Where To Buy Rabbits Or Hamsters

mallmagician

I have rabbits quite a few. My husband allowedthe children to get a male and a female a couple of years ago. Let me assure you it is true what they say about the breeding habits of rabbits :o pm me if you want to arrange to get some.

Anyone know?

Cheers

Phil

There is a Saturday western style flea market opposite McCormick Hospital, right next to Prince Royal College, opened mornings though afternoon. It's a closed off street market with goods that aren't permitted in the Sunday Mkt as they are not really Thai handicrafts. There is a vendor there selling rabbits, gerbils, and hamsters. Or was there three weeks ago when I went.

The Fly Fisherman

Was there Saturday and didn't see any such beasts.

Not surprising for a flea market. (May have been considered too dangerous... Nothing worse than Killer Rabbits! :o )

When I saw them, the vendor was on the SW end of the street, close to the coffee VW microbus, perhaps 2-3 vendors into the street.

I'll be going there again this Saturday, and will look again. Who knows?

The Fly Fisherman

Nothing worse than Killer Rabbits!

indeed! they are especially dangerous when it's dark because of their excellent nightvision . we had all our windows barred and don't dare to eat carrots anymore. it's carrots and human flesh what attracts them most! they also seem to prefer attacking and killing young children.

:o

indeed! they are especially dangerous when it's dark because of their excellent nightvision . we had all our windows barred and don't dare to eat carrots anymore. it's carrots and human flesh what attracts them most! they also seem to prefer attacking and killing young children.

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch : Perfect for use against Killer Rabbits.

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Gonzo the answer man sez

To your question, in all honesty....

For Stewed, none better then The Duke's

Deep Fried, I recommend Miguel's

I found the hamsters to be a bit on the salty side though..... and at King Vix, a little fruity taste... I think too much kumquat [sic]

:D:o

Edited by Gonzo the Face

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

SSE, u high on rabbit food (pellets) or what?

btw. few years back, bought some dwarf hamsters. the seller told me its not in the nature of the dwarf hamsters to bite. got bitten many many times by those bastards. took it to another professional hamster breeder and she was sure as hel_l that these pets were inter breed. something went biserk with the DNA.

buy these pets carefully. u dont want killer rabbits or hamsters, do you?

Yeah, Its killer rabbits Im after, to keep the Soi dogs away from my house. As much inbreeding as possible please!

Seriously though, thanks for all the posts. Not yet decided which furry critter to get yet, but will be sure to check out all of the suggestions.

Cheers

Phil

SSE, u high on rabbit food (pellets) or what?

Nope - I eat rabbits not their pellets. Its a quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Yeah, Its killer rabbits Im after, to keep the Soi dogs away from my house. As much inbreeding as possible please!

:D

Seriously though, thanks for all the posts. Not yet decided which furry critter to get yet, but will be sure to check out all of the suggestions.

Cheers

Phil

I made the same mistake that the rabbit lady did. I got a pair for my kids. The kids convinced me that the hamsters would be happier that way. Rule #1) Never listen to your kids. :D

If you are buying them for your kids and want two, be sure to get two males or two females.

When it comes to hamsters, they take 21 days to gestate, can produce a litter of 6-8 who are ready to breed in three months (assuming their parents don't eat them.) If half are male and half female, after three months we now have 5 females who will produce another litter in 21 days. That's about 40 babies. If half are male. half female, three months later we then have at least 25 females producing about 200 babies in just three weeks.... But of course the previous 5 will have already given birth to two more litters of 40 during that time, so in less than one year you should have enough hamsters to eliminate world hunger. Beats Soylent Green. :o

The Fly Fisherman

Cheers

Phil

I made the same mistake that the rabbit lady did. I got a pair for my kids. The kids convinced me that the hamsters would be happier that way. Rule #1) Never listen to your kids. :D

If you are buying them for your kids and want two, be sure to get two males or two females.

When it comes to hamsters, they take 21 days to gestate, can produce a litter of 6-8 who are ready to breed in three months (assuming their parents don't eat them.) If half are male and half female, after three months we now have 5 females who will produce another litter in 21 days. That's about 40 babies. If half are male. half female, three months later we then have at least 25 females producing about 200 babies in just three weeks.... But of course the previous 5 will have already given birth to two more litters of 40 during that time, so in less than one year you should have enough hamsters to eliminate world hunger. Beats Soylent Green. :D

The Fly Fisherman

bloody well put fisherman. gets pretty scary too when they fight with other offsprings for territorial space. or errr when they eat their dead offspring. it was one experience rearing hamsters. never again. like fisherman said : never listen to your kids. go for a dog instead.

killerrabbitom3.jpg

killerrabbit2mc9.jpg

carrotfg6.gif

:o:D

the killer rabbit at work.

Joke: The Bear, Rabbit, Magic Frog

Once upon a time there was a frog who lived in a lake all by himself. He had been given special powers by a local witch. One day he finally ventured out of the lake to get his first glimpse of the world outside.

The first thing he saw was a bear chasing a rabbit and so he called out

to them and asked them to stop.

Then he said to them: "I am a magical frog and since you are the first

two animals I have ever seen, I am going to grant you both three wishes. You will each take turns using them and you have to use them now."

The bear (being greedy) went first. I would like for every bear in this

forest to be female except for me." A magical sound and it was done.

Then the rabbit. "I would like a helmet." This confused both the frog and the bear, but after a magical sound there was a helmet.

It was the bear's turn again. "I would like for every bear in the

neighboring forest to be female." A magical sound and it was done. The rabbit went again. "I would like a motorcycle."

Both the frog and the bear wondered why the rabbit didn't just ask for a lot of money with which he could buy himself a motorcycle, but after a magical sound there was a motorcycle. The bear took his last wish. "I

would like for all the bears in the world to be female except for me." A magical sound and it was done.

The rabbit then put on his helmet, started up the motorcycle, and said

"I wish the bear was gay" and took off like a bat out of hel_l.

post-29436-1163590981_thumb.jpg

Edited by tigerbeer