Bangkok cabbie done after putting hand on passenger's leg and suggesting sex

webfact

In China, most taxi drivers' seats are sealed and only a small square hole is provided for the driver to collect money and give change if any. This makes it very difficult or impossible for the driver to touch a passenger whether they are sitting in the front seat or back seats.

Some cabs in the UK are similar, but mainly to protect the driver from the passengers!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a taxi yesterday and the driver was a young man. He kept turning his head way out to the sides and back to follow every passing "attractive" woman with his eyes. He did this almost 7 times and even in traffic.

Reminded me of the couple of times I've gotten in a taxi with a portable DVD player and screen in the front, where the driver watches movies while driving on crowded roads.

facepalm.gif

Edited by mesterm

"The woman in the back of his orange cab, number 5960 was going from Sukhumvit Soi 11 to On Nut Soi 46 in the early hours of the morning."

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to protect driver's behavior, but...

What he should think about woman who takes taxi next to famous prostitution place early in the morning?

And second strange thing is those pictures. Was she sitting with her mobile "ready-to-take-shots"? Or just allowed him touch her knee long enough to pull out phone and took some pictures?

We will never know what really was happened in that car...

Most of these girls, in fact most girls have their phones poised in front of their faces most of the time, except maybe when having sex. Your suggestion that a prostitute is a good target for a bit of "free" molestation defies logic. However it might have worked for him before, but not this time.

. . . . and I know you excuse yourself but . . . . what should he think? That he does his job and transports a passenger safely and securely to where he or she wants to go, without his ego, over inflated with an "ice" dream to bolster his delusions, getting in the road.

The useless fine and ban, is proof that the people now runningn the system are just as delusional as he is.

Edited by Maggusoil

I am a farang, I have been here more than 12 years and I love Thailand and its people;

of course, like every other people in every country in this world, Thai people are not perfect, but generally speaking, they are much better than people in most other countries;

and I am fed up with all of you farangs always mucking and complaining about Thailand and its people

Well, if you do not like it here, just go back where you came from, we can do without so much complainers

Do you need money to get yourself on a boat back home?

I will vouch you for it for as long you promise to never come back

and good riddens

Could you be a tad more to the point? It took you four years as a member for your debut rant.clap2.gif

What was the 5000 Baht fine for? Making a proposal for sex? Touching a passenger? I didn't know that was illegal?

From soi eleven sukhumvit, wee hours? Assuming she is a bar girl she didn't allow in the the taxi what she had been allowing on sukhumvit. Just remember it is only allowed during working hours. I once met a bar girl casually on sukhumvit where she was all over me telling me all the ways she could rock my world even a 'Chain Train' whatever that is. Of course she got the normal sex worker NO THANKS. The next day I was shopping in Terminal 21 and saw her and called her by name. She was dressed like a normal girl, flat heels and jeans. Won't speak at all and did the Thaigirl Shuffle. Vampire at night til 4am and virtuous in daylight hours in the mall. Lol.

What was the 5000 Baht fine for? Touching a passenger? I didn't know that was illegal?

"Touching a (female) passenger (on her naked legs, knees)?" = sexual harassment thumbsup.gif

Your name - "Nomen est Omen"? tongue.png

Nice legs!

The world never had similar problems when women covered up more.

The old timers have said they would cherish when they could see a woman's ankles!

When you dress to turn men or women on, what do you expect?

Then post your a photo of your legs on line for the world to see.

All she had to do is grab his hand and say, " no, stop the taxi and let me out!"

You a -Muslim-? blink.png

If not, that would be the right religion for you. facepalm.gif

Early morning hooker leaving client steps in Taxi ,

What do you think a driver high on amphetamine wants ?

He should have offered her money then there was no problem at all

Or two waitresses who had just finished work at a restaurant and were going home.........

"The woman in the back of his orange cab, number 5960 was going from Sukhumvit Soi 11 to On Nut Soi 46 in the early hours of the morning."

What he should think about woman who takes taxi next to famous prostitution place early in the morning?

