So what did the Brexit supporters gain?

29 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

We knew exactly what we were voting for: to leave a club that we don't like before it got to the stage where we wouldn't be allowed to leave.

You remainers keep harping on about us not being allowed to leave on favourable terms, even claiming that we don't hold any boss cards. But, other than the initial daft rants by the EU goons (who were immediately put straight by Merkel), I see no evidence of this whatsoever. On the contrary, we hold the trump card in our trade balance with Germany, and Merkel's behaviour confirms this.

Isn't whole clause allowing 2 years to negotiate and leave some sort of assurance you can leave? Why would you think that would change to the point where you were not allowed to leave?

And if you know exactly what you voted for, tell us!!!! No one else has, what will be the trade agreements reached for Britain? What will the immigration policy be? What will be economic benefit to the average man on the street?

To be honest, I will be surprised if you answer(though very impressed) given the fact we are no on page 41 of a thread asking what has been gained....why have you not shared that info before? I could have made the thread alot shorter.

It seems to me you don't know what you were voting for and were only voting against something..... Not really the most logical way to vote if that is the case.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/29/2016 at 5:34 PM, Khun Han said:

There is nothing wrong with the Lower House debating the details/nitty gritty of brexit. But brexit itself is a fundamental given, not up for debate. That's why we had the referendum: to give the choice to the people, not parliament. We might just as well start reversing General Election results because certain people of power and influence think the people made the wrong choice.

On the subject of ThaiVisa posters' nationalities: I'm from the North West of England; I am of the opinion that Germany is far and away the dominant force in the EU, and would continue to be so in a federal Europe; I will gladly make sacrifices to stop Germany from gaining any kind of direct control of my country. Some of my forefathers made the greatest sacrifice for the same cause.

One other thing on this.

Is your understanding of history so contorted you don't even know why Britain entered 2 world wars against Germany?

Just in case it is(and this is rather ironic in this instance), your forefather's went to war to defend Europe against Germany. Britain declared war on Germany, Germany did not invade or attack Britain. They attacked Poland and Britain went to war to defend the Poles.

So your forefather's that died in ww2 died for Poles, if you want to honour them shouldn't you also defend Europe?

17million voted for Brexit, but ''Brexit' was never defined beyond 'Brexit'='Brexit'.

I've tried myself to ask 'Brexit' supporters here on TVF to give a definition of what they believe 'Brexit' actually means ( define some solid targets of 'Brexit' that can be measured so that we know when 'Brexit' has actually been achieved').

The responses I've had can be best described as 'a wet bar of soap'...nothing anyone can actually get a grip of.

Next up.

The government realise there is no agreed definition of 'Brexit' and 17milluon people obviously have different views.

Time to set one against the other.

Divide and rule... As ever.

Here's a forecast:

Whatever you thought you were going to get you are not going to get it.

If you disagree with my forecast, start by telling us all what you think 'Brexit' will be so that we can come back later and see who was right.

15 hours ago, ljd1308 said:

Isn't whole clause allowing 2 years to negotiate and leave some sort of assurance you can leave? Why would you think that would change to the point where you were not allowed to leave?

And if you know exactly what you voted for, tell us!!!! No one else has, what will be the trade agreements reached for Britain? What will the immigration policy be? What will be economic benefit to the average man on the street?

To be honest, I will be surprised if you answer(though very impressed) given the fact we are no on page 41 of a thread asking what has been gained....why have you not shared that info before? I could have made the thread alot shorter.

It seems to me you don't know what you were voting for and were only voting against something..... Not really the most logical way to vote if that is the case.

So you're denying that a federal Europe is not the aim of the EU then?

15 hours ago, ljd1308 said:

One other thing on this.

Is your understanding of history so contorted you don't even know why Britain entered 2 world wars against Germany?

Just in case it is(and this is rather ironic in this instance), your forefather's went to war to defend Europe against Germany. Britain declared war on Germany, Germany did not invade or attack Britain. They attacked Poland and Britain went to war to defend the Poles.

