Europcar Makes Inroads into Cambodia

geovalin

Europcar, the leading European car rental company, last week officially set up business in Cambodia in a market targeting high-end tourists and foreign businessmen. Europcar Cambodia will be one of the 141 branches worldwide of the international car hire company, said the company’s president Konstantinos Vardakis at its launch last Friday.

“Cambodia has an open sky policy [for airlines], ancient temples with a lot of history and attractive resorts. This attracts lots of European tourists to Cambodia. Because of this, a high-end car rental service catering to Europeans will do well here,” he said. In the first four months of this year a total of 316,220 tourists from Europe visited Cambodia, an increase of 7.5 percent from the same period last year.

“Tourists want to hire modern cars with the latest controls, rather than old used cars,” Mr. Vardakis pointed out. “Europcar Cambodia will offer car rental services to these tourists, including vehicles for family and company tours,” he added. “We will cater for each tourist’s individual need.”

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/26420/europcar-makes-inroads-into-cambodia/

I had the misfortune to hire a standard 4 cyl car from Europecar in Melbourne a few years ago. I booked online and after picking up the car from the airport used it for just one day they had the gall to charge my CC A$160 at the time I used to hire similar cars from a different company in Sydney for A30 per day. I tried everything to get my charges down to a respectable price to no avail. I ended up reporting them to the Fair Trading Dept. Good Luck to anyone that uses their services.