Was she sitting with her mobile "ready-to-take-shots"?

"What he should think about woman who takes taxi next to famous prostitution place early in the morning?"

That had been 2 women first he drove, the incident happened after one woman was on her place already.

What do think? - They could have both come out of that Soi after a late-early meal on the roadside and from a Disco in that area.

"Was she sitting with her mobile "ready-to-take-shots"?"

YES, nowadays, people holding their smart phones nearly and often akll the time in their hands!

"Nomen est Oman" rolleyes.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler

D3030

Not into Thai bashing, just getting

Tired of the sick every day facts of

Life in LOS

If you live here and you're not a Thai, then leave Thailand!

I recall you doing what you do...

Only seeing the farangs point of view, and how much better everything back home is..

There are much worse things going on in the United States, and many others countries..

That even "bad" people feel safe coming to Thailand..

And it's not the perverts and guys cheating on their significant other..

Eventually Thailand will be like the U.S. and others.. It will take time, not never..

Thailand, is like the U.S. was in the 70's, in some locations..

In others, 'pretty' much the same.

Some people that live in the U.S., thing New Orleans, Louisiana, is a toliet to shit in..

It's a great place to take a vacation, or to live and raise a

family..

No country is crime free!

I personally thing Thailand is safer, than New Orleans, LA..

Edited by D3030

Early morning hooker leaving client steps in Taxi ,

What do you think a driver high on amphetamine wants ?

He should have offered her money then there was no problem at all.

"Early morning hooker leaving client steps in Taxi ,"

Possibly false conclusion! 2 women, more likely, on the way home after some late-early eating on roadside and coming from a Disco in that area.

"What do you think a driver high on amphetamine wants ?"

You seem to know? From experience? tongue.png

"He should have offered her money then there was no problem at all."

How you know, that that would have worked out positive with that woman? You know her? From your experience? Is that how you deal or communicate with all Thai women, you are interested in? rolleyes.gif whistling.gif

===================================

From the NEWS LINK provided

"He said that he took the victim and her friend from Sukhukvit Soi 11 first to Soi Pattanakarn 25 and then to Soi Onnuj 46.

After dropping the victim’s friend, Somchai said he drove the victim to Soi Onnuj. While driving, he said they both chatted and he touched the woman’s legs twice because they had known each other before.

The cabbie also admitted that he was high on drug that night."

==================================

"Nomen est Oman" rolleyes.gif

http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Terminator

Edited by ALFREDO

...that's it....???

...he was already operating with an expired license....so what difference will it make to him...???

...and the victim's life may be ruined now....????

....justice...what justice....

...he admitted his crime so 'it's okay now'....???

...irrefutable proof....common sense dictates...put him away for as long as you can....and never to drive a taxi again...

I am a farang, I have been here more than 12 years and I love Thailand and its people;

of course, like every other people in every country in this world, Thai people are not perfect, but generally speaking, they are much better than people in most other countries;

and I am fed up with all of you farangs always mucking and complaining about Thailand and its people

Well, if you do not like it here, just go back where you came from, we can do without so much complainers

and good riddens

-Seddy-

Nice, you waited nearly 4 years of Thai Visa membership, until you put your anger and thoughts in your first posting. Well done. thumbsup.gif

If necessary, I will come back to you, for that.

"Do you need money to get yourself on a boat back home?

I will vouch you for it for as long you promise to never come back" wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

From soi eleven sukhumvit, wee hours? Assuming she is a bar girl she didn't allow in the the taxi what she had been allowing on sukhumvit.

You "assuming" possibly wrong? blink.png

That had been 2 women in the Taxi! The Taxi man started his advances after he delivered the first woman to her place! rolleyes.gif

Possibly false conclusion! 2 women, more likely, on the way home after some late-early eating on roadside and coming from a Disco in that area. whistling.gif

===================================

From the NEWS LINK provided

"He said that he took the victim and her friend from Sukhukvit Soi 11 first to Soi Pattanakarn 25 and then to Soi Onnuj 46.