So your forefather's that died in ww2 died for Poles, if you want to honour them shouldn't you also defend Europe?

Welcome to the world of the EU remainers folks.

A world where the sky is always imminently falling on brexit Britain (but never actually does).

A world where Britain will leave the EU with it's tail between it's legs because of it's desperate need for German cars and Belgian chocolate.

A world in which Britain started World War Two back in 1939 with it's nasty attack on poor little Germany. No doubt the extermination camps of Belsen, Auschwitz, etc were just sets created at Pinewood Studios by the Jewish-controlled movie industry too :bah:.

4 hours ago, GuestHouse said:

17million voted for Brexit, but ''Brexit' was never defined beyond 'Brexit'='Brexit'.

I've tried myself to ask 'Brexit' supporters here on TVF to give a definition of what they believe 'Brexit' actually means ( define some solid targets of 'Brexit' that can be measured so that we know when 'Brexit' has actually been achieved').

The responses I've had can be best described as 'a wet bar of soap'...nothing anyone can actually get a grip of.

Next up.

The government realise there is no agreed definition of 'Brexit' and 17milluon people obviously have different views.

Here's a forecast:

If you disagree with my forecast, start by telling us all what you think 'Brexit' will be so that we can come back later and see who was right.

To my simplistic mind Brexit means the removal of Britain from European Union rule, returning all powers to the British Government.  No more paying in to be told what to do, who to let in, what to buy, what to produce, etc.  Basically Britain becomes it's own Sovereign country again instead of a member state with limited influence. 

10 minutes ago, gmac said:

To my simplistic mind Brexit means the removal of Britain from European Union rule, returning all powers to the British Government.  No more paying in to be told what to do, who to let in, what to buy, what to produce, etc.  Basically Britain becomes it's own Sovereign country again instead of a member state with limited influence. 

your assumption is partly correct and that of course provided a Brexit is ever going to happen.

16 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

You don't like it when someone has a different opinion to you do you Cladius? 

Why can't you just accept that not everyone feels the same way as you instead of just blowing them off

Sorry , but could it not be the other way around? oh i forgot the remainers are right , even though they lost and cannot bear it .

6 hours ago, GuestHouse said:

Next up.

Here's a forecast:

You don't get it do you? we do not have to tell you why we wanted to leave , it may have been a different reason for every voter , its the same when we vote in a govt ,we do not have to give our reasons to those who lost , you had your reasons to vote to stay in , i for one care not a jot why you voted that way ,its your business , but more of us voted to leave , why? that's our buisiness , now please ,just leave it ,  you can moan and whine as much as you like but at the end of the day after a fair vote   WE WON .

2 hours ago, gmac said:

That's my simplistic definition of Brexit too.

I'm not entirely happy about it as I like some aspects of the EU - but I think that is pretty much what the voters wanted when they voted Brexit.

But the remainers want to know specific economic and migration statistics for the foreseeable future, otherwise brexiters are clueless idiots.

And the remainers know that we won't get anything we want from brexit because they know about the secret, mysterious power and influence that the EU has over Britain, but they won't let us brexiters in on the secret.

7 hours ago, i claudius said:

Sorry , but could it not be the other way around? oh i forgot the remainers are right , even though they lost and cannot bear it .

But the remainers don't have to play by the same rules. They can ridicule and insult brexiters as much as they want, and their fellow remainers will 'like' their insults.

3 hours ago, i claudius said:

You don't get it do you? we do not have to tell you why we wanted to leave , it may have been a different reason for every voter , its the same when we vote in a govt ,we do not have to give our reasons to those who lost , you had your reasons to vote to stay in , i for one care not a jot why you voted that way ,its your business , but more of us voted to leave , why? that's our buisiness , now please ,just leave it ,  you can moan and whine as much as you like but at the end of the day after a fair vote   WE WON .

Thank you for demonstrating that 'I do get it' by confirming each Brexit voter had their own reason for why they voted Brexit - It is this diversity of reasons against the fact no definition of what 'Brexit' actually is that is going to be used by politicians to 'divide and rule'.

