PM Prayut urges people to continue to conserve water

webfact

PM urges people to continue to conserve water

BANGKOK, 21 June 2016 (NNT)-Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged people to abide by the government’s water management plan in order to promote the sustainable development of water resources.

The Prime Minister recently had the opportunity to give an opening speech at the ‘Thailand Sustainable Water Management Forum 2016’ where he said climate change affects water supplies worldwide. It is a global issue and the world needs an effective management plan.

General Prayut added Thais are fortunate to have the guidance of His Majesty the King whose endeavors and perseverance have motivated them to approach water shortages in a sustainable manner.

The Prime Minister also admitted that, due to some legal limitations, it remains difficult for the government to deal with certain water management issues directly.

With risks and impacts taken into account, the government has devised a plan that will ensure sufficient water for domestic consumption until 2022. Despite the plan, General Prayut encouraged Thai people to continue to conserve and use water wisely.

The forum was organized as a joint endeavor between Utokapat Foundation Under the Royal Patronage of H.M. The King, Siam Cement Group and the Thai Journalists Association to raise awareness of the importance of water resources.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-21 footer_n.gif

My local reservoirs are still virtually empty. The smallest of the 3 had major work done to increase holding capacity. .It's going to take some serious, constant rain to fill them, and I'm hoping the predicted heavy rains in August/September, come to pass.

I suspect we'll get to about 50% capacity in my area, people will get complacent and, by the end of next dry season, we'll be in the same boat we are in now.

"The Prime Minister also admitted that, due to some legal limitations, it remains difficult for the government to deal with certain water management issues directly."

I can't for the life of me imagine what these might be (unless they are talking about cross border relations). But hey, isn't there an article #44 or something like that?

One can only interpret the legal limitations as fait accompli Prime Minister , the government should have no legal limitations on a natural resource ,wherever that resource maybe, when it comes down to water management the Government has a responsibility to their people to ensure that there is sufficient supplies, for some reason or another this has not been forthcoming with successive administrations and it seems the Junta is no exception , to pull a legal limitations excuse, you either explain further or don't refer to this problem at all , I understand the inference of legal limitations and what it refers to , but not everyone does...........................coffee1.gif

One can only interpret the legal limitations as fait accompli Prime Minister , the government should have no legal limitations on a natural resource ,wherever that resource maybe, when it comes down to water management the Government has a responsibility to their people to ensure that there is sufficient supplies, for some reason or another this has not been forthcoming with successive administrations and it seems the Junta is no exception , to pull a legal limitations excuse, you either explain further or don't refer to this problem at all , I understand the inference of legal limitations and what it refers to , but not everyone does...........................coffee1.gif

I do not understand what the legal limitations are. Could you explain briefly?

Thought maybe it was a reference to land issues wrt building more dams. Maybe China's hording of water upstream.

Isn't there a flood on some roads in Bangkok right now ?

Great water management !

Go right ahead, and fill your water bottles from the road. Enjoy !

You can flush your toilet with it , spray the lawn ,rice fields....

Some of you I am sure just spew your fingers without thinking

eg. ezzra hundreds of countries ONLY get their water from precipitation

BuaBS And where would you like to store it in a city 1metre above sea level?

IF there was good water management , they would pump it away to reservoirs , dams,...purify it.

It's nearly always the same places in Bangkok ( ot Pattaya) , where there is flooding after serious rain.

Quote from an article I just read:

Flooding blocked streets, closed schools and created enormous traffic jams in Bangkok on Tuesday morning.

Persistent overnight rain and poor sewer maintenance combined to "affect" 30 roads, many of which were impassable, said the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA).

The governor gave an overview his Facebook page (Sukhumbhand.P), most of which had been previously published by other agencies. He refuses to use the word "flood", insisting it is "water waiting to be drained".
CLASSIC!!

PM ought to take a ride across town in his armed to the teeth motorcade with a representative from the state-owned oil company, and see how they process and store a valuable resource.

Water? Not worth the trouble. A matter of priorities and profit. The sheeple can be pacified with double-speak bullshit, stalling until the rains come and then all is forgotten. Until the next dry season and it all starts again, like it's the very first time.

BKK oil storage facility. Probably costs less than a high speed train to nowhere.

post-134393-0-98761200-1466571628_thumb.