Chiang Mai soldier sees red over 79 baht fried rice

webfact

Depends what kind of place it was. If it was just on the street without any prices or menu, then he might have a point if it wasn't anything different to other 30-40 baht places.

Just because there's a menu doesn't always mean you have to accept it. Think about the crazy prices that were being charged on the beach at Pattaya and Hua Hin. Once the menus with the prices went on social media, they were brought under control. The rent for the pitch might be high but I reckon this guys probably knows what his street food's worth.

what really gets me is the 90 baht for a small bottle of water that some restaurants charge,

I don't know of any restaurant that charges 90 baht for a small bottle of water.

Where would these restaurants be located?

what really gets me is the 90 baht for a small bottle of water that some restaurants charge,

I don't know of any restaurant that charges 90 baht for a small bottle of water.

Where would these restaurants be located?

Probably on the top floor of State Tower.

tongue.png

Tell me about it buddy, I too feel the same every time I pay silly money for simple Thai dish that cost

nothing to buy and make, and all this from people who never pays one baht in taxes, rent and outgoing

unlike all of us here......

No one is forcing or twisting your arm into buying it. If you're not satisfied with the price, go home and make it yourself.

Senior military man, good salary.

Problem was he was expecting to get a free meal, but did not happen.

He went to the police, what a prick, thinks he is better than others because of his rank.

Charge him for leaving without paying, jumped up little ....

What a dumb statement! Someone standing up for the right thing and you have a statement like that. Hope when you get screwed nexttime you say I am a farang I can afford a300% pricing and I am aware I desrve it for teh fact I make money.

How is what he has done the right thing. If that is the standard price in that shop, then he should have checked the menu to see if he wanted to order it.

Personally I think sending a shop boy to deal with him at the police station was a stroke of genius.

Methinks the general should check the price of his meal before ordering in person.

The entitled ass should have been made to pay the bill and compensate the shop for time wasted.

Tell me about it buddy, I too feel the same every time I pay silly money for simple Thai dish that cost

nothing to buy and make, and all this from people who never pays one baht in taxes, rent and outgoing

No one is forcing or twisting your arm into buying it. If you're not satisfied with the price, go home and make it yourself.

There are price restrictions on all sorts of items in Thailand, some on that list are simple Thai meals.

Edited by MissAndry

There are price restrictions on all sorts of items in Thailand, some on that list are simple Thai meals.

Is fried rice with an egg on that list?

Spoken like a true victim.

Perhaps next time take the trouble to ask the price before you order.

As for rent taxes and outgoing, I am assuming you are familiar with this specific vendor otherwise the rest of your post is baseless speculation.

"Instead of paying the bill the senior military man took the bill and the money to the Chang Pheuak station and asked officers to call in the shop owner to explain why it was so much, reported Sanook."

I just can't understand why Thailand and its government is in such a mess? facepalm.gif

Senior military man, good salary.

Problem was he was expecting to get a free meal, but did not happen.

He went to the police, what a prick, thinks he is better than others because of his rank.

Charge him for leaving without paying, jumped up little ....

What a dumb statement! Someone standing up for the right thing and you have a statement like that. Hope when you get screwed nexttime you say I am a farang I can afford a300% pricing and I am aware I desrve it for teh fact I make money.

How is what he has done the right thing. If that is the standard price in that shop, then he should have checked the menu to see if he wanted to order it.

Personally I think sending a shop boy to deal with him at the police station was a stroke of genius.

Methinks the general should check the price of his meal before ordering in person.

The entitled ass should have been made to pay the bill and compensate the shop for time wasted.

He probably didnt check as he expected to get it for free anyway.