First results in UK's historic referendum on EU membership

webfact

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge mistake economically for the little Englanders. England will be even smaller within the next few years as global businesses withdraw investment and Scotland and Northern Ireland bolt for the exits and back to the comfort of funding.

What funding?

Gets several hundred m euros pa in grants from the EU. Ditto Wales, Northern Ireland and the North West of England to name 4. Compensation for the centrist politicians doing sweet FA for the regions over many decades.

I'm hoping the wrong decision has some huge side benefits - destruction of the power of London, wrecking the smug complacency of the Conservative party, resurrection of the Labour party with the ejection of that crazy crazy bloke at the top; in fact a complete eruption in the status quo. About time - I thought the country was going to hell in a hand cart with the iniquitous wealth distribution. People are paid ridiculous and undeserved sums for doing stuff that delivers the wrong type of value (I was one of them!).

But we all have our own views so I welcome hearing yours!

I guess a certain TV member who was slagging off Brexit voters yesterday better be looking for a house in Denmark or Germany which he promised to do...dont forget to give your British passport back on leaving as well, say hello to Angela from all of us...

No way I am going to gloat - this is far too important for petty point scoring.

However, I am enjoying the image I have of Grouse waking up and wanting to top himself. He must be choking on his sarcasm and vitriol.

Probably suicidal.

He has lost his 1 euro a post and the EU have cut off his internet.

I believe France and Holland will be next voting to leave the EU

It's a very sad day for the EU and for the UK too.

We're all, Europeans and Britons, going to pay a lot for this. Talk about durable recession in the region.

We all know that the Atlantic Ocean has always been much narrower than the Channel in the heart of many Britons, but things don't work this way as they'll find out soon.

Anyway, your choice.

This is the crux.

Yes, we will make mistakes, we will fix them.

We will flourish.

I see that that the turkeys voted for Christmas.

All you Sterling holders in Thailand that voted Leave........how'd you like the 5 Bt hair-cut you've taken on Sterling?

I am getting ready to buy sterling right now in preparation for the markets opening in London losses will be relatively short term and there is money to be made on the GBP

Yours is a very short sighted view

Yea, it looks like my daily trips to convince Wales' voters to leave has worked (wink)! Truly more exciting than a Boston tavern 200+ years ago.

"The British are coming, the British are coming!"

(I hope tomorrow finds you in your own future. Self autonomy).

I'm sure the "coming" is in a non-sexual context even in this case, yes? biggrin.png

We're all, Europeans and Britons, going to pay a lot for this. Talk about durable recession in the region.

We all know that the Atlantic Ocean has always been much narrower than the Channel in the heart of many Britons, but things don't work this way as they'll find out soon.

Anyway, your choice.

This is the crux.

We will flourish.

2 world wars, 1 world cup and a EU refurendum will be the new chant at the football

Britain 4 Germany 0

Independence Day is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and the burial of the idea of a common Europe. Congratulations.

The EU should have recognised long before now that the 'population' was not happy with the expense of the EU/money spent on the wrong things and the undemocratic make-up of the EU!

They didn't care, and are now paying the price.

Independence Day is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and the burial of the idea of a common Europe. Congratulations.

The EU should have recognised long before now that the 'population' was not happy with the expense of the EU/money spent on the wrong things and the undemocratic make-up of the EU!

They didn't care, and are now paying the price.

Sadly true and spot on ..

I see that that the turkeys voted for Christmas.

All you Sterling holders in Thailand that voted Leave........how'd you like the 5 Bt hair-cut you've taken on Sterling?

Most of us who were able to moved money at the inflated rate of 52.

I expect my transfer to be in a few weeks time at a similar rate..... but anything around 50 is where I expect it to be.

All the little englanders in the shires hate with a passion the money boys in the City. They should.

But they gifted them a huge present today - the most extreme volatility in markets seen in modern times. Those boys are gonna be so much richer tonight and by month-end. Their bonuses at year end are going to be so much bigger. Mansion prices in London are gonna go stratospheric. They won't notice/care that their new Ferrari will cost 10% more.

Me - I fully expect to make a minor killing by rebuying the shares that I sold at the beginning of May at a 20 % discount (maybe only 10%) later today. I don't speculate on currency markets, otherwise I would be substantially richer tonight.

As always its the wrong people that make money out of the wrong decisions as well as wrong people who make money out of good decisions!

Let us not forget that 48% of the UK voted to REMAIN.

Wise words from the leader of the LEAVE campaign, Gisela Stuart, who stressed that everyone must now work together with our European colleagues to maker a better Europe.

If we are going to leave the EU (& it is an "IF" as Parliament needs to ratify the decision & as less than 37% (52% of the 72% that voted) of the electorate voted for it, it's under no obligation to do so) then let's hope the EU implodes sooner rather rather than later as that should make negotiating individual trade treaties more urgent for all.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the Northern Irish and some of Wales. Scotland and London was expected along with a few plush England counties. One thing we have learned from the demographics is this. We now know where people don't mind immigration, as this was one of the main issues and we can send them there.thumbsup.gif

Brexit never claimed to cut immigration, but to control it.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Anyway, your choice.

This is the crux.

We will flourish.

2 world wars, 1 world cup and a EU refurendum will be the new chant at the football

Britain 4 Germany 0

... err, let me be the first Brit here to acknowledge that the Americans won the two world wars, certainly the second. We played a big part in keeping it warm for them while they made their mind up. We also had the resolve and intellect not to bend over and take aggressive moves. Those were the days when politicians in the US had no appetite for global warfare! Pity that era passed.

I have real hopes that the Scots will see the light, split from the UK and join the EU.

In the end, Britain will end up amputated as well. Loss-loss IMO.

Wrong , an independent Scoland will do better without England and the EU .

Just like Norway the natural resources from gas and oil will turn Scotland into a very rich country .

Now watch the the Donald concentrate even more on immigration now he has seen what success "leave" has achieved.

Coming soon, the Scots voting again for independence and remaining in the EU.

Not longer Great but fragmentend Britain.

Anyway, your choice.

This is the crux.

We will flourish.

Britain 4 Germany 0

... err, let me be the first Brit here to acknowledge that the Americans won the two world wars, certainly the second. We played a big part in keeping it warm for them while they made their mind up. We also had the resolve and intellect not to bend over and take aggressive moves. Those were the days when politicians in the US had no appetite for global warfare! Pity that era passed.

Oh please lets not start this rubbish...my comment was meant as a joke... and your off topic...this event concerns the UK not the US so please dont hijack the thread trying to make it about the US...its not

If we are going to leave the EU (& it is an "IF" as Parliament needs to ratify the decision & as less than 37% (52% of the 72% that voted) of the electorate voted for it, it's under no obligation to do so) then let's hope the EU implodes sooner rather rather than later as that should make negotiating individual trade treaties more urgent for all.

Doubt if parliament has the balls to pull a coup. The people of the UK spoke, politicians better start listening.

Archived