After dropping the victim’s friend, Somchai said he drove the victim to Soi Onnuj.

While driving, he said they both chatted and he touched the woman’s legs twice because they had known each other before.

The cabbie also admitted that he was high on drug that night."

==================================

...that's it....???

...he was already operating with an expired license....so what difference will it make to him...???

...and the victim's life may be ruined now....????

....justice...what justice....

...he admitted his crime so 'it's okay now'....???

...irrefutable proof....common sense dictates...put him away for as long as you can....and never to drive a taxi again...

An expired taxi license?

I don't think that is a criminal offense, in any country..

Put him away for as long as you can?

For touching a females leg, and asking her if she wants to have sex?

The drugs, if he was on them.. Different story..

But, a taxi driver taking amphetamine to stay awake, seems like a better option than a drunk or tired taxi driver..

Edited by D3030

Six months ban for groping a passenger, unlicensed , drugs etc then it's back to work as normal?

Pity he didn't have an E cig in his gob when she took the pic.

At least he would have got 5 years!

'Pity he didn't have an E cig in his gob when she took the pic ... At least he would have got 5 years!'

I wouldn't presume that; talking the talk is Thai authorities' answer to every problem; their walking the walk is another matter, altogether. And why the DoT were charged with deciding on the penalty for at least one criminal offence besides the drugs, heaven only knows.

Edited by Jonmarleesco

and good riddens

Do let me know where you bought your specs ... the rose tinted ones, that is. I presume, however, that were it your wife, girlfriend, whatever in the taxi, you'd have a different viewpoint.

D3030

Not into Thai bashing, just getting

Tired of the sick every day facts of

Life in LOS

if you watch a lot of news, it is sick every day facts of life anywhere.

I've returned to Canada briefly and the news is about a good samaritan beaten because he tried intervening in a Skytrain sexual assault in Vancouver.

Same crap different country.

Most people with a sense of respect

Attempt to affect positive changes.

Some people really have limited

Knowledge of rant vs constructive

Criticism

But you aren't offering anything constructive.

You're just whining about how terrible life in LOS is.

And second strange thing is those pictures. Was she sitting with her mobile "ready-to-take-shots"? Or just allowed him touch her knee long enough to pull out phone and took some pictures?

Wrong. We know exactly what he did in that car. He laid his hands on someone who had not given him permission to do so.

That is assault.

He made unwanted advances and offered drugs for sex rather than do his <deleted> job which is drive his car where the passenger, no matter where he picked them up from, wanted to go.

His job isn't to make crass assumptions about the profession of those he picks up based on location, it's to drive his cab. That's it.

Nice legs!

It seems the cabbie loves too much!

The world never had similar problems when women covered up more.

The old timers have said they would cherish when they could see a woman's ankles!

When you dress to turn men or women on, what do you expect?

Then post your a photo of your legs on line for the world to see.

All she had to do is grab his hand and say, " no, stop the taxi and let me out!"

Your first comment says it all about you! By showing her "nice legs", she was "asking for it", then? By the way, for me to appreciate "nice legs" I would have to see more than a pair of knees and 3 or 4 inches of lower thigh! The world has had similar problems since a caveman dragged a woman into his cave by her hair, and if she "grabbed his hand" it could also be interpreted for asking for it!

I agree with this:

By allowing him to keep his hand on her leg, that might send the wrong message.

Sounds like she turned down the drugs and sex offer only..

Took to social media to get more people to look at her legs..

Wrong. We know exactly what he did in that car. He laid his hands on someone who had not given him permission to do so.

That is assault.

He made unwanted advances and offered drugs for sex rather than do his <deleted> job which is drive his car where the passenger, no matter where he picked them up from, wanted to go.

His job isn't to make crass assumptions about the profession of those he picks up based on location, it's to drive his cab. That's it.

Look up the definition of assault... I could ne

Plus, she apparently never told him, or pushed his hand off her leg..