Great Kudos to Bangkok Bank

Under its Corporate Social Responsibility Policy (specifically Paragraph 5: Responsibility to Consumers), Bangkok Bank recognizes that consumers have the right to be compensated for service failings to meet standards, or inaccurate information which may cause damage.

In early May 2016, I formally raised an issue with the Bank that I believed had caused me loss. Shortly thereafter I met with senior management to discuss the issue and to provide copies of all relevant documents. Additionally I received regular telephone calls with updates on progress.

I am delighted to report that yesterday Bangkok Bank completely settled my issue, without drama or argument. In my view the handling of my issue was extremely professional and is a great credit to Bangkok Bank - Thanks!

I could tell you the opposite story too... I have lost money on stocks trading when my online banking had inability to send payment to complete a transaction which needed am instant payment....

The helpline were powerless to help and insisted I go to branch with a passport and account book and card...

Nobody at the branch could fix it either, they suggested to download the app again and re-register which we did and even the branch manager couldn't get it to send using my phone....

In the end they just gave up in frustration and so did I and we sent the transaction by paperwork the old fashioned way... But that worked :)

No compensation for my losses though...

I could tell you the opposite story too... I have lost money on stocks trading when my online banking had inability to send payment to complete a transaction which needed am instant payment....

The helpline were powerless to help and insisted I go to branch with a passport and account book and card...

Nobody at the branch could fix it either, they suggested to download the app again and re-register which we did and even the branch manager couldn't get it to send using my phone....

In the end they just gave up in frustration and so did I and we sent the transaction by paperwork the old fashioned way... But that worked smile.png

That was probably due to the connection from the bank and is outside of the bank's control which is why they did nothing about it.

In the end they just gave up in frustration and so did I and we sent the transaction by paperwork the old fashioned way... But that worked smile.png

That was probably due to the connection from the bank and is outside of the bank's control which is why they did nothing about it.

No, it was nothing wrong with the connection

I was able to perform the same transactions with my Kasikorn banking application

They were also able to raise my limit for 3rd party transfers by phone, something bkk bank were unable to do on the phone and in person at the branch

The only time I've had an issue with them was a 100% fail. I noticed some suspicious activity - withdrawals that I couldn't remember making. Went to the main branch on 2nd Road Pattaya. Eventually the manager printed out a list of withdrawals from ATMs in the area. He identified all of them. There was one in Sattahip (then I didn't even know there was a Sattahip); some others in Pattaya sois again where I had never visited. All told a loss of about 80K.

He could not explain it; showed little concern and told me to change my PIN. I pointed out that only me and his bank had access to this. He shrugged. The card stayed with me 24 - 7. I did not have a girlfriend with access to my card. I changed my PIN but still lost 80K. Inertia stopped me from changing my bank.

Archived