Pound Strengthens.

The GBP has strengthened by about 2.50 Bt to the pound over the last three days.

I think this means that in the polls today, Brexit is not going to happen, the politicians

have frightened the electorate with their lies as usual.

the polls are rigged they will show it as a victory with a razor thin margin so as to make it look real.

As far as I'm concerned that would be the best possible result.

We stay in and don't suffer economically but give the Eurocrats a fright that will lead to reform.

the polls are rigged they will show it as a victory with a razor thin margin so as to make it look real.

As far as I'm concerned that would be the best possible result.

We stay in and don't suffer economically but give the Eurocrats a fright that will lead to reform.

If I really believed that meaningful reform would happen, I would agree 100% with you.

I am not convinced about that and think that the EU will continue on it's current path.

Your forecast would be the second best option for me.

The self satisfied Jean Claude Juncker has already made it clear that whatever the referendum result the Brussels bureaucrats will not change - there will be no further reform and UK still in may find it very difficult to achieve what little has been promised.

Don't forget that when Mr Chamberlain (Sorry) Cameron came back from Munich (sorry) Brussels what little he did achieve was hedged around by JCJ and his cronies will the rider that "all" that had been "given" was subject to ratification by all member states. If we bear in mind that UK is the second largest gross contributor to EU budgets, I believe there are 23 negative contributors, is quite possible that one of the ungrateful receivers may decide to withhold agreement.

Edited by Saraphee

Congrats UK... Time for Cameron to resign. You are on your way to better times if this actually happens in reality. I hope so for your sake. This also reveals that many of the polls are created to obtain the results they want. I think they actually thought they could tilt the vote in favor of stay. I think Clinton supporters should take her current poll results with a grain of salt.

Edited by losworld

The GBP has strengthened by about 2.50 Bt to the pound over the last three days.

I would expect the GBP to have a fairly stable 1:1 exchange ratio to the pound, wouldn't it? wink.png

Edited by Lannig

Congrats UK... Time for Cameron to resign. You are on your way to better times if this actually happens in reality. I hope so for your sake. This also reveals that many of the polls are created to obtain the results they want. I think they actually thought they could tilt the vote in favor of stay. I think Clinton supporters should take her current poll results with a grain of salt.

"This also reveals that many of the polls are created to obtain the results they want."

No, this reveals that the polls are not 100% reliable, hence the margin of error.

I think this means that in the polls today, Brexit is not going to happen, the politicians

have frightened the electorate with their lies as usual.

I'm no fan of lying politicians either :) but:

are you going to tell us now that they were actuall trying to deceive us all by double bluffing laugh.png

The self satisfied Jean Claude Juncker has already made it clear that whatever the referendum result the Brussels bureaucrats will not change - there will be no further reform and UK still in may find it very difficult to achieve what little has been promised.

Don't forget that when Mr Chamberlain (Sorry) Cameron came back from Munich (sorry) Brussels what little he did achieve was hedged around by JCJ and his cronies will the rider that "all" that had been "given" was subject to ratification by all member states. If we bear in mind that UK is the second largest gross contributor to EU budgets, I believe there are 23 negative contributors, is quite possible that one of the ungrateful receivers may decide to withhold agreement.

Time for me to clarify the contribution of each country:

Those who receive more than they pay:

Latvia: 743

Estonia: 582

Hungary: 496

Greece: 477

Portugal: 415

Czech Republic: 317

Poland: 313

Lithuania: 268

Belgium: 266

Slovakia: 232

Malta: 213

Bulgaria: 209

Romania: 204

Slovenia: 202

Spain: 55

Ireland: 51

Cyprus: 50

Croatia: 11

Luxembourg: 2

And those who pay more than they receive :

Italy paid 74 €

Finland: 128

France: 143

United Kingdom: 153

Austria: 168

Netherlands: 171

Germany: 189

Denmark: 246

Sweden: 253

Net balance between the contributions of each member state to the EU budget and European subsidies received. Figures 2013 per capita. Source: Annex to the Finance Bill for 2015.

"This also reveals that many of the polls are created to obtain the results they want."

No, this reveals that the polls are not 100% reliable, hence the margin of error.

So you don't believe polling can be manipulated by the questions asked, sample size, demographic breakdown etc? If you can't see this you are woefully ignorant of the process.