And I did not ask you why you voted Brexit, I said 'if you disagree with my forecast, start by telling us what you believe Brexit will be'.

Your claim 'We Won' is meaningless if you can't say what you won other than a vote count that so far has resulted in no action, while even people, excluding gmac, who voted Brexit can't say what they expext Brexit to be.

42 pages into a discussion on the subject and we still do not have an answer.

Be assured, I absolutely do 'get it'.

Edited by GuestHouse
8 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

... 42 pages into a discussion on the subject and we still do not have an answer.

Be assured, I absolutely do 'get it'.

Yes, hurry up you silly TV Brexiteers and vocalize what you think you want from Brexit since the British PM, after forming the Department for Exiting the European Union (who are still looking for an office) is hanging on your every word.

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, hurry up you silly TV Brexiteers and vocalize what you think you want from Brexit since the British PM, after forming the Department for Exiting the European Union (who are still looking for an office) is hanging on your every word.

I don't think it too much to expect that if people voted for 'Brexit' they ought to have some idea of what 'Brexit' would actually be.

The point you missed from my post, is that the PM and the Government will use the lack of a focussed vission amongst Brexit supporters to divide and rule. 

As I said above:

"Whatever you thought you were going to get you are not going to get it."

Its perhaps realisation of the truth of this forecast that makes 'Brexit' supportes so reluctant to tell us what they have 'won'.

Edited by GuestHouse

Well as i read polish language i can tell you that poles being assaulted on the streets.

Here is current todays news fatal assault by 20 kids 2 poles eating pizza.

Remember poles were fighting for britain and division 303 had the most shootdowns.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brexit-blamed-hate-crime-killing-polish-factory-worker-1578808

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/harlow-murder-polish-man-killed-by-mob-in-hate-attack-named-locally-as-arek-jozwik-a3332896.html

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

I don't think it too much to expect that if people voted for 'Brexit' they ought to have some idea of what 'Brexit' would actually be.

The point you missed from my post, is that the PM and the Government will use the lack of a focussed vission amongst Brexit supporters to divide and rule. 

As I said above:

"Whatever you thought you were going to get you are not going to get it."

Its perhaps realisation of the truth of this forecast that makes 'Brexit' supportes so reluctant to tell us what they have 'won'.

It's about triggering article 50. That's ALL it is about.

How the the UK and the EU progress through the ensuing 24-months hasn't even been defined as it is all new, uncharted territory for all parties.

Now, what did the Remainers hope to gain if they had prevailed at the referendum? Maintaining the status quo is not an acceptable answer BTW.

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

How the the UK and the EU progress through the ensuing 24-months hasn't even been defined as it is all new, uncharted territory for all parties.

Now, what did the Remainers hope to gain if they had prevailed at the referendum? Maintaining the status quo is not an acceptable answer BTW.

Status quo would not be the result , if the remain vote had won.

No free movement of nationals of countries outside eu who marry eu national

Child Benefit to be paid at index rate of childs home country

No monies to be paid for eu bailouts, and reimbursed for any central funds used to prop up the euro

Ever closer  union would not apply to the UK

10 hours ago, Khun Han said:

So you're denying that a federal Europe is not the aim of the EU then?

Am I to assume that due to your lack of answers I was correct in my assumption that you didn't know what you were voting for?

To answer your question, that wasn't the subject at hand and nor did you even ask the question....so not sure how it could be denied.

Are you capable of answering direct questions? As I have asked the same thing 3 times now and you seem keen to avoid answering for some reason......

9 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Welcome to the world of the EU remainers folks.

A world where the sky is always imminently falling on brexit Britain (but never actually does).

A world where Britain will leave the EU with it's tail between it's legs because of it's desperate need for German cars and Belgian chocolate.

A world in which Britain started World War Two back in 1939 with it's nasty attack on poor little Germany. No doubt the extermination camps of Belsen, Auschwitz, etc were just sets created at Pinewood Studios by the Jewish-controlled movie industry too :bah:.

So you think Germany declared war on Britain? Is that a common belief among people?

