the the type of blouses they stole?

Or so it would seem. I've read here somewhere several times about making them pay 10 fold of that the stolen item is worth....but if they actually were made to buy the entire stock for the standard price, aka no punishment per se....

.....no wonder they were laughing.

• 2 weeks later...