Thai's Visiting Laos And Cambodia

I've searched on this forum and couldn't find anything. Does anybody know? I've fired off a couple of emails to the relevant embassies but still waiting a reply.

Visiting Laos would be via Chong Mek border and entering Cambodia from Laos at Don Khong

Cheers

A Thai National with a passport can enter Laos without a visa, they just pay a 10baht "entry fee". They get the same 30 day entry stamp that a UK or US passport holder has to pay 35 USD for.

Sorry, don't know about Cambodia

I've searched on this forum and couldn't find anything. Does anybody know? I've fired off a couple of emails to the relevant embassies but still waiting a reply.

Visiting Laos would be via Chong Mek border and entering Cambodia from Laos at Don Khong

Cheers

Thailand has arrangements for their folks to cross the border for up to 2 days with a document issued from the local Amphur Office. A travel-agent can sort this out for you. Perhaps you'll need to pre-send a copy of the Thai's ID document to the travel agent - they can then arrange from there.

They may be some restrictions on how far the Thai can travel under these arrangements - you can get this from the travel agent.

I've travelled across at the Chong Mek border. Thai's don't need a visa to cross into Laos.

Thai's for all intents and purposes need a visa to enter Cambodia .There are usually available on arrival if crossing between the more frequented routes or by air, but at Don Kong (on the Lao-Cambodia border) it will not be possible (border passes as indicated above don't work if you aren't crossing directly from Thailand). So a visa for cambodia will have to be organised in advance from the cambo embassy in Bangkok before you go.

• 4 weeks later...