To be honest I truly thought it was common knowledge that Britain declared war when Germany invaded Poland and only the poorly educated thought otherwise.

Do you have a reference for Germany declaring war on Britain first?

Pretty sure that at no time have i mentioned belgian choclates or german cars.....So I literally have no idea what you are trying to say there.

But it's ok if you don't want to talk about facts and want to avoid them like the plague....it seems something many people who voted to leave tend to do.

Edited by ljd1308
2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Why is maintaining the status quo not an acceptable answer? That literally makes no sense, if people voted to remain on the basis they were happy with how things were.....why is that a problem for you?

How bad do you think Britain currently is that jumping into the unknown is better?

It is one of the richest countries in the world, one of the freest, has one of the highest standards of living and countless other fantastic things....all while being part of the EU. People are risking giving that up just to change.

7 hours ago, ljd1308 said:

Am I to assume that due to your lack of answers I was correct in my assumption that you didn't know what you were voting for?

To answer your question, that wasn't the subject at hand and nor did you even ask the question....so not sure how it could be denied.

Are you capable of answering direct questions? As I have asked the same thing 3 times now and you seem keen to avoid answering for some reason......

And you have been answered over and over again by myself and several other posters. Go back and read the last two pages of this thread instead of awarding yourself a non-existent debating victory. If you still can't see the answer, I'm sorry, I can't help with ignorance.

7 hours ago, ljd1308 said:

So you think Germany declared war on Britain? Is that a common belief among people?

To be honest I truly thought it was common knowledge that Britain declared war when Germany invaded Poland and only the poorly educated thought otherwise.

Do you have a reference for Germany declaring war on Britain first?

Pretty sure that at no time have i mentioned belgian choclates or german cars.....So I literally have no idea what you are trying to say there.

But it's ok if you don't want to talk about facts and want to avoid them like the plague....it seems something many people who voted to leave tend to do.

Oh dear. We have a mini-Fourth Reich invasion of the thread :lol:.

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

And you have been answered over and over again by myself and several other posters. Go back and read the last two pages of this thread instead of awarding yourself a non-existent debating victory. If you still can't see the answer, I'm sorry, I can't help with ignorance.

I did see the below quoted text which comes closes to any of your answers, of course it actually just says you don't know.... only for some reason you think it is wrong to be asked.

See no one actually knows what you want as you are doing everything possible to avoid the question. The closest you have come is stating your forefather's died for Britain fighting Germany and you wanted to honour that by leaving the EU, however as in the previous post(which you have derailed into something about nazis) the ironic thing about that is your forefathers died to prevent Germany controlling Europe(not Britain) and yet by voting to leave you leave Germany as having the most control in the EU....basically the exact opposite of what you think you voted for.

Britain declared war on Germany because of their aggression in Europe, not due to their aggression towards Britain. If you honestly don't know that, I don't know what else to say. Do you need links to information about how and why ww2 started? 

But the remainers want to know specific economic and migration statistics for the foreseeable future, otherwise brexiters are clueless idiots.

And the remainers know that we won't get anything we want from brexit because they know about the secret, mysterious power and influence that the EU has over Britain, but they won't let us brexiters in on the secret.

A BREXIT brainstorming session has come up with the idea of boosting the UK’s economy by remaining in the EU. 

The entire Conservative cabinet was brought together to think of new and radical approaches to Brexit by prime minister Theresa May, who told everyone that there are no bad ideas and everything is on the table. 

Brexit secretary David Davis said: “It was 2am when Liam Fox said ‘If we need to be in the single market and we need freedom of movement, why don’t we join the EU?’

“Unfortunately we realised that, post-Brexit, there’s no way we’d meet the criteria – the country will be a wreck – but as we haven’t actually left yet we can simply stay in. 

“Also, we worked out how to eliminate all the thorny problems of juggling private healthcare providers by creating a state-run, state-owned health service. 

“We should have these brainstorms more often. Really gets you thinking out of the box.” 

Theresa May said: “Brexit means Brexit, and Brexit means continuing as a full member of the EU. What?”

Daily Mash....