Need insurance for my Yamaha R3

Hi guys

My insurance for my Yamaha R3 has come up for renewal. The previous 12 months first class insurance was a freebie when I purchased the bike but now they are asking for 10,000 bht even though I am 48 years old and never had any accidents or made any claims. When I queried why it was so high, especially compared to my car insurance they said that because it was a big bike that goes fast the premiums are higher. Before I accept their offer I was wondering what other companies I can approach to see if I can find a better premium.

Cheers JAF

Shop around, and also look at non-1st class insurance.

What you really need are:

1) Bail Bond.

3) 3rd party property and medical.

Presuming you have your own health or personal-accident insurance here already.

Parts for these bikes are generally quite cheap here, so you might be interested in not having that covered.

Look at what 2nd and 3rd class do and don't cover compared to 1st.

One of my insurances has a 50% excess. Instead of 20k I pay 10k, in the result of a claim I need to pay the remaining 10k before anything else happens.

One Direct, I think.

Simular.

But i need pay if my fault 50k . If not my fault insurance full payment.

So i think for OP need look few company and even few policy .

Plenty.

I also use Tokio Marine. Coverage isn't the best, but it has a very decent bail bond, which along with 3rd party coverage is one of my main requirements.

In Thailand you need to be extra careful for two possible events such an accident occur:

1) extortion by the police.

2) lies and BS claims by the 3rd party.

As pointed out already, parts are relatively cheap and plentiful, if you wish to save on insurance premium, this is the advisable place to save.

Archived