Caught on tape - swords drawn in daylight road rage in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only really big, brave men, carry weapons like the sword this samurai brandished on the highway. Wow. I am impressed. What a man! What courage under fire. What a demonstration of masculinity. His mother must be very proud of the elegant man she raised.

road rage can and does happen anywhere in the world but bringing out swords to sort this issue is another matter.tends to make us feel insecure whenever we are on the road.

should cases like these go viral. yes for the sake of public education and awareness.

Well, if nothing else, this is a good reason to not wear flip flops. They are not very good for running.

I think it is against the law to walk in bare feet on any Thai Highway.

The police should charge him. Forget about the 3 foot knife; that is not important.

What was written a few posts ago is correct. If you carry a baseball bat you better also have a mit and a few balls. As the eay the law is written here you can get in a lot of trouble. Its all about intent......If its deemed the bat is for protection than u are in deep shit. If it is used as an item you jist happened to have that you decided to grab at a moment for self protection your ok....Well unless you have mangled people with it and your the aggresor....

I have seen a similar altercation before, back in 2011 or so. Didn't have a dashcam at the time, but the way it unfolded was so similar. Pickup truck delivery driver was hit by an old 6-wheeler truck like the one in the clip. Delivery driver tried to force his way into the truck driver's cab but didn't get very far. Or at least I'm not sure because after a couple of mins, traffic started moving again while the 2 drivers kept battling it out. This was on Sri Nakharin road in Samut Prakan, heading north.

Road rage is a worldwide phenomenon as another poster correctly pointed out. In my experience though, it's a lot less common in Thailand than in western countries. I've been a victim of road rage related abuse in Australia and especially the USA on a couple of occasions, but never in Thailand or elsewhere in Asia. I drive an average of 40,000km a year in Thailand and have driven cars in China, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar (only in the border area), Cambodia and Malaysia.

Well, if nothing else, this is a good reason to not wear flip flops. They are not very good for running.

I think it is against the law to walk in bare feet on any Thai Highway.

The police should charge him. Forget about the 3 foot knife; that is not important.

Police! What police???

Heavy goods vehicles blocking the highway, probably a tail back too yet not one clown-in-brown to be seen.

'Oh but, but, but they are so poor, they have to buy their own cars and weapons. Is it any wonder that they're all corrupt and don't work hard? Pathetic.

Let's just hope it's not too much for the C-I-B to trace the vehicle plates back to these goons and actually arrest and charge them.

Edited by lostmebike

They still use tape?

Copywriter must be using very old English book to use phrase "caught on tape". Probably safe to say no one uses tape anymore. "Hey honey, where is the slot to shove this VHS cassette into my Samsung Galaxy?"

Seen all around the world now days, drivers feel the need for protections from lunatics and madmen, gone has the curtsey and kindness, in come the bullies and crazies... just make sure you don't bring a sward

to a gun fight.......

Certainly not in the UK as you get up to 5 years for carrying a weapon, so the sweeping statement isn't true and not justification as you are attempting. Do not try and justify this savage and childish behavior.

Try that 5 year sentence here and you would have to build a lot more jails.

What a timely video in this world debating gun violence ... did anyone notice something here?

YOU CAN OUT RUN A KNIFE ! (It really IS that simple)

At the end of the day ... filed under "No Blood, No Foul"

In the USA .. with a gun .. this may have had a very different outcome.

Too many hotheads out in the streets. Probably with small penisses.

I just googled it, and you are right, they have the 2nd smallest by country. Also the second worst death rate on the roads, so could be a correlation there too.

I was reading a news report some time ago where the reporter was explaining his experiences as he traveled through Thailand.

His last comments were.

"Never before have I seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. There is a single redeeming feature, it has airports."

"Never before have I seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

And some ordinary Thai citizenry can be like that also! whistling.gif

Seen all around the world now days, drivers feel the need for protections from lunatics and madmen, gone has the curtsey and kindness, in come the bullies and crazies... just make sure you don't bring a sward

to a gun fight.......

Certainly not in the UK as you get up to 5 years for carrying a weapon, so the sweeping statement isn't true and not justification as you are attempting. Do not try and justify this savage and childish behavior.
In the UK criminals carry weapons but non criminals cannot- even to defend themselves. Women are not allowed to carry pepper spray and Cub scouts cannot carry their knives and householders are not even allowed a baseball bat for defensive purposes.Typical British nanny state overkill. Anyway there is no automatic 5 years-thank God.

Where did the fat <deleted> with the white shirt come from.

The Thai version on Santa clause in the red shirt with his stubby little dwarf in the white shirt

You just described the red shirt leader to a Tee.

Disgraceful bigoted comment irrelevant to thread. Go home.