How Quick To Get Married In Thailand Re Visa For Wife For Saudi?

Tolley

How quickly can you get married in Thailand?

What documents do you need?

Is using an agency a better option?

Finally, does anyone know if the marriange licence has to be translated into Arabic for someone seeking to take their wife to Saudi?

The first step would be to consult your embassy.

For a legal marriage, the Thai authorities require a certificate of "ability to marry" issued by the foreigner's home country. Your embassy should have the details of how to apply for this certificate, and which documents you will need.

It takes a few weeks to gather the documents, translate them, legalize the certificate of "ability to marry" with the Thai ministry of foreign affairs, and then do the marriage certificate proper.

Chok dee.

Others can do in a day. What your Embassy requires and how long they take will be the main consideration as all other actions (translation to Thai/registration at MFA/registration of marriage) can be done in a matter of hours with extra cash.

How quickly can you get married in Thailand?

What documents do you need?

Is using an agency a better option?

Finally, does anyone know if the marriange licence has to be translated into Arabic for someone seeking to take their wife to Saudi?

:D

That can be a long process.

First, what is your nationality? If you are U.S. citizen, go to the U.S. embessy consulate section. They have a detailed fact sheet which will tell you all the stepd requireed to get married, to register the marriage with them, and lits all the documents and translations needed. They do a lot of marriages. Should take a minimum of 2 weeks, for the entire process, but that depends on how fast you/she can get the required documents. Have to get some from the Thai government also.

Secondly, taking your wife to Saudi. When I was there we had some people get married and try to bring their wife to Saudi. It depends on having a married position slot for your job. Frankly, if you are in a single status slot position you will have a difficult time bringing your wife. If the company you are working for is wiling to sponsor you for a married status slot, it is possible that you can bring your wife. Will have to go through the Saudi consulate. I would guess a minimum of a month, but documentation is critical. Frankly, the Saudis don't want foriegn women in Saudi.

You should think carefully about taking your wife to Saudi. Unless she knows what she is getting into it can be a very bad experience. I don't recommend it for a foriegner.

Sorry to give you that info, but wish you good luck anyhow. With patience, time, and sponsorship it is possible to do. It just takes time.

:o

As I said, the marriage can be done in a day if, like the US Embassy, they provide paper immediately.

The US Embassy requires you fill out a one page form letter and if you are single only your passport is required. They notarize the paper. End of Embassy involvement. You do not register anything with them. You take paper and have Thai translation made and translation service, or you, take to Ministry of Foreign Affairs who register it (can be done in a matter of a few hours). With that paper you and spouse visit a District Office with your passport, her id, and register the marriage. The marriage process takes very little time. At District Office you should have two witness to sign and someone with degree to translate paper you have to sign but most will have someone available for a small fee if you forget.

Thanks for the comments. I am Australian.

As for Saudi I worked there for 10 years and know the score.

I have a married contract but will be living in Bahrain in any case and driving across the causeway each day so she will be staying in Bahrain.

Can i start the ball rolling in Australia as i am going to Thailand but only have about 10 days to do all the paperwork if that is possible.

Cheers

Talk to your companys Admin dept about what's required for the Saudi Visa.

Assuming you already live on a compound in Saudi, why not ask one of the guys with a Thai wife what document translations they needed to bring their wife out.

You could also talk to FIFA (a visa agency) in Khobar about documents needed to bring her out on a privately sponsored visit visa.

I believe her Saudi visa paperwork will need to be processed at the Saudi embassy in Thailand.

If you're going to live in Bahrain you'll need to check what their requirements for a long term visa are too.

Edited by Farma

Thanks for the comments. I am Australian.

As for Saudi I worked there for 10 years and know the score.

I have a married contract but will be living in Bahrain in any case and driving across the causeway each day so she will be staying in Bahrain.

Can i start the ball rolling in Australia as i am going to Thailand but only have about 10 days to do all the paperwork if that is possible.

Cheers

the marriage part can be done in 1 day, I used a translation servive to organise everything

Further information on the Saudi Visa.

If there are no children you only need the Marriage certificate. Be aware there are requrements for medical reports in addition to the documents.

Visa for a wfe from the Far East

If you are married to a Thai, Filipino citizen the following additional actions must be taken in respect of all documentation required to support application:

Documentation requires translation into English and Arabic by an official Translation Office.

This documentation is then presented to the Saudi Arabian Embassy in the Country of your marriage for Notarisation and their official stamp. We are unable to obtain this within Saudi Arabia.

Farma

Thanks for info...I am currently working in Australia but am going back to Saudi on a new contract late December.

It seems like i can get it all done in 10 days as i would prefer she comes with me rather than on her own later on.